2011.06.30 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty-Two)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shelby- were you following this case closely before May 2011?

I've been following it since the night they played Cindy's 911 call on the news ("It smells like there's been a *advertiser censored* body in the car") shortly after it was announced that Caylee was missing 31 days-and that nobody had reported her missing.

I counted the days until the document dump!

What I find ridiculous about their subpoena today for records for the 15th of July is that in their surrebuttal if they feel they need one can only be what is brought out on prosecution rebuttal. Prosecution rebuttal is only dealing with employment records for 3/17 and whatever else that other day is 3/21??

The DT can not now introduce any new evidence.

HHJP is not going to hold up this trial for anything.

IMO

I hope you're right ,but HHJP did grant the subpeona.

another try. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCtaBrfujy4&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCtaBrfujy4&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

What I find ridiculous about their subpoena today for records for the 15th of July is that in their surrebuttal if they feel they need one can only be what is brought out on prosecution rebuttal. Prosecution rebuttal is only dealing with employment records for 3/17 and whatever else that other day is 3/21??

The DT can not now introduce any new evidence.

HHJP is not going to hold up this trial for anything.

IMO
Also, I thought CA was off work on the weekends. The 15th was a Saturday.

ETA: oh... I see now that they want the 15th of July

I've been following it since the night they played Cindy's 911 call on the news ("It smells like there's been a *advertiser censored* body in the car") shortly after it was announced that Caylee was missing 31 days-and that nobody had reported her missing.

I counted the days until the document dump!

ok, cool. And you've stated you think she's guilty. (as do most people here, myself included.)

You mention your daughter would vote not guilty. What is her extent of exposure to this case?

I'm asking b/c I'm concerned about the jury.

I got the same impression when HHJP was asking Baez if he knew Cindy was going to say her employment records could not be relied upon. It took a few times of HHJP asking for Baez to finally answer and did you notice that when he finally said yes, he knew that was what she was going to say he also said LDB wasn't surprised either based on what Cindy had said in her disposition.

Really, Baez? I mean, really???

IIRC LDB was containing her fury quite well but she was steaming when she stood up to cross Cindy. If she was not surprised as you indicate Baez, then she deserved an academy award for acting as though she was surprised. Sure looked genuine to me.

IMO

On the same topic,

At the end of court today, JB said he wanted to subpoena Gentiva records for July 15. And the SA said it might take until next week to get them. Will this affect the case going to the jury on Saturday?

For anyone who wants to amuse themselves in this lull - why not go over to www.thehinkymeter.com and check out Val's summary/commentary on the trial proceedings yesterday, including "Mustang Sally". Should perk you all right up....:great: :floorlaugh: :great:

"Ride Sally, ride" OMG!! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

You know, I really think she is guilty. I've been watching this with my 18 year old daughter, she feels like she could not find her guilty of murder based on the evidence presented. Especially since this is a death case. We have
interesting debates daily. JA & LB are her heroes though.

You mentioned 'since she likes it so much' - I assume you are referring to JB's questions to the guards about ICA's demeanor in jail? (Always smiling and pleasant). Where was the defense going with that??

I think they were trying to make it seem like Casey creates her own reality. That any other person would be stressed and upset about being in protective custody for so long, but that Casey is actually pretty cheerful about the whole thing and doesn't react like normal people do. But yeah, no psych evaluation so I think it's all BS.

I'm surprised that the prosecution didn't bring up two things:

1) The text that Casey Anthony said her car smelled like something had died in it (this is prior to the trash being in it, I believe June 25th). Which proves that the smell was not the result of her putting trash in the trunk. Also she said in the text it might be a dead squirrel.

2) The jailhouse letter that Casey was "just remembering" that her dad might have molested her. If she was so good at lying about Caylee b/c she had lied about the abuse, but she didn't remember any abuse until she got into jail... I don't see how that makes sense.

For a while there I thought the defense was going to state that Casey and her dad thought he was Caylee's father, and that's why they had to cover the whole thing up.

Any ideas for what point the prosecution is going to make with the photos of clothes from Caylee's bedroom?

I have an idea that it has something to do with CA stating that Caylee wore size 3, but the clothes in her drawer were other sizes. This came up during the "drowning" testimony CA gave the other day.

Great screen captures daily from A News Junkie

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6811849#post6811849"]Trial photos *PHOTOS ONLY - NO DISCUSSION* - Page 4 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I must say, I kind of get why so little of JP's cases get overturned. I thought he really gave too many chances to the defense, evern after stating that he wouldn't do so anymore. But yet, he was very very strict with the state. I'm still pissed that JA did not get to show the FBI video while Jose Baez pretty much got away with everything.

Oh my gosh..are you kidding me..And what a record..Battery of someone 65 years or older.
Now, the judge did specify certain charges..Like he asked him if he had ever been arrested for blank blank blank...Maybe that was semantics..I dunno :waitasec:

Okay, I dare the TH's to look at the finger flipper's mug shots and call him a BOY :banghead:

He was cleaned up which makes me wonder if he was at the courthouse for another reason :loser:

My apologies if this has already been addressed. Does anyone think ICA will try to appeal (if she is convicted) based on ineffective counsel? Which I'm sure is a lot more complicated than it sounds...

Definitely. More stage time...

I'm surprised that the prosecution didn't bring up two things:

1) The text that Casey Anthony said her car smelled like something had died in it (this is prior to the trash being in it, I believe June 25th). Which proves that the smell was not the result of her putting trash in the trunk. Also she said in the text it might be a dead squirrel.

2) The jailhouse letter that Casey was "just remembering" that her dad might have molested her. If she was so good at lying about Caylee b/c she had lied about the abuse, but she didn't remember any abuse until she got into jail... I don't see how that makes sense.

For a while there I thought the defense was going to state that Casey and her dad thought he was Caylee's father, and that's why they had to cover the whole thing up.

I thought when they brought Amy up, she was asked about the squirrel text of a conversation regarding a squirrel with KC. Maybe I'm wrong though? Anyone remember?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader