2011.06.30 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty-Two)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What????? Richard Hornsby thinks the Defense scored very big because the jury may now think the duct tape was a burial tool as part of the wrapping process.....
Ummmm - Richard, methinks you were too busy tweeting and not listening....
Always the joker......

i think the duct tape was placed on the deceased after she died. casey wanted to discard of the body but wanted to cover the orifices, possibly out of the morbid thought of bugs entering. also, this may explain the heart sticker over the mouth. i think this was a bad mother who used chloroform on her child to make her sleep, found her dead, and tried desperately to cover it up.

Jumping off your theory. Rather than the duct tape being put on due to bugs, it could have been put on (upon finding her dead) as a way to start the kidnapping story.

I think it's all dramatic effect. I don't believe she'll testify. I honestly believe she's too chicken chit. I could be soooooo wrong, but I just don't see it happening.

As much as I have learned here I am still not very sophisticated in my legal understanding. Could it be that the DT , in part, is keeping the SAs guessing about her testifying to try and keep them "off kilter" and busy ? Probably a dumb idea from me but even if it were true it wouldn't work. Such smart folks. I will miss them ALL. I so enjoy watching intelligent , HONEST minds in action!

I had this conversation with someone the other day and he said 'what if the duct tape was on the bag and animals digging into the bag caused the duct tape to fall over the mouth'. I don't believe that for a minute but just putting it out there.

Exactly. That's what I'm saying about that evidence. No way can anyone say WHERE that duct tape originated. Could have been on the bag, Could have been on the face. SA/ME states animals moved things. How can they say they didn't move the tape.

ETA: Could have even been on the ground.

I agree with you but I'm just pointing out we never know what someone will believe, including the Jurors. This person also listened to Dr. G's testimony.

He made me mad beyond words. :maddening
:

Oh yea like my mail man here at work everyday. He comes up with another thing to pee me off everyday. I had to tell him today I was calling his supervisor for harassement.

:floorlaugh:

They are asking for aquittal again? Jury isn't there for that, right? They will have long lunch today.

In recess until 12:30 EST

I wonder if they are prepping Casey to take the stand?

I wonder if Baez realizes that bringing all this info about the burial of their pets only reinforces the fact that Casey was in the family and knew how the parents and/or vets prepped the pets? Most of us have to learn our behavior/actions from somewhere. This does not make me think that George is the one who buried Caylee. It just makes me think that Casey "knew what to do" when she had the dead body.

The only thing I can say at the moment is the pets at least got a burial. I suppose ICA forgot that part of the ceremony.

RichardHornsby Richard Hornsby @
@UKFirefox1 @TennisLaw You have a lengthy talk to make sure she agrees with decision to testify or not to testify.
5 minutes ago

UKFirefox1 UKFirefox
@RichardHornsby @TennisLaw Sorry me again. If u think client will insist upon taking stand against advice do u still prep them in advance?
6 minutes ago

I think others have mentioned this but I have to say that all I could think about when hearing about those pets was that ICA had done something to them. Especially the two that died so close together (6months). It gave me the creeps.

at this point they probably do not have anything to loose by putting her on the stand since I believe they moved this case to first degree murder during the defense presentation

as the IS th's love to point out

her testifying that bad daddy did it would be their only "proof"

i think she does

55/45% chance with a 10% margin of error

Am I the only person who snickers when those TH's say "the only way the DT can prove what happened is to put ICA on the stand".
Say whaaaat? When did she say anything truthful? I must have missed that...

JB just put the tape, the bag, the blankets in ICA hands. He also made me think that it was ICA's intention to bury her in the yard but almost got caught and that is when she threw Caylee in the trunk for a couple of days then threw her in the swamp.

Oh my one Caylee was found all the A's knew it was her.

Worst move yet for JB he tied it all up in a bow.

Isn't this the truth!

From Walter Pacheco of Orlando Sentinel. Pics will be in official still pool pics on Orlando Sentinel later today. Pics probably by Red Huber, but don't know for sure.

ScorpyoRising 7 mins 59 secs ago
#CaseyAnthony pix during recess beckoning someone over from gallery. Not sure who. Another pix coming soon. http://yfrog.com/kgndienj

scaled.php

ScorpyoRising 4 mins 10 secs ago
Second #CaseyAnthony pix w/guy she beckoned over to defense table. http://yfrog.com/h09pvvzj

scaled.php

AO on Wesh putting forth that this makes the duct tape appear more as packaging than murder weapon. IMO, the SA should have made a point with CA and GA as to whether they wrapped duct tape around the mouth and nose of the deceased pet, or just the bag itself.

Ashton asked CA precisely that. She said "no".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3