2011.06.30 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty-Two)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm listening to Ashton arguing about the smell of the cans. I'm just trying to get to the part of the trial today where GA's suicide note was brought up. Did I go past it?

I think the only thing brought up today about the note was them actually entering it into evidence and publishing it to the jury. No questions asked about it today, I don't believe.

If Ashton had been her Attorney, this would never have gone to trial - it would have been a fast and quiet plea agreement and poof - nothing more from ICA.

Why? You don't think Ashton would represent KC in a trial if he was a defense attorney? This is what I don't trust or understand about attorneys....I wonder no matter what side they are on if they really care about winning or justice.

I have been thinking about this all afternoon, what it is about this case that has me so...I am looking for the right word...hooked? Obsessed? Anxious?

I was pregnant with my son during the Scott Petersen trial, and I watched the whole thing while on bedrest. I really identified with Laci and her unborn child, IIRC a son. I wanted justice in that case so badly, and I was so afraid he would get off. I was relieved when he was found guilty, even more so when he received the DP. But soon after, life went on normally.

But I never got on forums or spoke about that case with anybody. What is it about this case that makes me want to rant, cry, and discuss my feelings like this? I have cried over this in front of my family to the point where they probably think I am nutty.

It's just something about this precious little girl. It's about her joy that just leaps right out at you. When I watch the footage of her, and I think about the probability of the one person who was supposed to protect her and love her above her own wants/desires--even her own life--that THAT person could do this to her, it is beyond all comprehension. And when I watch said person sit there so smug, offering emotion only when what's being said is about HER, it just a makes it all the worse. I am surprised that my tv and iPad have made it this far.

Everyday I pray for justice for Caylee.

I can relate, Cookie. The last saga that I felt this way about was the Peterson trial and I too watched it endlessly, though I didn't have the excuse you did of being in bed! ;-)
For me, this fixation is about two things.
1. Connor Peterson and Caylee Anthony, both innocent souls who should have been allowed to grow up. We somehow feel that if mentally show them the love and care that they didn't get in life, we are somehow protecting them in death and not abandoning them, like others did.
2. Seeing the Perps get their just rewards. We so want to see them get what they deserve and we just can't leave until we see it though to the end. We are worried sick because we don't fully trust our justice system, ie we fear there might be that one OJ type juror.

I think the only thing brought up today about the note was them actually entering it into evidence and publishing it to the jury. No questions asked about it today, I don't believe.

Why would they only publish it to the jury without any discourse?

This is my source, and she's an RN who is a former Gentiva employee who worked in the same area as Cindy and knew people in common with her! I believe Mermaid.

Read Cindy's deposition dated 7/28 (end of page 16 & beginning of page 17). She said she hasn't worked hands on with patients since 2002. She said she had to review all of their (her nurses & therapists) paperwork & submit their care plans to physicians, make sure all the orders were complete and the insurance was billed.

I'm sorry if this has been discussed, but what are your thoughts on the gesture that George makes upon leaving the stand upon looking at ICA.

http://www.wftv.com/video/28408667/index.html (around 14:00)

Local news here mentioned it and I think it's very telling.

Good catch... but that gesture at least in the household I grew up is...that your finish, done with, "washing my hands" of you.

I think it was the exclamation point for the sentiment he made to Jose on his way to the stand, which makes me wonder if defense exhibit FU was always labeled as such...

Lancelot...I missed this. What "sentiment" did GA make to JB?? Do tell pretty please!
:seeya:

I'm sorry if this has been discussed, but what are your thoughts on the gesture that George makes upon leaving the stand upon looking at ICA.

http://www.wftv.com/video/28408667/index.html (around 14:00)

Local news here mentioned it and I think it's very telling.

I think it was the exclamation point for the sentiment he made to Jose on his way to the stand, which makes me wonder if defense exhibit FU was always labeled as such...

H.O.L.Y. Cow! I missed a lot this morning due to a meeting then when I could listen I couldn't really watch as I was doing other things. Wow wow wow. The look GA gave JB on the way to the stand! Love it! And may I say GA is very fit looking. He could take Hosay in a red hot second. And yes the handwashing was quite deliberate. You know, I was fooled by CAs tears so I reserved my opinion on GA, whether he was there for Caylee. But now I know...the trial is o.v.e.r. and GA spoke for Caylee. He really really was there for her. He spoke in his grief he spoke in his suicide note and he spoke in his beatuiful purple shirt and tie today. I am really really really glad there was someone there from Caylee's family for her. And I am sure of it now. God bless George.

I was out all day today and not near a computer screen or television. When I got home, I started trying to find out what went on in court today on all of the media outlets.

Bottom line?

80% of what I could find regarding today's proceedings, for the trial of a mother charged with killing her little 2 year old child, was about a punk shooting a bird in court and some woman claiming she screwed the child's grandfather.

That's sad.

I agree. :banghead:

Are you getting ready to go there? Do you think a verdict will be made on July 4th? :)

I can relate, Cookie. The last saga that I felt this way about was the Peterson trial and I too watched it endlessly, though I didn't have the excuse you did of being in bed! ;-)
1. Connor Peterson and Caylee Anthony, both innocent souls who should have been allowed to grow up. We somehow feel that if mentally show them the love and care that they didn't get in life, we are somehow protecting them in death and not abandoning them, like others did.
2. Seeing the Perps get their just rewards. We so want to see them get what they deserve and we just can't leave until we see it though to the end. We are worried sick because we don't fully trust our justice system, ie we fear there might be that one OJ type juror.

You just explained my feelings perfectly. Thanks was not enough. I do somehow feel protective. When the right verdict and sentence come down, I will be comforted somehow, no it's not enough, but it's something. It's nice knowing you feel that way, too.

I hate Fox News. But I am a Democrat so .....

What is going on tomorrow? Is court scheduled for 9 am? How much rebuttal is left? Anyone know? Or will they start closing statements? I'm off in the morning so something better be going on!

Why would they only publish it to the jury without any discourse?

JMHO but I think JA or LDB are going to reference it in their closing arguments and wanted to have the Jury be a little familiar with it before closings. Once they get the case they will have the document in the Jury room but now they will think about what they read.

I also think that is why they did not go into detail about the size of Caylee's clothes with the rebuttal witness. I think they will bring it home in closings. They will tie it all together and we can all finally see justice for Caylee. It has been like pulling teeth from the Anthonys but the State Attorneys have always been on her side and will not rest until they cross every t and dot every i for Caylee.

I can't tell for sure if it is him or not. But this does remind me, lol, of back in the day when people from time to time would get all freaked out about Cynthia Anthony having a police record, and it would cause a minor stir over and over, when one look at the mugshot clearly showed an African American woman, I believe in her late 20's. Oh, those were the days....

I think they are all the same person. Two of the arrest records have the exact same birth date. The third one does not have the birth date on it but the age at the time of arrest is correct for his current age. It says age at time of arrest was 28 and the arrest date was June 1 of this year.

IMO

THIS. A thousand times, this. You have nailed it. I have not watched a trial in many, many years, and I find myself waking up without the alarm clock, right on time, sleeping fitfully, being uncharacteristically grumpy and depressed, justifying the mounting laundry, etc....this has affected me in so many ways I never thought it would. I feel like my life is on hold, between breaths, and I can only exhale after I know things have been made okay for Caylee.

Please tell me someone else feels this way.

there is no evidence that what they are subpoenaing is critical, important or even relevant. It's like they're saying.."Oh, yeah, well we subpoenaed records too!" The reason the state did was in direct response to what the DT did. Now the DT is requesting July 16th work records for no apparent reason-just because. There is no reason HHJP has to hold the jury up because of this and I think that's what he said.

All I know is that HHJP said, "It is what it is." Whatever that means in this case.

Hi. I think it is horrible that ANYONE makes money off the murder of poor little innocent Caylee. My opinion of course
but it disgusts me this whole circus.

Well you came and you gave without taking
but I sent you away, oh Mandy
well you kissed me and stopped me from shaking
I need you today, oh Mandy............

Thank you, JB. I don't have enough useless crap going on in my head???? I needed this???? Just freakin' thanks....:loser:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay