2011.06.30 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty-Two)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He was arguing the jury getting to smell the cans. The jury was not present. Do you recall who said the jury thought Ashton was angry? The reason I ask is some TH's have an agenda.

Ashton was arguing about the smell of the cans? I don't think that would make someone upset at him at the moment. Maybe it was something he said just before that. I thought the jury was present at the time this guy gave Ashton the finger.

I posted this on another thread, but though I should post on the Sidebar thread also:

Tony Pipitone got the sidebar transcripts from the other day when HHJP asked the DT to explain their theory/strategy. HHJP held the release of that particular transcript until the DT rested their case.

Apparently at sidebar, LDB threatened the DT that if they planned to attack the A family and their characters, that she would consider that fair game for her to present the dozens and dozens of checks that ICA stole and forged on CA's accounts, and others - since the DT had opened that door.

Pipitone said that yesterday, he and other media - and the DT - noticed LDB sitting at her table while testimony was going on, slowly going through a stack of checks - one at a time. He said everyone wondered what she was doing. But the DT obviously knew.

Now that he has the transcript, he thinks she was sending a silent warning to the DT that she WOULD call their bluff.

Have I said today how much I adore LDB? She is one smart cookie and apparently a talented poker player!

I keep checking the WKMG site to see it this is put up in print or video...

:eek: remind me not to get on her bad side!

good move though.

MyFoxOrlando.com spoke with Bartlett’s fiancé after he was kicked out of the courtroom. She told the station that he thought Ashton was going after Anthony too hard and that she wasn’t getting a fair shake in court.

Read more:...BLANK....

Sorry Bud..BUT I dont read anything that FOX says..So wont even venture into their expoits..Geesh In fact I have deleted their link..

I posted this on another thread, but though I should post on the Sidebar thread also:

Tony Pipitone got the sidebar transcripts from the other day when HHJP asked the DT to explain their theory/strategy. HHJP held the release of that particular transcript until the DT rested their case.

Apparently at sidebar, LDB threatened the DT that if they planned to attack the A family and their characters, that she would consider that fair game for her to present the dozens and dozens of checks that ICA stole and forged on CA's accounts, and others - since the DT had opened that door.

Pipitone said that yesterday, he and other media - and the DT - noticed LDB sitting at her table while testimony was going on, slowly going through a stack of checks - one at a time. He said everyone wondered what she was doing. But the DT obviously knew.

Now that he has the transcript, he thinks she was sending a silent warning to the DT that she WOULD call their bluff.

Have I said today how much I adore LDB? She is one smart cookie and apparently a talented poker player!

I love Pipitone too. I've watched him in court. He's like a dog with a bone. If one attorney doesn't answer his question, he turns around and ask another.

Ashton was arguing about the smell of the cans? I don't think that would make someone upset at him at the moment. Maybe it was something he said just before that. I thought the jury was present at the time this guy gave Ashton the finger.

I really thought he might have been part of the RC or KH (whatever she calls herself) gang.
That was the only person today that JA really drove the mac truck over. MOO

I think maybe it was a comment by Jean Cesarez on Nancy Grace. I know it was a news person in the court room that can see the jurors. Whoever it was said the jury doesn't seem to like Ashton because he comes across as angry.

I like JA just fine when it comes to this case. :woohoo:

Anyone think maybe he was giving finger to the camera and public not Ashton and once caught he didn't want to admit that? I saw others bring this up and was just curious what people thought.

I can't see jury disliking Ashton more than Jose who smirks constantly or even Cheney who comes across crotchety. lol

:floorlaugh: No wonder ICA always follows her with her eyes giving LDB that evil look.

Anyone think maybe he was giving finger to the camera and public not Ashton and once caught he didn't want to admit that? I saw others bring this up and was just curious what people thought.

I can't see jury disliking Ashton more than Jose who smirks constantly or even Cheney who comes across crotchety. lol

Who knows what he really meant but in a news article posted in one of the above posts, the article states that his fiance said that he thinks that Ashton is too hard on KC. I guess he's a KC supporter and obviously doesn't like Ashton.

If I was a defense attorney in Orlando I would make sure I had my defense down pretty good before I would want to go up against JA. I would not go into that court like JB has. What was he thinking?

I was out all day today and not near a computer screen or television. When I got home, I started trying to find out what went on in court today on all of the media outlets.

Bottom line?

80% of what I could find regarding today's proceedings, for the trial of a mother charged with killing her little 2 year old child, was about a punk shooting a bird in court and some woman claiming she screwed the child's grandfather.

That's sad.

Who knows what he really meant but in a news article posted in one of the above posts, the article states that his fiance said that he thinks that Ashton is too hard on KC. I guess he's a KC supporter and obviously doesn't like Ashton.

I guess it was a friend of hers in court or he knows someone that's a friend of her. Interesting. TY.

Ashton is the best attorney up there no doubt. The defense has too much competition if you compare them to even just him alone. I like Ashton too. I could see how he may come across as angry though, but I guess he is just so emotional but that's what makes him interesting to watch and listen to. LDB is ok but I can never hardly hear any intensity when she speaks...maybe once I did...I fall asleep when she speaks.

I have been thinking about this all afternoon, what it is about this case that has me so...I am looking for the right word...hooked? Obsessed? Anxious?

I was pregnant with my son during the Scott Petersen trial, and I watched the whole thing while on bedrest. I really identified with Laci and her unborn child, IIRC a son. I wanted justice in that case so badly, and I was so afraid he would get off. I was relieved when he was found guilty, even more so when he received the DP. But soon after, life went on normally.

But I never got on forums or spoke about that case with anybody. What is it about this case that makes me want to rant, cry, and discuss my feelings like this? I have cried over this in front of my family to the point where they probably think I am nutty.

It's just something about this precious little girl. It's about her joy that just leaps right out at you. When I watch the footage of her, and I think about the probability of the one person who was supposed to protect her and love her above her own wants/desires--even her own life--that THAT person could do this to her, it is beyond all comprehension. And when I watch said person sit there so smug, offering emotion only when what's being said is about HER, it just a makes it all the worse. I am surprised that my tv and iPad have made it this far.

Everyday I pray for justice for Caylee.

In reading some sites about "ineffective counsel" where it was granted ( a reversal and a new trial) one caught my eye as something that this defense might actually do...in closing, if the defense refers to the defendant not taking the stand due to the fact that they lie, or tend to lie...that would meet the standards for ineffective counsel-yikes, I could see JB saying something like this.

ETA: Double yikes...another standard showed that the defense attorney must be considered "a reasonably competent attorney"...

Oh Geez - Vinnie standing in for Dr Drew - going to talk to guess who - why Chrystal of course...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member