2011.07.01 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty-Three)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
will the appellate court decide if she gets an appeal?

I know there are several automatic appeals if dp is given but is there a for sure appeal for LWOP or does ot go through a process and get decided?

sometimes I have heard about appeals court modifying a punishment but not retrying.

Yes.

Last night my 4 year old informed me it wasn't time for bed because his toe itches. I scratched his toe. Still itchy? He wanted to wait and see, and can he watch more Scooby?

I love moments like that. Adorable.

Well, from an actual child.

From Baez, not so much.

LOL! Much like my night last night as well.

I have 5 yo twin boys that LOVE LOVE LOVE Scooby Doo!

How on earth do you know this?
I saw it listed somewhere else but I can't find it now,
Doesn't mean anything really... they use tampons as curlers n stuff too.
I do not think she is pregnant but I can see her claiming she is!

You know, because of this trial, if I ever actually meet a chemist, I'm going to burst out laughing, and the poor chemist is going to think I'm crazy.

One of my fellow CERT members is a chemist and he currently works as a delivery driver for UPS because UPS pays more. :crazy:

For all of you lucky people who watch the trial and post while at work...where do you work, Dunder Mifflin? :D

Did anyone find it odd that Ms. Sims was not in the courtroom this morning even though JB said she had a medical issue to deal with this morning. And then JB wants to put a halt to all the SA witnesses coming in.

I think the "medical issue" Ms. Sims had this morning has to with Gentiva :shush: :giggle:

Exactly...I thought he must have lost his ever-lovin mind if he bought into that woman's BS.

I thought it was more about "Let's give them something to talk about".....
wait a minute .....why am I reverting to songs to keep describing what is going on in the trial - think I've hit a brain short circuit or something....:woot:

I'm thinking this is a tactic by JB to delay so that the jury think it's the prosecution have a problem and the jury will blame them

Or hoping against hope that one or more of the jurors will get sick or there will be some other problem with the jurors that will arise and provide cause for mistrial.

JB has taken an inordinate amount of time in this court doing what he did the entire past three years - asking the state to do his work for him and complaining when they didn't. Missing deadlines or flaunting the rules. Filing all kinds of inept motions to cry foul when it was either to cover his own laziness or inexperience or ineptitude.

Since he has had this case, students have entered and graduated law school and some may have been practicing law for an entire year.

Prolonging this trial with his exhaustive and redundant and often pointless direct and cross examinations of witnesses, creating a flurry of sidebars that would seem to be unprecedented in number is a fact that is not lost on this jury, I'd think. I think they are able to imagine that, like the smell that may lurk in the "cans of death", there is a lot of inculpatory information that never even made it their way.

JB's biggest current mistake, imo, is not realizing that the longer the time the jury has to wait to finish this, the shorter the time they may spend deliberating.

The defense can also have a rebuttal, you just know Jose will not pass that up.

I understand that a Surrebuttal does not happen as often and the defense must prove entirely new evidence has been introduced when asking for one.

HHBP tends to make sure the defense gets extra consideration so the appeals court reads this.

But I think pros will try to only rebut and not introduce

:seeya: Long time no see!!

Oh, I've been around, but I've had to do more work so I can continue to catch up and not be caught, and the threads had flown so fast that I've gotten way behind. Two nights this week it took me until midnight or later to catch up on the trial threads!!!! But my boss is not here today, so I will be able to remain caught up and chat more, yay!!!

You know, because of this trial, if I ever actually meet a chemist, I'm going to burst out laughing, and the poor chemist is going to think I'm crazy.

We should all get shirts made stating we are chemists and have a WS logo on the back.

KH sworn statement to LE: It was an emotional affair, we never had sex.

Tabloid: We will give you 4,000$ for your story.

KH: We had sex.

She needs to get off the TV, and they need to stop putting her on these shows!

IMO

She reminds me of JB ..she creates problems for herself and makes things worse trying to lie her way out of it. We should have some Smiles for "Non-Snarky" comments because it was her evil twin sister that supposedly arranged the NE story, but WHO IN THE WORLD would believe there is an evil twin sister... Who is in Jail with ICA as we speak?:waitasec::great:

No one knows which jurors will be alternates - including the jurors. That's the way I understand it anyway.

If memory serves, one of the attorneys on the "legal questions" thread stated that both SA and DT, as well as HHJP know which are the "real" jurors, although the jurors do not know. That's why I've been concerned about the reported eye contact and smiles from JB to juror #4... just sayin.'

YAY! They are back! :woohoo:

:giggle: Ok, not really - I'm just checking to make sure y'all are still awake! :giggle:

Had the day off and get up to see JB has ruined the day yet again. I am sure the jurors are beside themselves and I can't imagine at this point that they are finding it harder and harder not to talk among themselves about this flippin circus. JB is grasping and I have a FEELING that JP will find what JB is stalling about in the report JA has. Then chit will hit the fan. I also wanted to say I cannot believe that KH was on with Vinnie last night. I was shocked he would have had her on the show and she made an even bigger fool of herself. I do not find her at all credible. She likes to giggle just like LA does on the stand. I wish I could read the mind of these jurors and how many of them are blaming all of this stalling on ICA and JB. JMO.

I think the "medical issue" Ms. Sims had this morning has to with Gentiva :shush: :giggle:

Heh heh - if I was her - it would be about Atavan - my own!
I'm pretty sure she has never been involved in a case quite like this.

Wait a minute - has anyone?

I am very disappointed to see KH whining about GA on my tv right now. She is getting the most out of her 15 minutes trying to steal ICA's spotlight. Disgusting, yes KH is disgusting, IMO.

Is she live or is VP just replaying his interview from yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela