2011.07.01 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty-Three)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Baez says to the judge, "The problem is ,sir, "I can't reopen my case". OMG, FGS. Is this the Court's fault? He is constantly complaining. He rested. He chose to rest and now he regrets resting. This man can not let go. We will here him on TV for years. That thought makes blood squirt from my eyes.

He is a very irritating..grrrrr. I wish they would use the Gong Show premise, beat the gong and have a huge monkey hand come in and take him away.

Bill S thinks CA is dangerously close to having actually committed perjury.

My money says the state would never go after the grieving grandmother/mother with a perjury charge for telling lies.

I dunno, I think the grieving grandmother/mother thing went out the door the day it was apparent she was lying to save ICA's backside. At least for me it did.

Do you think KC would have stood a better chance if she had gone with a speedy trial?
Probably. Frankly, I would have plead out upon arrest. 31 days, lying, tattoo, etc. That alone might be enough for a jury to convict. I wouldn't roll the dice.

When finger guy got handcuffed immediately in court I started having some magical thinking....
I had been away from my desk and came back to see this guy standing in the court being questioned. I thought a surprise witness had made a dramatic entrance. Yes, you may at me. :laugh:

Really, I don't think there has been any trustworthy evidence that would defend Casey but, if convicted, there will be an appeal because of JB. His actions have been a humiliation to himself, defiance to the court and in the end unfair to Casey who, like us all, deserves as good a defense as can be mustered up.

Btw, does anyone know if JA is single? :heartluv:

I think it's:

Prosecution opening
Defense opening
Prosecution cic
Defense cic
Prosecution rebuttal
Defense sur rebuttal
Prosecution closing
Defense closing
Prosecution final closing
Jury instructions
Jury deliberation......verdict

Are we saying the same thing and I'm too slow today? ;)

yes, saying same thing

is there a pattern here:

CA lies, even challenges the sa to discover the lie, about her whereabouts: and the truth is easily discoverable.

GA (may have) lied about having sex with an opportunist, and he knew what she was gonna say in court: that he lied.

and then there is the apple: ICA, the master liar.

and none of the parent's lies were necessary.

GA would have been much better off if he had admitted the sex and explained the comment. CA is adding particulars now (maybe I had the wrong day, wrong time...etcetc...but I did the searches). but she might have said that in the beginning.

they seem to lie unnecesssarily, automatically and with GUSTO.

imo

This is from an hour ago.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o14hfgfqxCk"]Judge Issues Indefinite Recess in Anthony Trial[/ame]

Im confused. Baez seems to be "arguing" with HHJP about some things and Im a doofus or sleep deprived, but I dont understand what Baez is driving at (dangling preposition)

What is Baez's beef and or beefs?

tia

I cannot post here the vulgar words that came out of my mouth after deciding to turn the tv back on after a couple of hours and there was KH.

I can't believe the airtime given to her today, it is repulsing!!

I'm confused about Crystal..I thought I read on here that she is not a twin and on interview with Vinnie this morning she said she is an identical twin:crazy:

Rushing a Capital Murder trial for the sake of the jury's convenience is not a tenet of the US System of Justice. To do so is flat out grounds for mistrial in my opinion. My wife sat on a Capital Murder trial for 4 weeks. When it began, they were told "You'll be here until we are finished... this is a serious matter." This is the type of stuff (IMOO) that is fodder for an overturn on appeal. jmoo

I don't feel for one second HJBP is trying to rush the trial along.

The DT has tried stalling by bringing up ridiculous objections, not doing their homework, not to mention violating numerous court orders.

They have had THREE, let me say it again, THREE years to prepare for this case. JB also has numerous seasoned attorneys as well as a number of interns which could have helped him. He chose to try and be a superstar.

WOW Schaeffer just said he still thinks they will come back with a 1st degree murder.

After listening to RC/KH yesterday and last night and today on television. I think after this is over I'm taking a long vacation to the Virgin Islands and taking the reconstituted virgin ceremony.

Just Sayin...

Lurker, first time poster

I think the whole defence case has been to try GA and not to defend ICA. I believe they chose this option as they have had a disclosure from their client as to what really took place (in her mind) and it's not a plausible story so they went with this one. That's why no time spent defending her! IMO

When finger guy got handcuffed immediately in court I started having some magical thinking....

will we actually see ICA get handcuffed like that when a guilty verdict comes in?

oh I want see that.....
I wondered that myself. I think they will cuff her immediately. Seems they would consider her more dangerous or more of a risk since she's just been found guilty. No longer presumed innocent should make a person more dangerous in their eyes.

Rushing a Capital Murder trial for the sake of the jury's convenience is not a tenet of the US System of Justice. To do so is flat out grounds for mistrial in my opinion. My wife sat on a Capital Murder trial for 4 weeks. When it began, they were told "You'll be here until we are finished... this is a serious matter." This is the type of stuff (IMOO) that is fodder for an overturn on appeal. jmoo

This morning, Judge Perry told both sides, "Take as much time as you need".
How is that rushing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member