2011.07.01 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty-Three)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Baez is upset as he is now entering his 14th minute of fame and he isn't ready for it to be over~so, he wants to s.t.a.l.l. a.s. m.u.c.h. a.s.
p.o.s.s.i.b.l.e.

Judging by the way HHBP has handled the wayward woman during jury selection and the finger waving Fridays server, he won't put up with any shenanigans from Jose Baez much longer.
I think he should be sent back for a refresher course in trial procedure. :rocker:

WFTV guy just said they have part of a sidebar transcript saying 'hey guys, you haven't proven the case yet' ????????? Anyone know about this?

It SHOULD only take a couple of hours but I'm sure JB will drag it out. I have a feeling that however long they take HHJP is going to add to the end of the workday.

I really don't think he'll be allowed to drag it out. One of the SAs is allowed to be present at the depo and will keep it to the point I hope. What happened with the computer records? Is he allowed some imaginary expert to suddenly get access to Gentivas records? I would hope the majority of CAs emails were patient related and subject to confidentiality. I missed that or is JB doing everyones depo this morning. lololol!!

I just relistened and it sounds to me like JB better be right about needing this time because HH is going to be quite upset if this is an imaginary problem

Oh My God WHEN WILL THIS FINALLY END!!!!! JB reminds me of a spoiled child thinking they can just wear down the parent and get what they want. He has no CLUE what a rebuttal is. He seriously thinks the SA is putting on a NEW CASE. I'm not even lawyer and I understand the difference!!!! And what GALL he has. Did he really think the SA wasn't going to question what some of the defense witnesses said on the stand? OMG! I don't know if he's just so egotistical that he can't see past his own gigantic head or if he's the dumbest lawyer on the planet!!!!

I. WANT. A. DANG. VERDICT!!!!!! GAH!!!!!! And the jury has to have to figured out by now just WHO is causing all of these dang delays! I could just pull my hair out! Seriously!

As the judge said, what did he exclude? The defense has had years with some of this information and defied the judges orders about the reports over and over again. Knowing that it would penalize Casey for something her lawyers did, the judge did NOT exclude it, but did give the PT time to take additional depos.

He is offering JB the exact same remedy. Unfortunately, JB wants it out, he does not want to take depos b/c he knows there is no fixing this. Cindy lied, Dr. Spitz went too far calling Dr. G's work shoddy.

As the judge said, it should be NO SURPRISE to anyone that the PT would ask someone at Gentiva about Cindy being at work when she flat out lied and made stuff up about her timecards not really being accurate. That's what the rebuttal is for. JB has a lot of nerve talking about getting a computer expert to look at this when he used those records and they stipulated that they were accurate.

It should be NO SURPRISE to anyone that the state would call a witness to defend not opening the skull. And to question this Dr.'s qualifications is laughable. The state only had one pathologist on the witness list, and it would look like she was trying to cover up a mistake if Dr. G testified about it. So they are calling an unbiased, highly qualified expert to inform the jury about the procedure.

As for the saline wash of the skull, that was in the report, they are just going to rebut Dr. Spitz's assertion that it is brain matter.

I think the judge has done an excellent job of bending over backwards to be more than fair. It might not be "equal" for the state, but he is guarding Casey's rights to such a degree that this will never be overturned. He knows that her lawyers are certainly not doing it! And he can't force her to have a better lawyer, so he has to look out for her.

It is frustrating to see JA get blasted for the same crap JB gets away with, but I know in the long run it is in the interest of justice.

Great post.. And as I said previously that this expert is only there to rebut the DT expert Dr Spitz about opening the skull during exam. And there was nothing organic in the skull. Like Dr Spitz said he thought it was brain matter and the SA questioned if it could be dirt/mud from being in the conditions it was in.

Bill Sheaffer saying Cindy is getting dangerously close to a perjury charge and successful prosecution against her, but her medicine excuse is one "out"--she's close but not there yet, in his opinion.
I would agree as someone posted upthread that he's the most unbiased of the talking heads.

I trust the lawyers here though far more than any of the talking heads. None of them are here for ratings, $$$, or promotion.

Were people surprised when Scott Peterson got Death???

I grew up in Lawtey (about a mile from FSP) and my dad worked at the State Prison for 20 years. In that time, he obviously was exposed to virtually every prisoner held there, including those on death row. I remember him having to stay overnight at work and when I asked about it, my mom said, "He has to stay with an inmate. He'll be tired when he gets home." I later found out that he was Bundy's "Death Sergeant" and was assigned to spend the last 24 hours of Bundy's life with Bundy, so that he couldn't kill himself before the state got the chance. He's talked about Bundy freely (but not about the actual execution, other than to say, "It was quick."). He has said over and over that Bundy was really smart, seemed nice, charming, and they talked about a wide range of topics (politics, taxes, education, books, etc.) and that if you didn't know who/what he was, you could see yourself easily becoming his friend. I asked my dad a little about what he thought about KC (and compare her to TB), and he said "She thinks she's smarter than she is, which is the opposite of Bundy. He was exactly as smart as he thought he was. She would be better off playing nice to the jury, instead of throwing the dark looks, sneers, and pouts.
:seeya: Hi Neighbor!!

Bill Sheaffer saying Cindy is getting dangerously close to a perjury charge and successful prosecution against her, but her medicine excuse is one "out"--she's close but not there yet, in his opinion.

Every liar who gets on the stand has some excuse though...

HHJP said he was going to give them tomorrow to prepare closing arg's. He was going to give them a day off to do so...not now w/ JB's antics.:twocents:

I cannot imagine him actually doing any preparation for his Closing. I believe he will just wing it, and pull it out of his behind, just as he did for his Opening Statement.

Useless.

:loser: :loser: :loser:

Is there any video anywhere that I can watch what happened this morning, I am just tuning it and saw that there is indefinate recess.

National Enquirer is supposed to do a story on ICA.
She is tellimg inmates she is pregnant thinking will save her from the DP! She is tying her shirt to show the jury her "pseudo" aby bunp!
I think that's why she got a mental health eval.

Maybe that is why JB had the guards come in to testify to ICA's demeanor in jail.

I don't know how legal this is, but I would hope that if it's found to be an "imaginary problem," our dear HHJP will fine Mr. Baez for the amount of all costs associated with the period of delay. This may be food for the jurors, transportation of them and ICA, the pay of the deputies guarding ICA at the courthouse, etc.

I cannot tell if I'm surprised or not by this. I do know that I have a lot to say about it, and this isn't the forum. :innocent:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hulet