2011.07.02 Sidebar Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL Same thing I said when my family and friends started in on me about watching it daily. My daughter was making fun tonight telling about it being on every tv in my house and how when it goes to comercials on tv I blast the computer.
I've been waiting for 3 years for this I'm not going to miss it. I told everyone tonight that if the verdict comes in on the 4th I'll be sitting in front of the tv and computer watching it.

I know. Weird timing having the CS's on a Sunday. That is 'family day' where we guilt our 23 and 19 yr old to come and hang out with us. So usually they bring their laundry and steal our groceries, but they do show up. This afternoon I told them that I was watching the trial so I convinced them all to go to lunch and then to the movies together. They are laughing at me but who cares.lol

LOL Same thing I said when my family and friends started in on me about watching it daily. My daughter was making fun tonight telling about it being on every tv in my house and how when it goes to comercials on tv I blast the computer.
I've been waiting for 3 years for this I'm not going to miss it. I told everyone tonight that if the verdict comes in on the 4th I'll be sitting in front of the tv and computer watching it.

I live on the west coast, so that means getting up @ 5:30 AM...I set the DVR to record in case I oversleep. We have been invited to a barbeque tomorrow and will leave before they are finished. Guess I will need to DVR the end, although I am sure they will repeat it. We do have Sirius Radio, so during the hour drive I can listen. Here it is almost midnight and I am here. Thinking positive thoughts for Gaylee.

That is a very serious allegation (& stupid coming from an atty) cos every legal TH I've heard has said that the defense is absolutely NOT allowed to come up with a fabricated story on their own..Anything they put on must come from the CLIENT & only them.

When called on it I'm not surprised Lippman backtracked & put the blame on the As but he never should've gone there at all..CA (especially) is in enough trouble with perjury why look for any more?

Bill S. suggested pretty much the same thing or at least ICA hinted at it and Baez ran with it as a good story even though he probably knew it was not true.

I live on the west coast, so that means getting up @ 5:30 AM...I set the DVR to record in case I oversleep. We have been invited to a barbeque tomorrow and will leave before they are finished. Guess I will need to DVR the end, although I am sure they will repeat it. We do have Sirius Radio, so during the hour drive I can listen. Here it is almost midnight and I am here. Thinking positive thoughts for Gaylee.

Me too - why are we still up? LOL! :banghead:

That is a very serious allegation (& stupid coming from an atty) cos every legal TH I've heard has said that the defense is absolutely NOT allowed to come up with a fabricated story on their own..Anything they put on must come from the CLIENT & only them.

When called on it I'm not surprised Lippman backtracked & put the blame on the As but he never should've gone there at all..CA (especially) is in enough trouble with perjury why look for any more?

I saw another WS member mention the same thing on a different thread a little while ago that I said above on my post and they remembered it basically the same as I did. They also remembered it being on Greta's show. So..made me feel better that I did hear what I thought I heard.

Me too! Alarm is set for 3. Usually I get up at 6am and they are on their lunch break!! Aloha SA! :seeya:

They combined will last at least eight hours. Three hours each and an hour or so for the States rebuttal at the end.

Hang On or nap now while you can!

They combined will last at least eight hours. Three hours each and an hour or so for the States rebuttal at the end.

Hang On or nap now while you can!

Does the state go first on closing arguments?

She expected him to lie on the stand and say she did not know or send Dom Casey to search the woods. Lee heard his parents discussing that she was going to lie because she did know.
Lee testified that she apparently did/know or send, and discussed the conversation.

I believe Lee was so angry he made an appointment with BAez just as the trial was starting, and ripped such a big strip off of him Baez didn't have the courage to suggest abuse to Lee when he was on the stand.

You will remember, CA testified last week she did not send/know Dom searched the woods. Lee was angry that she would lie on the stand and lied in the fall in 2008 when CA told him she was searching for a live Caylee when she obviously knew DomCasey was searching for a body. It was the betrayal - again.

I still don't understand Lee's testimony. He said they had their argument in October but DCasey and Hoover didn't go to the site until November. How did Lee confront Cindy about sending "her people" to search that spot when they hadn't even been here yet?

We've been told each side gets "4 hrs" total..I can see the state using that much time but the defense? No way!

Maybe LKB is giving Baez a hand writing it. She knows how to fill the time...:innocent:

The state has the first 3 hours. Then , probably after lunch recess, the DT has 4 hours available to them. [ I doubt they can fill 4 hours with anything meaningful though.] Then the state has one more hour for rebuttal. I think LDB is doing the first 3 hours and JA is doing the rebuttal.

They each have 4 hours. The state goes first using however much of that they want to use (saving some for their rebuttal). Then the defense goes next with their 4 hours. Then the state uses up what they saved of their 4 hours for their rebuttal. - So all in all - 8 hours for closing arguments.

During the state's first portion they can have more than one attorney give parts of the closing (i.e. LDB and JA can tag team). Same thing for he defense.

Then on state rebuttal, they can only have one give the argument.

The state has the first 3 hours. Then , probably after lunch recess, the DT has 4 hours available to them. [ I doubt they can fill 4 hours with anything meaningful though.] Then the state has one more hour for rebuttal. I think LDB is doing the first 3 hours and JA is doing the rebuttal.

I have a feeling JB is practicing his theatrics in a mirror about now!

I still don't understand Lee's testimony. He said they had their argument in October but DCasey and Hoover didn't go to the site until November. How did Lee confront Cindy about sending "her people" to search that spot when they hadn't even been here yet?

Apparently they had a discussion in October that Dom Casey was going to search the woods looking for Caylee's body. Just adding this as a thought, maybe CA told Lee they were working with a psychic to find Caylee's body...???

They had the argument because Lee was angry that he had been doing everything he could to find a live Caylee, including working with the LE, fending off the media etc because he believed the "family" believed Caylee was out there some place - Alive. Now he finds out they are looking for a body. Very PO'd that again the family is keeping things from him again.

So at the beginning of the trial, I guess Baez talked to CA about saying she DID NOT know Dom Casey was going to search or had searched the woods. Lee overheard or was part of a conversation that CA said she was going to say that, and I guess she wanted Lee to support her in that statement.

Lee got angry all over again and said he would not lie and went to speak to Baez and tell him that. (That's what JA was complaining about - that Lee talked to the defense just before the trial but would not talk to the SA) (and Lee said he did not "meet" with the defense before the trial, he called to ask "one question")

I have a feeling JB is practicing his theatrics in a mirror about now!

Oh, you know it. And I bet he doesn't share the limelight tomorrow either. Even though Mason did a pretty good impassioned speech to the judge on Friday in his motion to acquit. But I bet Baez hogs all the time for himself.lol

Apparently they had a discussion in October that Dom Casey was going to search the woods looking for Caylee's body.

They had the argument because Lee was angry that he had been doing everything he could to find a live Caylee, including working with the LE, fending off the media etc because he believed the "family" believed Caylee was out there some place - Alive. Now he finds out they are looking for a body. Very PO'd that again the family is keeping things from him again.

So at the beginning of the trial, I guess Baez talked to CA about saying she DID NOT know Dom Casey was going to search or had searched the woods. Lee overheard or was part of a conversation that CA said she was going to say that, and I guess she wanted Lee to support her in that statement.

Lee got angry all over again and said he would not lie and went to speak to Baez and tell him that. (That's what JA was complaining about - that Lee talked to the defense just before the trial but would not talk to the SA) (and Lee said he did not "meet" with the defense before the trial, he called to ask "one question")

Ahhh. thanks.

Well, I believe and will not be convinced otherwise that Baez and Lee talked about more than his ONE question. I am convinced that Baez was expecting a totally different answer about why he was upset and did not go to the hospital when Caylee was born. He asked that question once, didn't get the answer he was expecting. Asked it again a different way, JA objected, sidebar, Lee crying, Sidebar over - JB asked it again, with a warning from HHJP that it only called for a yes/no answer and after a few pregnant(no pun intended) seconds, Lee said no. JB looked deflated, went to ask CM something, then said no further questions. I do completely believe he was expected a bombshell answer and I suspect it was supposed to be something about George.

I watch him and am sometimes afraid he will go to do his "cool" leaning thing on the podium and miss it....LOL

:floorlaugh: I have the exact same thought. or one of his neck twitches that will throw him off his balance.

Ahhh. thanks.

Well, I believe and will not be convinced otherwise that Baez and Lee talked about more than his ONE question. I am convinced that Baez was expecting a totally different answer about why he was upset and did not go to the hospital when Caylee was born. He asked that question once, didn't get the answer he was expecting. Asked it again a different way, JA objected, sidebar, Lee crying, Sidebar over - JB asked it again, with a warning from HHJP that it only called for a yes/no answer and after a few pregnant(no pun intended) seconds, Lee said no. JB looked deflated, went to ask CM something, then said no further questions. I do completely believe he was expected a bombshell answer and I suspect it was supposed to be something about George.

I don't believe that. I think and Lee stated in the jailhouse videos that he thought Baez was in this case for himself - and I can't think of anything Baez has done to convince Lee that isn't true in the last three years. In fact I think Baez has done everything to justify that statement.

Lee hates Baez. He knows his sister lies. And he knows now she is guilty.

:floorlaugh: I have the exact same thought. or one of his neck twitches that will throw him off his balance.

Or one causing the other!!! :great: :floorlaugh: :great: Some times those neck adjustments are going so fast I find my self humming la coocaratcha, lacoocaratcha....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
youngluteplayer