2011.07.03 Defense (CM) Closing Arguments #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CM, I thought you knew. The stopping of Caylee's breath with duct tape was the act.

I thought CM was going to be much more impressive than this

I think this is a better act for LDB to follow though

Pinching myself to stay awake... what is he saying, why is he saying it?

He left me behind after the elephant. I was hoping he was going to continue with a zoological theme, for at least there would be something of interest to work with.

Well, I can't speak to the depends, but the nicer the suit, the less it will wrinkle (there are exceptions, but...)

I was thinking it was something more along the lines of the "Pajama Jeans" they're constantly advertising on HLN. Who knows, though. LOL

Did he just say have fun reading the instructions to the jury?

I know, I know. I am not 100% convinced that Casey committed pre-meditated murder. That was the weakest part of the state case IMO + the lack of info on time/cause of death. They made reasonable arguments as to why Casey didn't plan this ahead of time. If I understood the TH the jury doesnt need to all agree that it was 1st degree premeditated murder but that they all just need to agree it was 1st degree premeditated or felony murder. After all of this I'm more inclined to believe Casey drugged Caylee so she could go party, she used too much and Caylee died. So if Caylee died because of that, it would encompass the felony child abuse charge. So that would be 1st degree felony murder, right? If I'm understanding that correctly I think the chances of 1st degree are pretty high. Never can tell and everything else in this trial has been off the wall.

CM, please don't talk about computers. Ever. The cops yelled at Casey in a tiny room. Yeah, I'm sure the jury is oozing sympathy.

my bolding
you are correct, in FL capital murder comprises not just premediated but also a murder that occured during commission of a felony - in this case, aggravated child abuse.

I was a juror and by the time closing statements were made, we'd all made up our minds, except one lady - and we got onto our side. CM is talking to that one lady.

I have to agree that CM is doing a masterfull job of regurgitating what any good Def. Attny would do ( given he has no other option)///However, He does not bother to bring to light the mear fact that Kc's little 2 and half year old daughter was missing and kidnapped..humm but..what else can he do..He is only doing what he can given the FACTS:crazy:

That seemed rather flippant. "Oh yeah sure. Caylee Marie Anthony is dead. Real Tragedy." He practically added "yadda yadda yadda".

I still don't understand why judge is letting him do charges. JP should have been the 1 to do them.

So just to confirm, after CM there's the LDB's rebuttal? And that could go over 2.5 hours?

Are these people getting dinner catered? I forget if one of the jurors was diabetic, if so, aren't there blood sugar issues about skipping (or seriously delaying) meals and blood sugar levels?

the judge will instruct them that her not testifying is not for them to consider, and they are not to use it during deliberations, so defence really does not need to waste time on this

Long day at work, and I come home, run to my computer, and find CM up... I'm tired but don't need a nap, thanks. Seriously, though, I need to go back and read a ton, and can't wait for LDB! That'll wake me up! From what I read on my phone, JA's closing was amazing, gonna go look for it. Hoping and praying for justice for our little angel <3

Psssssh, no one said she was doting.

The cops yelled at Casey in a tiny room. Yeah, I'm sure the jury is oozing sympathy.

Yeah. And after they had given her multiple opportunities to change her story. THAT is the problem with this theory and this closing statement. She could have told the "truth" at any time and the detectives let her know that they would help her "explain" it in court.

I think we have entered "The Outer Limits" now.

Are the bugs talking to us, did they take over?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove