2011.07.03 Sidebar Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JB keeps saying there was no evidence of physical abuse, but he says nothing about neglect and just not wanting to be with her adorable princess, Caylee Marie Anthony.
She avoided and resented spending time with Caylee. That is evident.

In two parts, here is Jeff Ashton's closing argument:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCeRedsJsBY"]Closing 1[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbi3mID1mX8"]Closing 2[/ame]

As an aside, I just wish the jury knew had badly Casey stole from everyone. Period. The lying and the stealing, the stealing especially for me, shows she has zero remorse for her grifting ways.

JVM is telling us what JA should have done. Is she an attorney or just pretends she is one.

Baez is nasty in his CS ......I wonder if the jury is turned off by that

waiting is going to be so hard....I have heard the heads guessing anywhere from 4 hours to 40 hours of deliberation.

Even abused children love their mothers so his continued assertions that ICA was a good mother and there is no evidence of abuse because Caylee loved her mother is not necessary going to sway anyone.

Overlooking the passage in Exodus that has the phrase "Thou shalt not lie"

What was that? Oh yeah - THE TEN COMMANDMENTS!

What about the Thou shall not KILL?

As an aside, I just wish the jury knew had badly Casey stole from everyone. Period. The lying and the stealing, the stealing especially for me, shows she has zero remorse for her grifting ways.

Penalty phase will bring all this out in all its glory. mo :rocker:

A couple things stood out to me from JB's closing so far. He's already already referred to the state getting the last word and he won't have a chance to respond. It seems to me if he had an adequate defense he wouldn't be so worried about the state's rebuttal.

Also the number of times he said, "I think", "we think" ... referring to what the evidence shows. I'm no lawyer but I think you should make definitive statements in your final statements to the jury.

Finally, the idea of parading the images of Caylee, this beautiful, sweet, innocent child. Ummmmm .... Caylee is dead. CAYLEE IS THE VICTIM. It just reminds me why we are here now.

All JMO. (this is the first time I've really gotten to see JB at work & I am shocked)

bbm
There is a "bloopers" thread on the main page.. you'll see lots more!

JVM is telling us what JA should have done. Is she an attorney or just pretends she is one.

Baez is nasty in his CS ......I wonder if the jury is turned off by that

She isn't an attorney :)

what do you think baez is saying to the rest of the defense team?

how'd i do?
did i look good?
do you think the jury liked me?
the jury thinks i am funny and cute, don't they?
was my pocket square straight?
should i open the afternoon with a joke? or go for the young earnest attorney look?

"Look, guys, I got this. I'll just take it on home to the finish line. Just sit back and enjoy the show."

I wonder if they will go as long as it takes. I can't see the judge wanting to not get this case to deliberations today.

WFTV still has the ICA cam on.... they must know JB is so boring they'll lose viewers. Cam on whatever is happening in the hallway :floorlaugh:

http://www.wftv.com/caseytriallive2/index.html

I think they will go back and forth till JB has the last word lol

Bill S says alternates will stay in hotel while top 12 deliberate.

waiting is going to be so hard....I have heard the heads guessing anywhere from 4 hours to 40 hours of deliberation.
Unless the defense argument suddenly gains traction, the deliberations are likely to be short.

VP bringing up a good point that JB said in his opening that Caylee drowned. Now he is saying there is no evidence of how she died.

Even abused children love their mothers so his continued assertions that ICA was a good mother and there is no evidence of abuse because Caylee loved her mother is not necessary going to sway anyone.

As far at these friends judging whether or not she was a good mother, they saw her what? 3 times max with Caylee on a limited basis? That's the equivalent of running into somebody at the mall.....with their kid....you can't possibly judge someone in that length of time. And ICA only showed them what she wanted them to see...You can bet they never saw the "if I had duct tape right now I would wrap you like a mummy Jeff Ashton" look.:floorlaugh:

Anyone think the DT's strategy is to make the jury feel sorry for ICA because she has such a bad, discombobulated attorney?

They can't be home for the 4th, they are sequestered till after the sentencing phase...
I thought I saw posted last night that the judge mentioned something about sending them home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlowersInBloom