2011.07.03 TRIAL Day Thirty-four - DEFENSE (JB) CLOSING ARGUMENTS

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LDB will be such a breath of fresh air....unless I have rammed a screwdriver into my ear before then

All I know is I didn't feel emotionally crazy during the State's Closing. JB is making me sick inside. It's all blending into some loud whining righteous blah, blah, blah.

I keep remembering something my old debate instructor once said. As soon as you begin to lose focus on the topic of the debate and begin to personally attack those your debating with is the moment you lose.

How many times have the state objected during this closing and been sustained vs how many times did Baez object and was overruled. He's hit my moment of "you lose".

I can't wait til LDB gets to "the quality of their case" when she gets up.

So HE can make fun of the state? WTH Judge?

Did I just hear Baez speaking like Oscar the Grouch from Sesame St?

Does JB even realize how many enemies he's making in the justice system right now???

To be honest, I wasn't expecting much from JB in the closing obviously, but in the first part before the lunch break, I was actually impressed and agreeing with him on several points. And thinking, you know I may think she totally murdered her daughter and deserves to die, but he is actually bringing out important points for the reasonable doubt argument that a good defense attorney SHOULD point out. So I was like, ok not bad, he's actually being a lawyer right now. But...I think he got too many compliments from his team during lunch and decided to go wayyyyyy further than he needed to, and now he's gone completely off the rails. Fantasies!!! Conspiring experts! Vass is not a chemist! and he's off and running. Kind of like when you meet a delusional mentally ill person you don't know is in the midst of a delusion, and at first what they are saying makes sense and rational, and then the UFO abductions and conspiracy theories come out (when I was working on a legal intake line this would happen regularly) and you're like "ok WHOA, that was not where I was expecting that conversation to go."

I think the jury is thinking the same thing. He had them BEFORE lunch. He went over the line and I don't think they are going to go with him.

Did he just say the state had a 'desire for blood'? Really? To me he is showing no respect for the victim in this.

please tell me the jury sees that all these theatrics mean that he is running on empty
It was mentioned on Twitter that he has their attention. Well he has mine too! I cannot wait for him to shut up! :floorlaugh:

Are we there yet? :crazy:

I am trying to be objective to protect myself mentally if the juror goes batt-**** crazy and says she is innocent (I want to be able to figure out where they went wrong and what lie they believed).....

so

I think JB scored a point with the myspace, then the chloroform search etc.

but

thankfully the SA doesn't say that's what killed her so it's not all that important.

This family lies per Baez....guess he fits right in

When this is all over.....Maybe the Anthonys will adopt him. Then they can hear the pitter-patter of little feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy