2011.07.04 Verdict Watch 12:15 pm How long will the jury deliberate?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

How long do you think the jury will deliberate?

• <1 hour

Votes: 17 1.6%
  • 1/2 day

Votes: 132 12.2%
  • 1 day

Votes: 173 16.0%
  • 2 days

Votes: 321 29.8%
  • 3 days

Votes: 226 21.0%
  • 4 days

Votes: 100 9.3%
  • 5 days

Votes: 51 4.7%
  • 6 days

Votes: 16 1.5%
  • 7 days

Votes: 10 0.9%
  • >1 week

Votes: 60 5.6%
  • the original 12 will remain in place

Votes: 105 9.7%
  • some of the alternates will shift into juror seats

Votes: 73 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's a juror "holding out" necessarily, but that they have a lot to wade through. I don't think any one of them wants to feel that they may be wrong if/when they convict ICA of first degree murder - since death may be on the agenda.

Did SA addressed the computer searches in their closing?
No, they were saying on In Session that there was a huge problem with them, because the 84 times was for MySpace, and NOT chloroform searches, and Baez pointed it out as nearly a fabrication. They could not use them in the closing without opening the door to an appeal. ETA: Do not think in the long run it was really necessary; closing was strong without the searches.

I thought it would probally be two days. I know think it should be much sooner as in TODAY. After LDB I thought it was crystal clear.

I am so much hoping any minute but I dont think that will happen.
It is making me nervous that they are still not back... I keep thinking in my mind there will be one or two that will just refuse to believe a mother could do this.

I thought it would probally be two days. I know think it should be much sooner as in TODAY. After LDB I thought it was crystal clear.

I am so much hoping any minute but I dont think that will happen.
It is making me nervous that they are still not back... I keep thinking in my mind there will be one or two that will just refuse to believe a mother could do this.
Bear in mind, it may have taken awhile to pick the foreman and to organize notes and have lunch.

Will Judge Perry bring the jury into the court room to dismiss them tonight if no verdict is reached? Or will he just dismiss them outside of court and we will only hear of it.

I don't think it's a juror "holding out" necessarily, but that they have a lot to wade through. I don't think any one of them wants to feel that they may be wrong if/when they convict ICA of first degree murder - since death may be on the agenda.

That's exactly how I feel also. If it were me on that jury, my mind would be made up....guilty on all charges....but I think they owe it to the court to be thorough and make sure there is nothing they missed, so I can see them wading through everything and kind of saying okay...on the issue of the duct tape...here's what the defense presented, here's what the prosecution presented...is there any reasonable doubt there? No...okay moving on. I can see things going that way because like you said, death is on the agenda. I actually do not believe in the death penalty, but this case has actually made me question that after hearing how "pleasant" ICA is in jail. Maybe prison will be a different ballgame though. Either way, I just hope that she isn't allowed to get a college degree, get married, etc. because her precious daughter will NEVER have that chance and she certainly shouldn't. Oooh I get mad just thinking about it.

Will Judge Perry bring the jury into the court room to dismiss them tonight if no verdict is reached? Or will he just dismiss them outside of court and we will only hear of it.
They said he will bring them in the court room.

I think the jury will return a verdict by close of business tomorrow, so I voted "one day".

Justice for Caylee!

So if we hear at 6:00 PM that the jurors will be deliberating longer, does that mean we'll probably get a verdict tonight?

So if we hear at 6:00 PM that the jurors will be deliberating longer, does that mean we'll probably get a verdict tonight?
You mean if they ask for an extension? Probably...that would be great. If they stop at 6, then I guess it would be some time tomorrow hopefully.

Most likely. HHJP said he will let them deliberate longer if they feel they are close.

You mean if they ask for an extension? Probably...that would be great. If they stop at 6, then I guess it would be some time tomorrow hopefully.

Yeah, that's what I meant. I figure that if they decided to deliberate longer today, instead of waiting until tomorrow, it probably means that they are very close to reaching a verdict, and just need some more time to put the finishing touches on everything.

Yeah, that's what I meant. I figure that if they decided to deliberate longer today, instead of waiting until tomorrow, it probably means that they are very close to reaching a verdict, and just need some more time to put the finishing touches on everything.
I sure hope this is how it goes, the waiting is very hard.....

HLN is running a verdict watch too- BK,JVM and Vinnie all commentating. I guess they think a verdict will come quickly or will they keep broadcasting for days...?

Most likely. HHJP said he will let them deliberate longer if they feel they are close.

Thanks for this clarification. I was actually shocked and disappointed when I heard that HHJP was only going to let them go until 6 because I thought they would be allowed to go as long as they wanted until they got tired. Especially with it being a holiday and them wanting to get the heck outta there. If it were me I would wanna go until I couldn't hold my eyes open. The jury has really been through a lot....think of all the sidebars and stalling from the DT they have had to endure....whew....:truce:

HLN is running a verdict watch too- BK,JVM and Vinnie all commentating. I guess they think a verdict will come quickly or will they keep broadcasting for days...?

Oh I have no doubt they will broadcast for days because they have everyone tuned in waiting to hear when the verdict comes and these tv stations are probably making bank off of ratings, even if they say the same things over and over for the next however many days while we wait.

ETA- They are also gonna act like it's going to come any minute to keep us all tuned in to their station, whether they believe it or not. It makes for good TV to do that.

It seems like we aren't going to get one tonight. :( I am going crazy!

Thanks for this clarification. I was actually shocked and disappointed when I heard that HHJP was only going to let them go until 6 because I thought they would be allowed to go as long as they wanted until they got tired. Especially with it being a holiday and them wanting to get the heck outta there. If it were me I would wanna go until I couldn't hold my eyes open. The jury has really been through a lot....think of all the sidebars and stalling from the DT they have had to endure....whew....:truce:
I thought he would,too, but I am thinking he probably wants the court staff and attorneys to be able to enjoy the rest of the holiday with their families.

So for allll those Photobucket images that were stipulated to... will the jury just have to fall over them on the evidence tables to discover them?? To me that is such a key element... all those pictures and sayings.... does anyone know HOW the jury will see those pictures?? Is it pointed out somehow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader