2011.07.04 Verdict Watch 12:15 pm How long will the jury deliberate?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

How long do you think the jury will deliberate?

• <1 hour

Votes: 17 1.6%
  • 1/2 day

Votes: 132 12.2%
  • 1 day

Votes: 173 16.0%
  • 2 days

Votes: 321 29.8%
  • 3 days

Votes: 226 21.0%
  • 4 days

Votes: 100 9.3%
  • 5 days

Votes: 51 4.7%
  • 6 days

Votes: 16 1.5%
  • 7 days

Votes: 10 0.9%
  • >1 week

Votes: 60 5.6%
  • the original 12 will remain in place

Votes: 105 9.7%
  • some of the alternates will shift into juror seats

Votes: 73 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
After our guests had left yesterday, DH and I discussed when the verdict might be rendered as we cleaned up the kitchen. DH thinks that the jury will have made their decision by tomorrow evening but will "sleep on it", and notify the judge on Wednesday morning. Verdict will be announced at the start of the day - maybe 9:00 on Thursday. Sounds about right to me; I voted for three days on the poll.
I think he may be right. They also may not want to appear to have rushed, so will sleep on it to give it some extra time. Just hard waiting. It is likely a done deal by now, just going over all with a fine-toothed comb.

I think he may be right. They also may not want to appear to have rushed, so will sleep on it to give it some extra time. Just hard waiting. It is likely a done deal by now, just going over all with a fine-toothed comb.

Just chatted with DH while he's on his lunch break. He served as jury foreman on a criminal case some years ago and feels that the jurors will take their time to carefully consider the complicated charges as well as numerous exhibits and hours of testimony over the past six weeks.

The clock might be ticking away while we're sitting on pins & needles waiting for a verdict, but the jurors aren't deliberating all the time. They have breaks during the day and a 90 minute lunch recess. I've also heard/read that HHJP won't let them deliberate past 6:00PM but might let them to until 7:00 if they want additional time. I'm not ready to panic just yet. Like fine wine, some things just take time. jmo

How did we do on our time estimates? I was way off. But most of you got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader