2011.07.04 Verdict Watch 12:15 pm How long will the jury deliberate?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

How long do you think the jury will deliberate?

• <1 hour

Votes: 17 1.6%
  • 1/2 day

Votes: 132 12.2%
  • 1 day

Votes: 173 16.0%
  • 2 days

Votes: 321 29.8%
  • 3 days

Votes: 226 21.0%
  • 4 days

Votes: 100 9.3%
  • 5 days

Votes: 51 4.7%
  • 6 days

Votes: 16 1.5%
  • 7 days

Votes: 10 0.9%
  • >1 week

Votes: 60 5.6%
  • the original 12 will remain in place

Votes: 105 9.7%
  • some of the alternates will shift into juror seats

Votes: 73 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I heard them say is that they would have to start deliberations over at that point, take a vote and carry on...?

On HLN?? Just tonight about 5-6 pm?? Wow... I swear that is not what I heard them say ....Im positive I heard what was said above .... but...maybe I just need a replacement too!! LOL :floorlaugh:

Ah well, hopefully it'll not need to be implemeted either way.
GIT ER DUN Jury!:rocker:

The jurors are only involved in the penalty phase if they come back with a capital verdict...and then there will be that second "mini-trial" they talked about during jury selection. The judge will deal with sentencing for any lesser charges.

Ahhh Gotcha now! That makes sense.

Thanks VERY much for that reply CL!:tyou:

I was looking for confirmation on this as well. I know some have posted about it and others said they didn't hear it. I wonder where it was reported.

IIRC is was HLN taling about deliberations in general and speculating as to what they may be have done/may be doing and the someone made reference that they could start fresh tomorrow examining the evidence, ask to see vides, etc.

I was looking for confirmation on this as well. I know some have posted about it and others said they didn't hear it. I wonder where it was reported.

What I heard (on CNN) was that the judge had called the jury back to the courtroom. CNN THs then began to speculate that either the judge was releasing them for the day, or that the jury was going to request exhibits/video. They were just speculating.

In my speculation regarding todays deliberations, the jurors went back to the jury room, went over the juror instructions again, had lunch, talked about how relieved they were to be finally able to 'talk' about the case, took an initial vote to see where everyone was at, found that they were all in agreement, got word that they were to report back to the courtroom so they decided to hash out all the specific counts in the morning. Is that too much of a perfect scenario for this case? It would be nice to have something go quickly and without argument in this case. Not advocating a rush to judgement of course...well, maybe a little rush.

It just occurred to me how difficult it would be to have been listening to this case for the last month and NOT be able to talk to someone about it. OMG. Talk about utter torture after being in the courtroom all day with all that went on during this trial. I would have gone insane without all of you.

I sooooo wanted a verdict tonight, 1st degree....

I think that might be expecting a bit too much of this jury. There's 300 - something exhibits to go through, and a ton of witness testimony to consider. I think it will be at least 3 or 4 days at the very least. JMO, however, and I could be wrong.

I answered 4 days. At the moment I feel perfectly calm about things but if the jury deliberates for longer than that I will probably start to worry.

IMO, I suspect we will have a verdict by lunch today (Tuesday).

I am thinking end of business Tuesday.

They go in after 6 weeks...

"This is why I think she is guilty..."
"This is what confuses me..."

The IT guy clears up computer stuff.
The nurse clears up nurse stuff.
They clear up anything that one misunderstands... just like when we discuss here.

I still don't think she will get death.
I'm not sure about them giving her 1st degree.
I wouldn't be surprised by 2nd degree though.

I expect a verdict today also. HLN's clock says 5 hours and 49 minutes but in reality, I believe they only started deliberating after lunch at 1:30....meaning 4 hours.

After Linda's outstanding closing, I don't see how anyone can still have doubt as to who murdered Caylee and why.

After the closing statements by both the defense and state I wouldn't be surprised if we have a verdict sometime in the evening today.

Simple, logics:

Caylee was not reported missing for 31 days.
Casey was seen living it up during that time
Zanny the nanny never existed
Casey's car trunk smelled like death
Caylee found thrown in a swamp with duct-tape around her little nose and mouth
Casey changes her story again. Claims it was an accident.
Blames her mother for leaving the ladder up, George Anthony of a cover up + abuse and lee of abuse.

That's all we need. Don't need the hair and chloroform evidence.

If this jury does not believe the accident theory then the only question they need to answer is whether this was premeditated murder or not. There is no good reason to put duct-tape over a child's face unless the purpose is death.

Of course I hope they come back with premeditated/felony murder.

Anything less than 1st Degree/DP, I predict by noon Wednesday. If it goes until Friday (or later), I think we could then be looking at 1st Degree/DP. Regardless of my own feelings toward Casey/this case, I want the jury to take thier time - this is a DP case.

I expect a verdict today also. HLN's clock says 5 hours and 49 minutes but in reality, I believe they only started deliberating after lunch at 1:30....meaning 4 hours.

After Linda's outstanding closing, I don't see how anyone can still have doubt as to who murdered Caylee and why.

The Judge said they only stopped deliberating "for lunch and appropriate breaks."

HLN is counting the lunch hour for that reason I believe.

12:11pm to 6pm is about right.
Trying to subtract the time for lunch and breaks would be tough.

But Judge Perry DID say they took a break from deliberating for lunch... implying that they had been deliberating BEFORE. So starting the countdown before lunch would make sense.

I think so anyway... I'm really tired. lol

The Judge said they only stopped deliberating "for lunch and appropriate breaks."

HLN is counting the lunch hour for that reason I believe.

12:11pm to 6pm is about right.
Trying to subtract the time for lunch and breaks would be tough.

But Judge Perry DID say they took a break from deliberating for lunch... implying that they had been deliberating BEFORE. So starting the countdown before lunch would make sense.

I think so anyway... I'm really tired. lol

I got the impression from the judge that they would have lunch and then deliberate. The clock does normally stop when they have lunch and breaks or retire for the night. That's how it's supposed to be done. They are not allowed to deliberate outside the jury room. If they want to during lunch, they have to eat in the jury room.

They had a jury expert on HLN yesterday. IIRC, she felt 7 were pro prosection, 2 were neutral and 3 pro defense.

I was listening to BS, who said the jury could convict her on the lesser charges, and HHJP could give her up 30 years per charge, and that would be like 60 years or something, and KC would serve about 55 of those years. And I think HHJP would give her a heavy sentence, because he's pretty tough, IMO. I mean, 55 years might as well be LWOP - she'd be 75, if she survived prison for that long.

They are taking too long already. God.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member