2011.07.04 Verdict Watch 12:15 pm How long will the jury deliberate?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

How long do you think the jury will deliberate?

• <1 hour

Votes: 17 1.6%
  • 1/2 day

Votes: 132 12.2%
  • 1 day

Votes: 173 16.0%
  • 2 days

Votes: 321 29.8%
  • 3 days

Votes: 226 21.0%
  • 4 days

Votes: 100 9.3%
  • 5 days

Votes: 51 4.7%
  • 6 days

Votes: 16 1.5%
  • 7 days

Votes: 10 0.9%
  • >1 week

Votes: 60 5.6%
  • the original 12 will remain in place

Votes: 105 9.7%
  • some of the alternates will shift into juror seats

Votes: 73 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I said 2 days :) I don't see what there is to consider.. regarding ICA's "defense". Simple. 31 days. Who could get by that?

Well then I think they should take 31 days to deliberate. Let her experience a little Karma.

I have spent a week or so trying to push the thought out of my head about what the jury thinks about the the media coverage and the money and or book deals.

Is there a jury member who wants to profit from the case? Or did a stealth juror get in?

Will that effect a verdict? It is driving me nuts. I have even tried to figure out where this trial is putting everyone on the map ,career wise etc.

On the third day: Cindy's sobbing saves CMA's skin.

IMO, even George & Cindy are hoping for a vacation from her.

I mean, they gotta know they are next on her list. Right?

They have a lot of charges to consider.

veejaye
Registered User Join Date: Jun 2011

The DeWitt Law Firm in Orlando put together an excellent graphic of the possible verdicts including First Degree Murder (Death or Life), Second Degree Murder (Maximum 30 yrs.), Manslaughter (Maximum 15 yrs.) and Not Guilty. As well as the lesser included charges of Aggravated Manslaughter of a Child (additional up to 30 yrs.), Aggravated Child Abuse (additional up to 15 yrs.) and False Information to Law Enforcement Regarding Missing Person (4 additional yrs. for each count). The well designed flow chart was published in today's Orlanda Sentinel.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...9737.htmlstory

UPDATE: This Orlando Sentinel link seems to be broken. Thanks Crucibelle for the heads up. Try the link below or go to Crucibel's link which is of the same flow chart.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...-possible-outcomes-062411,0,7769737.htmlstory

They have a lot of charges to consider.

veejaye
Registered User Join Date: Jun 2011

The DeWitt Law Firm in Orlando put together an excellent graphic of the possible verdicts including First Degree Murder (Death or Life), Second Degree Murder (Maximum 30 yrs.), Manslaughter (Maximum 15 yrs.) and Not Guilty. As well as the lesser included charges of Aggravated Manslaughter of a Child (additional up to 30 yrs.), Aggravated Child Abuse (additional up to 15 yrs.) and False Information to Law Enforcement Regarding Missing Person (4 additional yrs. for each count). The well designed flow chart was published in today's Orlanda Sentinel.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...9737.htmlstory

Thank you veejaye.. but the link doesn't work for me. :(

Y'all, I can spell. I just can't type. It's Orlando and not Orlanda. Heaven, help me.

FYI, Kathi Belich said on Friday that after Lee's testimony, a lunch recess was called and she watched the jurors walking out and heard them break into laughter. It could have been anything that was said -

But imo, that is not good for the defense at all.

I'm thinking it will take 2-3 days, mostly because of Juror # 4. Still can't believe she got on the jury. Very hard to get into her head.Beth K was saying this morning she is shocked she got in because of her statement about "not judging." There is a lot of evidence to review. Also hard to know how much they will focus on the forensics. My eyes glazed over last week with all of the scientific information,and as an RN, it made sense to me, but I really don't care any more what they all say. Some of them cancel out others, and some of them were never "experts" to begin with, (MOO) so how much weight should they get? My daughter is graduating in Biology from the U of M, and she said following it is no problem, but what might the jurors be getting out of it?

I believe if the jury believes that the molestation accusations are nothing but more lies from Casey. That the story of George covering up the accidental death of Caylee is nothing more than lies. And that the story of Roy Kronk holding Caylee's remains hostage is more lies from Casey... they will find her guilty of 1st degree murder. The fact that she can still lie and blame innocent people for how Caylee's face was duct taped and her body being thrown out into those woods like trash will not be good for Casey... if they believe she is doing nothing but lying again.

The jury needs to listen to the phone call Casey made to the Anthony home when they deliberate. If they listen to this phone conversation again... I do not believe they will have any problem convicting her of 1st degree murder. Casey, in her own words, stated all her family cared about was getting Caylee back. If George was involved at all... why would all he care about is getting Caylee back??

I believe this jury is smart enough to see through Casey and her lies. If it were an accident, as she claims, there would be no reason to continue to lie about it and shift blame to any and everyone in her path. I am sure all of these jury members are wondering why they are even there if it were an accident.

I still say they will deliberate for 5 days... again no real reason, but that it is an odd number?? I believe they will find her guilty of 1st degree murder. She's done nothing but lie, by way of her lawyers, to this jury and I believe the jury will see Casey for exactly what she is. Evil!

Happy Monday, all! :great:

I have long mulled this question, since she was first charged with murder back in 10/2008 before Caylee's body was even found. Of course now with a lot more information having come forward, my thoughts on how long jury deliberations will take have changed.

I say 7+ days. I feel that the jury will fall into three broad groups pertaining to her guilt/innocence, not even considering the possible sentencing options *if* they reach a consensus on guilty/not guilty. Those three categories initially will be (I feel I'm stating the obvious, I'm sorry)

*guilty

*not guilty (I feel there will be 1 at the most, who would arrive at this conclusion)

*not guilty by reasonable doubt

It is easier for us who have long mulled and dissected the trial to say "it comes down to..." and start with the not reporting for 31 days. This jury though, has been inundated with information and have not yet been able to talk through any of it. I feel it will take a person with a strong personality (but not someone who steamrolls everyone) to take the lead and say, "Okay, let's narrow it down to what we all feel are the most relevant issues in determining her guilt/innocence, gather what we each feel on those issues, and move from there."

With 12 people, there will be a lot of differences in what people find important, not important, suspicious, not suspicious.

I think the longer this trial drags out the shorter the deliberation.

My gut says that the jury will convict her quickly but will be hung up on what charges and this will be where some time is spent by the jurors, some may feel that the SAO did not prove 1st degree murder/premed, but here in FL we can still get a murder 1 conviction with out premed.

Once they get the gloves & boots on and sort through the elcrapo. I think five days.

During this time I see jb & Finn sitting in a boat w/signs saying, "geo, did it." And mason & geo driving up & down the street w/that big sign (geo had). Their sign reads,
"sindy lied." I really do or something just as silly from them.

Wouldn't be surprised if the verdict comes back before the 4th of July.

Happy Monday, all! :great:

I have long mulled this question, since she was first charged with murder back in 10/2008 before Caylee's body was even found. Of course now with a lot more information having come forward, my thoughts on how long jury deliberations will take have changed.

I say 7+ days. I feel that the jury will fall into three broad groups pertaining to her guilt/innocence, not even considering the possible sentencing options *if* they reach a consensus on guilty/not guilty. Those three categories initially will be (I feel I'm stating the obvious, I'm sorry)

*guilty

*not guilty (I feel there will be 1 at the most, who would arrive at this conclusion)

*not guilty by reasonable doubt

It is easier for us who have long mulled and dissected the trial to say "it comes down to..." and start with the not reporting for 31 days. This jury though, has been inundated with information and have not yet been able to talk through any of it. I feel it will take a person with a strong personality (but not someone who steamrolls everyone) to take the lead and say, "Okay, let's narrow it down to what we all feel are the most relevant issues in determining her guilt/innocence, gather what we each feel on those issues, and move from there."

With 12 people, there will be a lot of differences in what people find important, not important, suspicious, not suspicious.

This jury will be split up after getting instructions from HHJP I do not know at what point they will confer together. Anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Queen of the Winter Night