2011.07.04 Verdict Watch 12:15 pm How long will the jury deliberate?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

How long do you think the jury will deliberate?

• <1 hour

Votes: 17 1.6%
  • 1/2 day

Votes: 132 12.2%
  • 1 day

Votes: 173 16.0%
  • 2 days

Votes: 321 29.8%
  • 3 days

Votes: 226 21.0%
  • 4 days

Votes: 100 9.3%
  • 5 days

Votes: 51 4.7%
  • 6 days

Votes: 16 1.5%
  • 7 days

Votes: 10 0.9%
  • >1 week

Votes: 60 5.6%
  • the original 12 will remain in place

Votes: 105 9.7%
  • some of the alternates will shift into juror seats

Votes: 73 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is the thread where someone asked this (I had to ask nurse our mod for a link)

Charges against KC:

First-degree murder

Aggravated child abuse

Aggravated manslaughter of a child

4 counts of providing false information to a law enforcement officer:
That she worked at Universal Orlando in 2008,
That she left Caylee with a babysitter named Zenaida Fernandez Gonzalez,
That she told Jeffrey Hopkins and Juliette Lewis that Caylee was missing,
That she received a phone call from Caylee on July 15, 2008

http://www.cfnews13.com/casey-anthony-faq

I am not sure if there is a thread to discuss the list of charges and the possibilities of conviction and/or the sentencing for each count. If not, that would be a great thead.

(I voted four days, just a random guess).

I think they will vote guilty within the first 10 minutes, then decide to make the defense wait for another 3 days just to tick them off.

I would hope that however long it takes for them to deliberate that there are pictures of darling little Caylee plastered all over that room!!

1 day.
Had this poll been up Wednesday, I would have voted 1 hour. With the defendant's mother switching sides on Thursday & blatenly lying & her brother being unmasked Friday as her angry, loving supporter, ( note in his "I don't want us here" pity party he neglected to mention his dead niece), I think the jury will have to spend at least an hour or so discussing why these people did this in court.

Caveat - if George Anthony also flips to the defendants side, I think there will be a hung jury after a full 1 week. I'm praying he has a Damascus Road moment and stands up for his grandaughter. God Almighty, SOMBODY from her OWN FAMILY has to demand justice for her murder.

I didn't see the "quicker than reheating a Pop Tart" option. lol

Does this mean that none of the jurors know whether they are actually alternates and will be shut out from the deliberation phase? What a complete let-down it would be after spending so much energy listening to the trial to be told that you are an alternate and are not part of the chosen 12.

Or could I be missing something here?

I voted for one week, deadlocked a possibility (thinking about # 4). If # 4 is an alternate, I think 4 days.

I have wondered about this. Jean Casarez has mentioned "juror # 4, juror # 5# etc.. So, am I correct in thinking that since she was there at vior dire <sp> SHE knows who is an alternate and who is not, while the jurors themselves do not know?

Thanks in advance.

TC, Robin

I think the Jury will deliberate a minimum of 5-days.
I predict at least one Juror will be replaced with an alternate.

I voted 2 days. Funny, my friend asked me the same question the other day. I also think the original 12 will stay intact.

I voted 2 also, but someone said a juror had a house rented in London for the 8th of July, so that one may fall by the wayside. It all depends on the amount of antics from here on out. If the jurors feel they will be sent back to their hotel for a very long boring holiday weekend, someone might feign illness. IMO Actually I'm starting to feel sick now. :maddening:

I have no idea how long the jury will deliberate, but it is my heartfelt desire that it is the shortest deliberation in history, and they come back with a GUILTY AS SIN verdict. It would be a thing of beauty to see them send the message loud and clear that they did not for one nanosecond buy the BS that Jose and ICA are shoveling. I'd love to see this in the record books for easiest and fastest decision ever.

I have no idea how long the jury will deliberate, but it is my heartfelt desire that it is the shortest deliberation in history, and they come back with a GUILTY AS SIN verdict. It would be a thing of beauty to see them send the message loud and clear that they did not for one nanosecond buy the BS that Jose and ICA are shoveling. I'd love to see this in the record books for easiest and fastest decision ever.

Wouldn't it be something if HHBP sent the jury into deliberations and they just looked at each other and said " No need, we have heard enough", this chick is guilty and although we wish we could also throw her out on the side of the road to rot, we are bound by law to give her more than she gave Caylee. The opportunity to be put to death by someone that she didn't put her trust and love in, with all her heart."

TC, Robin

I just read that the SP jury took 8 hours to reach a verdict after a 5 month trial!

If ICA is convicted of Murder 1 I think she has a better chance of the DP because of CA's testimony.

If I was a juror...

No matter how much I hated ICA, seeing Cindy break down on the stand early in the trial, the anguish her and GA are going through... they already lost so much... they are the ones suffering... LWOP might be a small mercy.

Then... a brash, defiant CA takes the stand and commits perjury. Insults my intelligence and I see her true colors. No more mercy for ICA or the Anthonys. NONE.

This is Florida, anyway. HHJP decides the sentence. I would love it if jury comes back 12-0 for LWOP and he sentences her to death anyway! I think he is just waiting to do it. He is pro-DP and he knows the deal here.

I think 2-3 days, shorter if they open the stinky can. Guilty on Murder 1. LWOP

If ICA is convicted of Murder 1 I think she has a better chance of the DP because of CA's testimony.

If I was a juror...

No matter how much I hated ICA, seeing Cindy break down on the stand early in the trial, the anguish her and GA are going through... they already lost so much... they are the ones suffering... LWOP might be a small mercy.

Then... a brash, defiant CA takes the stand and commits perjury. Insults my intelligence and I see her true colors. No more mercy for ICA or the Anthonys. NONE.

This is Florida, anyway. HHJP decides the sentence. I would love it if jury comes back 12-0 for LWOP and he sentences her to death anyway! I think he is just waiting to do it. He is pro-DP and he knows the deal here.

WOW, Elder, you've said it better than anyone! I didn't feel as sorry for CA for the tears, but I was totally angered by the lies.

If they start with the jailhouse tapes, paying special attention to those with Lee, they could be done in 5 hours. ;)

Seriously? .................two or three days.

Caylee did not drown, she died because of something someone else did to her. And it involved at least three pieces of duct tape and imo the trunk of a car.

:cow:

I thought the jurors in the Scott Peterson deliberated for several days after which 2 of the jurors were dismissed. Once they brought in two new jurors they deliberated for 8 hours or so before reaching a verdict.

Does this mean that none of the jurors know whether they are actually alternates and will be shut out from the deliberation phase? What a complete let-down it would be after spending so much energy listening to the trial to be told that you are an alternate and are not part of the chosen 12.

Or could I be missing something here?

We know which Jurors are alternates because of the Voir Dire process being public, but they do not know who are alternates or are members of the Jury.

I did not vote & cannot speculate how long they will take to deliberate -- it's very cut & dry IMHO. Because of the Holiday, I can see them being quick (however, can this be used by KC to say it was an unfair sentence). If the Foreman FIRST focuses on the charges, I can see them agreeing on an outcome. Even though one may not "believe" in capital punishment, based on the State's argument how can they not "believe" KC is responsible for Caylee's demise.

I just want her found guilty & spend many more days incarcerated preferably in general population, and I want the State of FL to set a precedent that LYING in court is not acceptable. Cindy & Baez need to be charged (again, IMHO).

BTW: krisskross' siggie scares me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member