2011.07.04 Verdict Watch 12:15 pm How long will the jury deliberate?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

How long do you think the jury will deliberate?

• <1 hour

Votes: 17 1.6%
  • 1/2 day

Votes: 132 12.2%
  • 1 day

Votes: 173 16.0%
  • 2 days

Votes: 321 29.8%
  • 3 days

Votes: 226 21.0%
  • 4 days

Votes: 100 9.3%
  • 5 days

Votes: 51 4.7%
  • 6 days

Votes: 16 1.5%
  • 7 days

Votes: 10 0.9%
  • >1 week

Votes: 60 5.6%
  • the original 12 will remain in place

Votes: 105 9.7%
  • some of the alternates will shift into juror seats

Votes: 73 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
31 DAYS to deliberate ... :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Just kidding !

I voted 3 days. I am sure they are ready to go home and have a "normal life" again -- but -- I do believe they will take their job seriously.

I voted 3 days. I have no idea which way this case will go. My fear is that the defense has created reasonable doubt. They only need one juror ....

I hope I'm wrong but right now, I don't see the state getting a conviction for 1st degree murder.

I voted 3 days. I think there will be a lot of discussion on premeditation vs accidental.

I agree completely. Plus, the computer stuff may have to be explained to the others to that end.
I think the only thing that will hold up deliberations is the exact charge. Some may refuse Murder 1 simply because of the DP. I hope HHJP makes the idea premeditation perfectly clear in his instructions in this case, so they can't refuse.
IMO there are NO mitigating factors in this one--gotta go Murder 1.

Oh man, you guys have me really hoping for 2 days! :crazy:

I voted one day only because it's the 4th of July weekend (assuming they start deliberating by Friday) and I think they would want to be home for that!

I voted for 3 days with the original 12 jurors in place. There has been a lot of testimony in this trial. Hell, it'll take them a good day just to go through the witness list. If they've made it this far (almost 6 weeks), they can hang in there for another week or so. I think KC is going to get the death penalty. Especially if they unleash JA at the end. All the prosecution has to do is a rebuttal that further impeaches CA and it's a wrap.

I do think that too many people are focused on Juror #4 and the erroneous statement attributed to her (she said that she couldn't "pre-judge", not that she couldn't judge), but unless there is some hardcore animosity amongst the jurors, I think that these folks have probably formed a lifelong camaraderie and she will not disappoint her fellow jurors.

I just don't want there to EVER be a possibility that KC can leave prison for the rest of her sorry life -- be it LWOP or lethal injection.

No more bottled water for you Missy! It's back to city/jail water.

4 days then the jury will send out word that they are deadlocked,

and can't reach a decision, HHJP will send them back to

deliberate, at the end of two more days, this circus will end in

a hung jury.

Every jury I've served on started with the foreman asking for a vote on each charge. This was always done on a sheet of paper, we folded and everyone put it in a pile and he read each one. If everyone doesn't vote the same way, the deliberations start. But only after a vote on each charge. I've served on a hung jury and it's not fun. Everyone sitting there in agreement except one person with their arms folded and wouldn't budge. Surely, they can all agree she is guilty...the hard part I think will be the charges.
JM humble opinion...OH...I think it will be two days cause the judge will give them a list of instructions and I bet it's going to be a long list.

BBM. I know what you mean! I was on a jury for a robbery/kidnap case and it was that one woman who hung the jury. She had her arms folded and said, "I don't care what anybody says, I'm not changing my mind." It seemed so clear to the rest of us. We deliberated for 2.5 days. We too had a vote on little slips of paper first thing.

I think ICA's jury will be out for three days.

I voted 2 days b/c if they keep to the timeline that JP gives, that would mean deliberating on Saturday and Sunday and then they can be done for the 4th. I also think a quick deliberation time has notoriously been linked to success for the prosecutors, so I am hoping for this as well.

IMO, there is a lot white noise around this case, but in the end, it will come down to her actions in the 31 days. That is what Scott Peterson's jury said- his actions proved it to them as well as where the body was found. Sound familiar???

I also voted 2 days. After yesterday I doubt anyone will have any faith in what CA. says. Yes those 31 days did her in, not to mention her actions. B. has created such a circus I doubt anyone believes him either.I am hoping for DP. but will settle for LWOP...I remember many of us feelin

g sqeemish at the SP. trial, you know "what if", Distaso pulled it in and so will Ashton...:woohoo:

IMO, there is a lot white noise around this case, but in the end, it will come down to her actions in the 31 days. That is what Scott Peterson's jury said- his actions proved it to them as well as where the body was found. Sound familiar???

I agree. The slam dunk for me are her actions during those 31 days. Then you bring in all the lies. This is what disgusts me the most and leads me to believe that she is guilty of murder and not manslaughter. ICA is not normal. Normal people who have nothing to hide eventually would crack and admit that their daughter drowned in the pool.

I voted 1/2 day. I envision the process of deliberation as follows:

"Let's make a list. On the left side we write down all the things that point towards premeditated murder. On the right side we write down all the things that point towards a crazily covered up accident".

Left Side............................................................. Right Side

31 days
lies and more lies
death smell in trunk
banded hair
mother is partying and having fun
jail videos
chloroform
duct tape

1/2 a day I said. That would mean that they can bond and talk to each other for 11 hours and 55 minutes, make the list in 2 minutes and still have 3 minutes left to vote.

I just don't know - the jury must be so kerfluffled right now. The DT and their maze of <unoosual> witnesses, the gazillion side bars, the disappearing witness (Dr who would lose his job if he gets back on the stand), the mummy who is making no sense on the stand talking about skateboarding videos.

If I was on the jury, and had no knowledge of this case, I would get back in the deliberation room and sit there and say WTH? What did I just witness, and what am I supposed to do now! And, hey, where's the dessert lady :)

Next week should prove even more confusing - especially if the inmate takes the stand, or if GA is thrown under the bus, or if that poor convicted kidnapper takes the stand.

I have a lot of sympathy for the jurors, and will keep them in my thoughts.

MOO

Mel

I voted 1/2 day with an alternate (as they are referred to now.) Do we know who is a juror and an alternate?

OMG I just had a question. Will they find her guilty of a lesser charge to get out of the DP phase?

Thank your for the clearing that up much appreciated

And I might add, I can't wait to hear what Your Honour says to the inmate upon sentencing. I have a feeling he will not hold back once he announces his sentence. In one fell swoop ICA and the DT have made a mockery of the judicial system!

MOO

Mel

what if that one juror does not budge on accidental drowing.. what a mistrial on hung jury.. just doesnt seem right if that is the way it is.

I was on a mock trial once I was the lone juror that held out not to hold a hospital and Dr. liable in a case of botched delivery of a child severly handicapped due to neglet.. the thing was the other agree that dr only had liablitly. I voted to include the hospital as I felt it is the hospital to be responsible for what goes on within their facility.. at the end of the mock trial they were so mad at me... i got the heck outta there after collecting my 100.00 check for participating.. I was honest and there was no evidence to me that the child and mother did not have the right to sue the hospital for damages also.

I voted 1/2 day. I envision the process of deliberation as follows:

"Let's make a list. On the left side we write down all the things that point towards premeditated murder. On the right side we write down all the things that point towards a crazily covered up accident".

Left Side............................................................. Right Side

31 days
lies and more lies
death smell in trunk
banded hair
mother is partying and having fun
jail videos
chloroform
duct tape

1/2 a day I said. That would mean that they can bond and talk to each other for 11 hours and 55 minutes, make the list in 2 minutes and still have 3 minutes left to vote.

LOL - maybe they won't even get up. It would be cool if the judge said "let's take a poll". Guilty? Every juror raises their hand.

At this point I think the DT deserves that ;)

Done!

moo

Mel

3 days charged with something less than first degree
I have no clue why but I feel like she's going to end up spending 17 years in jail.

I voted 4 day's. I hope she get's lwop but I am scared that the dt has cunfused them. I pray they see thru all of the smoke and mirrors.

Any longer than one day would be a waste...a hugh waste!

moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member