2011.07.05 Sidebar Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have this channels link for online? I bookmarked mine and it will not work anymore. Please? I really want to listen to this channel at work.TIA

Here is the link for HLN live stream --- warning it takes FOREVER to load but I just verified it and it does work, so patience is a virtue -- acquire it quickly if you want to watch! LOL

http://www.live-news-stream.com/hln-live-stream-feed/

Jean C is saying they have not asked for a break today. Not even a smoke break.

Hmmm......

I believe the press lady over Jean C..Common sense also tells me, as a smoker myself, there's NO way they haven't had a cig since 8:30a :)

I realize this is the 'sidebar' thread but posts about personal experience with gynecologist? Really?

Jurors are eating lunch right now!! Jut delivered. #CaseyAnthony #verdictwatch -jfellby cfnews13casey via twitter 10:48 AM

(so much for an accurate jury clock, unless they continue deliberations during lunch)

eta: apparently lunch is chick fil a

I bet Mr MOrgan is all over JB's opening statement! :great:

And that is what the additional filing was for. He will stop until ICA and her attorney speak.

I think she has been MIA for days now...I'm getting concerned about her. I hope she's on vaca or something. We may need to call 911...and not wait 31 days!

Hi RammerJammer! I grew up in Bama!:seeya:

Mock Juror's (aka Mountain_Kat) dear MIL was visiting for the holiday, IIRC. I think I did see a post from her somewhere this am, if I am not mistaken.

I look forward to hearing her thoughts when she returns!

wm

That is the most poorly-written, grammatically incorrect article I've ever read, so I don't give it much credence.

I think it's a "spun" article. The whole site really. It's all automated. Grabs content on other sites and spins it into an article. It's for search engine optimization purposes only. Hoping to grab someone in, they can't read the article cuz it doesn't make sense. The user either leaves, or they click on an ad, making the site money.

Its a good experience to be in apublic place when a major announcement such as a guilty verdict is announced. its amazing people cheer and clap even if its coming in over a radio.

he believes she didn't intend for Caylee to die, that she drugged her and came back to find her dead and then panicked.

RSBM..

Isn't that still murder one? death while committing child abuse?

Totally TMI and OT but what happens if you don't have any money in your jail account? Do they give you $$ for tampons, toothpaste and toothbrush, necessities? Or are you expected to let your teeth rot and bleed everywhere? yuck!!!

I'm a former correctional officer who worked in a women's prison - you get issued very generic sundries for necessary things like that. If you do have money on your books, you can buy nicer things than are issued.

I believe the press lady over Jean C..Common sense also tells me, as a smoker myself, there's NO way they haven't had a cig since 8:30a :)

Well, the press lady said she didn't really know. Jean C says that she asked the deputy outside the jury room, and he told her they haven't requested any breaks. So I tend to believe that. It is possible that the smokers were alternates and not part of the 12 currently deliberating.

I'm curious.

How do you think the length of time it takes the jury to reach a verdict relates to the type of verdict they come back with?

Not unless they all agreed to let them open a window and hang out! Believe you me, I've done that before in high rise hotels!

Its a good experience to be in apublic place when a major announcement such as a guilty verdict is announced. its amazing people cheer and clap even if its coming in over a radio.

Are you posting from Walmart? :floorlaugh:

Hello Tia...

Thanks for what you wrote... There are some things that mount up to "no, this has just gone too far" and you have written them:

We humans, if with any real value to our society, DO NOT -- no matter who we are or what we do as a job -- purposely destroy the lives of other people FOREVER based upon unfounded, unproven self-serving inference or inuendo just to cheat our test results as "passing".

IF "we" are a "moral" or "ethical" or "real" human we DO NOT do this just to accomplish our goal. In my opinion, anyone who would do this has placed themselves in the scum pond of human flesh, the swamp of human decay...

What JB has done has not been clever, it showed no intelligence... It showed a manipulation of mankind, even as Casey Anthony continuously manipulated mankind by lie. This man, in my opinion -- Jose Baez -- is nothing more nor less than equal to tot murderer Casey Anthony, though he may want others to think he was just doing his job. Sorry BS!

This isn't "just his job" -- we are not required to participate in unethical and immoral practices to do "our job." Jose Baez chose that path -- choosing to murder two other tots (now grown), George and Lee Anthony, by inuendo and for his own -- NOT HIS CLIENT'S -- selfish purposes. This whole thing wasn't about serving society to defend our wrongfully convicted or "saving his client" or "doing his job" --it was as low life as Casey Anthony preserving her "self-serving" this WHOLE life is about "serving me" interest.

Jose Baez is as low as his client, the one who killed a tiny baby girl -- only JB reached out to kill 2 innocent men, those who were once the tiny baby boys of others.

Nothing about JB is cute. Not to me. He has lowered himself to murder, just as his client did... I hope that his soon to be born baby NEVER suffers at the hands of someone like Casey Anthony OR himself.

I see what your saying, but I think morals and ethics are in the eye of the beholder and a lot of times people sway between one way or another depending on the circumstance.

In a defense lawyers case the moral and ethics are determined by the court and the law and not how her/she feels. If a person feels they cannot perform their job to the best of their abilities due to their emotional or moral objections then dont take that job, but then again dont toss them under the bus if that person CAN sleep at night doing what they do and its legal!

Lawyers have worked this way and take on tough cases since our legal system was created. I just dont know what people expected JB to do. To not step on toes? Casey said her dad molested her and Caylee drowned. What is he gonna say? Sorry cant use that defense cause GA and LA might be innocent? Come on, thats not his job. That is the defense. Its not JB asking Casey to make up things. JB job also is to discredit witnesses and experts. I just think people are so wrapped up in the emotion of this case. Is JB the best lawyer in town? No. Is he pandering to the media? maybe. He may want to be famous, but these days who doesnt? You dont think that a juror will write a book and get rich off this? They already have interviews lined up and a enough money to where they probably wont have to work for a while. How many TV movies will be made? So who's the villian now? I just refuse to see certain people as all good or all bad, except one person. The person that caused all this...Casey. She is to blame.

I couldnt be a doctor. I couldnt watch people die. I also couldnt work at an animal shelter where they kill unwanted pets. it would hurt my soul, but I cant hate on those that do. They arent bad people. They are too doing a job. Like i've said its easy to be the good guy. But it takes a certain knack to do what needs to be done and dance with the devil in order for the overall good of society.

There should be a 'worry' thread. I am so worried this jury is going to hang or let her off the worst charges. It is taking a while for them to come back. Not extraordinarily long but long enough that there seems to be disagreement. There must be some that think she is innocent or that it was an accident or believe the pool theory and some that think it is 1st degree.

If I was the only juror that thought it was 1st degree I would hold out so that the State could redo the case. I would not go along with a lesser charge. I am going nuts waiting.

I agree 100%. A hung jury is preferred over an acquittal. After seeing the charges and multiple lesser degrees available to them to choose from I see a compromise as more likely. One thing I have learned that gives me hope is not all 12 need to agree on the 1st degree. It can be split say 6 and 6 for 1st degree and felony murder. They do not need to prove premeditation which imo makes a felony murder decision much easier for this jury if they believe the intent to kill was not there.

My fear is more of a compromise by this jury. In the very worst case scenario they believe it was a drowning accident she is still guilty of some kind of abuse or negligence by not rendering assistance. That much she has admitted to but not how she disposed of the body. I don't think the lack of admission for that was the charges and penalty but rather the fact that it was more indicative of guilt and indifference toward Caylee as incriminating evidence towards murder. I know they cannot consider the drowning specifically since no real evidence showed that but imo the defense was successful in putting it in their minds. If you believe JC she said juror #4 nodded her head in agreement during a pic showing Caylee climbing the ladder in JB's presentation.

Well, the press lady said she didn't really know. Jean C says that she asked the deputy outside the jury room, and he told her they haven't requested any breaks. So I tend to believe that. It is possible that the smokers were alternates and not part of the 12 currently deliberating.

Hope they aren't sneeking smokes in the bathroom my ex would do that!!!!

This is a weird question, but did Casey have fake nails--like tips etc. on during the 31 days?

I realize this is the 'sidebar' thread but posts about personal experience with gynecologist? Really?

It is an argument in the case that was made by the DT. JB argued the fact that CA did not take ICA to a gyn was evidence she was trying to hide sexual abuse. IMO it is relevant to discuss how common it is not to go so early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95