2011.07.07 Sentencing Hearing Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She will probably declare bankruptcy to avoid them, then go on and make money after...
You cannot include your tax debt in Bankruptcy, so that's what I'm getting at, since the IRS already placed a lien they should be paid first, and if ICA can be kept in jail as long as possible it gives others like the state & TES time to sue her and prevent her from getting $ and blowing it right away or trying to hide the $ in scams or overseas bank accounts, all the people need to sue now before she has a chance to make money not after when it's harder to go after funds.

In fairness here in England she would have been charged with preventing Caylee from having a proper burial. Thats what many here dont understand..how could it be considered ok to just dump a babies body the way she did?

Yes, and Obstructing a Coroner.

Obstructing a Coroner - Preventing the Burial of a Body
Any disposal of a corpse with intent to obstruct or prevent a coroner's inquest, when there is a duty to hold one, is an offence. The offence is a common law offence, triable only on indictment and carries a maximum penalty of life imprisonment and/or a fine.

The offence of preventing the burial of a body (indictable only, unlimited imprisonment) is an alternative charge. Proof of this offence does not require proof of the specific intent required for obstructing a coroner.
http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/p_to_r/public_justice_offences_incorporating_the_charging_standard/

me either! I didnt know that exercising my free speech and getting online to a message board could influence the court, but ok I know im special. Also if you make a post here arent you contributing to the frenzy??? If you are tired of it, just move on and dont post? Good lord.

And I`ve never really understood what Nancy Grace has to do with anyting- I`m in Finland, we don`t get Nancy Grace. But I do get Casey is guilty.

the sentence served for the check charges does not apply to time towards these charges. How much time was she sentenced for that?

I asked this in the lawyer thread yesterday and the opinion given was it is up to the judge if the check charge time served counts or not.

Why do movie industries have to pay Casey if they want to do a movie about this fiasco? Can someone explain to me?

They don't, unless of course they want "her story" as a part of it...

Do you agree with that? Do the posters on this site that don't have a college degree feel they are too uneducated to understand?

The difference with WS folks is that they are willing to ask questions if they do not understand something.

I've been wondering about this. Given that Baez did not have her pay the taxes off the top as he probably thought she would go to jail and never have to pay it, can either or both be charged with tax evasion???

Does anyone think that HHJP will follow thru with his threat to report JB to the bar?

I would hope JB paid taxes on his part of that too??? ;)

Yeah, I think the jailer already knew the formula-- she may be getting out today. I think this is part of the plan to "protect" her. :mad:

I really, really hope not. My confidence in this system is nil as it is right now... :sick:

I don't understand that time of for good behavior stuff. Her behavior that got her into jail was beyond horrible.

My sister and mom followed the OJ trial and I ask my sister last night how long it took her to get over the verdict....she said it took her quite a while.

This case has exploded throughout the country and people's emotions are high and raw. The jury did the best with the evidence they had. Which there wasn't much of at all - and nothing linking Casey to the crime and where the child's body lay. That's the crux - we all believe she had a hand in it .. but there is no PROOF .. that's the law - and the jury cannot convict on emotion or supposition. Otherwise, there would be a lot of innocent people in prison. The evidence speaks - and if that evidence isn't there - there is no other way to come to a conclusion than to find her not guilty. There was a poster that wondered about charging for 'indignity to a human body' or something to that effect - but still - no one knows who placed that child there - there is no proof as to how she got to where she was. The police didn't initially charge her with that anyway. This case has sickened a nation - but there just isn't the proof to convict. I hope everyone can just move beyond the high emotion and anger. There's not much anyone can do about this any longer. It's over. Her '4 years' giving time-served - getting out in about a month - is likely to allow time to pass as her life would be in danger (understanding how angry people are). Everyone needs to accept this verdict as the Prosecution did not have the evidence to advance a conviction - pure and simple. Let's all move on and pray that in some way via Karma - that Caylee receives her justice.

:goodpost:
:yourock:

Why do movie industries have to pay Casey if they want to do a movie about this fiasco? Can someone explain to me?

I honestly dont think they will. They learned their lesson from Vivid. Anyone who does business with KC will definitely feel the public's rage.

IRS liens are not exempt in bankruptcy. That is one entity she can't hide from - the IRS. They are going to get theirs, I can promise you guys that.

And hopefully she continues to never pay the IRS year after year. And then the federal govt can charge her and send her butt back to prison.

A thought...actually, A CONCEPT or IDEA that's occurred to me ever since OJ is...

We should SCRAP THE JURY SYSTEM.

Truly, I ask you all ------> WHO wants to be tried by a so-called Jury
consisting of one's "PEERS??"
Really? Yeah?

One's 12 so-called "peers" who've been specially-chosen FOR THEIR UTTER
IGNORANCE, GULLIBILITY, and MALLEABILITY?

Not me.

The "Jury System" should be replaced with a System consisting of a
TRIAL by TRIBUNAL, or using a Jury consisting of PROFESSIONAL JURORS.

A TRIBUNAL -------> Three learned, seasoned, AND WISE Judges.
A Majority convicts. In Death Penalty Cases only, conviction must be Unanimous.

OR A Jury consisting of PROFESSIONAL JURORS.

Professional Juror would be A CAREER, A PROFESSION very-much like
Nursing...Dentistry...etc.

Preparation would REQUIRE a B.A. or B.S. (at minimum) in "JUROLOGY"
from an Accredited University. Yes, JUROLOGY.

Think about it, friends and kiddies. Think about it. I believe this would be
A HUGE IMPROVEMENT over the current "System," which has become almost
a cruel, frustrating, illogical, unreasonable JOKE utterly detached from the
Judeo-Christian moral/ethical precepts of our heritage.

Until then, I Pray and hope this once-great Nation somehow survives the
next 1.5 years.

I was definitely in the minority concerning HHJP. If not handpicked by CM, it certainly was a stroke of luck that ICA got him as judge. I blame him for the jury that was chosen. It was a hurried process and he "rehabilitated" people who were obviously defense oriented. Allowing JB to play the race card in order to keep a totally unqualified person to sit on any jury. HHJP got what he wanted and look what happened? His obvious disdain for JA also was over the top and didn't go unnoticed by the jury. To me, his only goal during this trial was to blow kisses to his good buddy, CM, and bend backwards and sideways to avoid an appeal. Which, of course, worked in the defenses favor.

JB should have been held in contempt several times. Instead, a pat on the head......I'm done. Sorry :blushing:

Do not agree with your comments regarding HHJP AT ALL.....
and Baez still has to face the possible contempt charges from this trial to face. HHJP hasn't ruled on them yet.

I saw no specific respect given to CM at all - I saw it as resigned tolerance. For me the burden of this decision lies squarely on the shoulders of those missing village people.

I don't believe that winning

It's done. Judge Perry gave her the most he could based on her convictions.

I'm not wasting one more moment of anger. Casey is not worth it. I will hug my kids a little tighter, count my blessings a little more, and leave her fate in the hands of a righteous Judge. Caylee is beyond all of this ~ she knows no pain, anger, fear, or sadness. Her family will live out the rest of their lives, knowing what they did and didn't do. So be it.

God bless all of you dear people. Your dedication and intelligence have been truly awe inspiring for me to see. The world is a richer place because of your concern and caring. :grouphug:

Thanks for this. You have set a great example for us. I will follow your lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BEllis9801