2011.07.09 - Per Mason, Casey is not going home

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe a doctor in the US can give birth control to any young woman/teen who requests it and they do not have to inform the parents. This was done a long time ago to try and curb teen pregnancies. I would imagine kids being as they are today a fully aware they have that option. CA had to have had good insurance coverage. Children who are being sexually abused have signs and I can't believe CA never took KC to a pediatrician before she turned 18. My granddaughters go for their yearly physicial plus sick visits. I know their doctor has had talks with both of them about good touching and bad touching and how to tell the difference and how important it is to tell a parent, teacher or to tell him if they feel uncomfortable with an incident. KC had no problems running through thousands and thousands of dollars from her family. She was not afraid of anyone. They were afraid of her and from defense's opening statement with good cause. jmo
LambChop, can I jump in and politely disagree with one statement in your message?

Children who are being sexually abused, imo, do not always show signs. Sexual abuse, sadly, is way too common. It shouldn't exist at all. Not to even one child.

But there are little boys and girls who are abused who grow up and never tell a soul. Or, if they do, they don't speak about it until their abuser is long gone.

No she cannot become a nurse. Not with 6 felonies on her background. And this is something I've researched and researched for other felons in a job duty over the last 4 years. Re-entry back into society issues.

For starters, ICA is a resident of Florida. Her charges are Florida based. Florida is one of the most felony unfriendly states around. Especially since Gov. Scott took office. He's really tightened up what you can and can't do. Which is pretty much nothing! The law was relaxed before but then came the reports of nursing home abuse. A LOT of reports. Investigations. Then came the reports of Elder abuse. A LOT of them. People abusing the elderly. People stealing from them. Not $1 or $2. But HUNDREDS and THOUSANDS of dollars from individuals. Here comes Gov. Scott. AND WHAMMO! He and Pam Bondi? Has it SO tight on requirements and penalties for having a felony conviction? That about the ONLY thing one CAN do in this state?

Is get a drivers license. Providing you don't owe the state any monies. Because Florida also will suspend your license if you do not pay your court fines, costs and any other restitutional payments. I already posted a reference link once somewhere on WS about change of name procedures and how it affects you later.

As far as housing issues? A LOT of rental places, management companies and even home owner associations? Have really strict rules not allowing felons to rent from them or even live in that particular community. And I mean A LOT. Everyone just about? Runs a national background check if not a state and local background check. Even IF the person is living with someone in a controlled rental or community that has HOA? IF they find out said person is in the community against policy? They are asked to leave. OR you leave with them. No exceptions.

Most ALL employers in the state? Also run background and credit checks for positions available. If not national? State wide and local. Getting a job with a felony is a big hinderance in this state for a lot of people. A lot of companies have strict no tolerance corporate policies. Disney has a life time policy. Universal the same. Walmart and Target as well. ALL major names, brands and companies with national chains have a no forgiveness policy.

Thank you for the very informative post. Just gives me another reason to be glad that I live in Florida....that is, perhaps Ms. Anthony will have no choice but to eventually leave my golden state. Of course, condolences to whichever state ends up with her. :(

I had an unpleasant thought this morning. Because JB and CM have been talking about the trauma, ect. that ICA went through, and is still going through, she will probably apply for social security disability payments. That's what CA is getting, from what I understand. Because of all the doctors who have diagnosed her, she probably would go to the head of the list. She could probably get it for a diagnosis of "Post Traumatic Stress Disorder"

The tax payers may have to take care of her for years..JMHO

Is CA getting SS Disability or is it disability through her employer? I really don't know...

Love your moniker :) Welcome to WS!

Thank you! Love yours, too! :) And thanks too, to Paladine and Nefriahaia for their avatar suggestions. I just googled "Little Black Dress" and found thousands of options from which to choose. Hhmm....it's going to be difficult to choose........just like choosing the 'right' "little black dress"! :D

Sorry, back to topic! :)

Diane Downs was pregnant during her trial. I wouldn't doubt if ICA gets pregnant soon too.It's almost like they are trying to say, "See I like children, I wouldn't kill my own child." JMHO

It would also be a very "in your face" 'gesture, which somehow seems right up Ms. Anthony's alley.

JMO.

Or one of those sites that offer memorabilia of murder's, etc. up for sale. It still technically is registered to the A's. So it can't be dealt with 'legally' without them signing off on it.

Well, actually, I was talking about the A's. lol

I had an unpleasant thought this morning. Because JB and CM have been talking about the trauma, ect. that ICA went through, and is still going through, she will probably apply for social security disability payments. That's what CA is getting, from what I understand. Because of all the doctors who have diagnosed her, she probably would go to the head of the list. She could probably get it for a diagnosis of "Post Traumatic Stress Disorder"

The tax payers may have to take care of her for years..JMHO

Just as mentalsolstice said, I can't imagine she would qualify for that. She hasn't worked anywhere NEAR enough years for that, whereas Cindy has worked for many years. She's the only one in the family with a steady work history, far as I can tell. I think you have to pay into the Social Security system for a certain # of quarters to qualify.

I still want to know what her revenge on GA is about. If you don't think he abused her, what do you think might be the problem?

My theory is that GA tried to hold her accountable for her actions and CA squashed GA's parenting. I'm not sure, but because GA tried to verify she wasn't working at one point and CA told him to mind his own business, that is what leads me to that theory.

Thoughts?

That's my thought too. I think that Casey decided to get revenge on George since he didn't buy into her lies. He may have "challenged" her by not agreeing with everything she said like, unlike Cindy did. I also think that the grand jury testimony may have played a big part. Cindy getting called out on her lies about the chloroform searches may have also played a part in Casey turning down her request for a visit last Friday. I think Casey's done with her family because they didn't cover for her enough (in Casey's eyes).

Is CA getting SS Disability or is it disability through her employer? I really don't know...

If it were through her employer she might have exhausted it by now. It would depend on when she started short term disability. I thought I heard she quit her job, I don't know when.

Usually short term disability lasts for six weeks or so. I would think she might be on SSDI now.

Truthfully, it's all speculation without facts. I have read that she is on disability. That's all I do know for sure.

LambChop, can I jump in and politely disagree with one statement in your message?

Children who are being sexually abused, imo, do not always show signs. Sexual abuse, sadly, is way too common. It shouldn't exist at all. Not to even one child.

But there are little boys and girls who are abused who grow up and never tell a soul. Or, if they do, they don't speak about it until their abuser is long gone.

My daughter was in that position with her stepchildren. They were so polite, so controlled, the perfect children. Not what you would expect but they had signs my daughter picked up right away during visitation. It took a year to convince the children's mother...."their mother" but finally the mom brought them to the doctor only to find the babysitter (a male) who was always too willing to take them was molesting them. One thing we noticed was their hair falling out in handfulls, dark circles under their eyes, and they were too perfectly controlling considering the mother was hopped up on drugs most of the time. She'd party..kids were with the babysitter. They could both talk but were little more than babies at the time. The babysitter got 5 years because SA said the children were too young to be put on the stand.

Today, someone will notice something in a child that is not right. It's not okay to point fingers at someone when you do not know for sure there is abuse but you can suggest they get help. I can't believe a child under that much stress would not show signs, only that no one notices them at the time because they see the child everyday. I notice because I've lived through it.

As a society we need to be more open with our children so they can speak freely to a school counselor or their doctor if someone is doing something that makes them uncomfortable. All our lives would be so much easier if this type of behavior were eliminated because children had a safe place to talk freely about these matters. The reason children do not talk is that they feel ashamed. That something they did provoked this behavior towards them. Some children will slip through the cracks because they may not show any signs, you are right. Abuse thrives through silence. We need to listen to our children because sometimes actions speak louder than words. jmo

I agree KC is not going home. EVER! The only place I can think of where she would be somewhat safe is a convent. Yeah, like that's going to happen!!

If I were KC I would be scared to death to go out into the world. There are so many people in our society that kill people for no reason at all, and a lot of people think they have a reason to kill her.

I am glad the talking heads are "preaching" about learning something from this and putting hatred behind you.

My daughter was in that position with her stepchildren. They were so polite, so controlled, the perfect children. Not what you would expect but they had signs my daughter picked up right away during visitation. It took a year to convince the children's mother...."their mother" but finally the mom brought them to the doctor only to find the babysitter (a male) who was always too willing to take them was molesting them. One thing we noticed was their hair falling out in handfulls, dark circles under their eyes, and they were too perfectly controlling considering the mother was hopped up on drugs most of the time. She'd party..kids were with the babysitter. They could both talk but were little more than babies at the time. The babysitter got 5 years because SA said the children were too young to be put on the stand.

Today, someone will notice something in a child that is not right. It's not okay to point fingers at someone when you do not know for sure there is abuse but you can suggest they get help. I can't believe a child under that much stress would not show signs, only that no one notices them at the time because they see the child everyday. I notice because I've lived through it.

As a society we need to be more open with our children so they can speak freely to a school counselor or their doctor if someone is doing something that makes them uncomfortable. All our lives would be so much easier if this type of behavior were eliminated because children had a safe place to talk freely about these matters. The reason children do not talk is that they feel ashamed. That something they did provoked this behavior towards them. Some children will slip through the cracks because they may not show any signs, you are right. Abuse thrives through silence. We need to listen to our children because sometimes actions speak louder than words. jmo
Let me add, too, that your story gives the impression of your daughter as being a loving stepmother.

My original comment was more as a statement on society as a whole. Not all mothers are loving as your daughter seems to be. They don't notice when their children are stressed. Or when the kids "are not right." It's sad, but true.

I based my comments on personal experience growing up in my own dysfunctional family, as well as observing the lives of my own profoundly more disturbed extended family. If the family isn't right. If the family isn't observant- sexual abuse can exist and no one will notice. In addition, some doctors do not ask. At least, many years ago, they didn't.

There's also (even today) the issue of "I don't want to get involved." People just don't want to mess around in other people's business. Especially, if they aren't sure there isn't a problem. (If they knew for absolute certainty a child was being sexually abused, yes- I think most people would call law enforcement, have the accused arrested, have that child removed from that situation, etc...) But what if they're wrong? If they're not sure?? Too many people are afraid of being sued, etc. for pointing the finger at someone mistakenly -even if with good intentions. I think this makes people afraid to step in over just a hunch.

I still want to know what her revenge on GA is about. If you don't think he abused her, what do you think might be the problem?

My theory is that GA tried to hold her accountable for her actions and CA squashed GA's parenting. I'm not sure, but because GA tried to verify she wasn't working at one point and CA told him to mind his own business, that is what leads me to that theory.

Thoughts?

I think you are 100% right. I also think that CA was trying to "win GA over" when she was meeting with him in the jailhouse, telling him what a great father he was because she did not want him to testify before the Grand Jury. That cutting remark KC made to CA and GA about "they had options" to get her out on bond and did not do so was a very sore point for her.

She probably won't go home because there is nothing more for her to steal from them. The house is over mortgaged. The car's not usable. CA is not working. If GA is working he does not run his check through a bank but gets cash from Amscot and pays his bills there. No more money in that household to steal. Cash Cow is gone. The family has outlived their usefulness. She will go where the money is. My guess is JB will find her something to do in Miami just to get her out of his hair. JB, himself, said Miami was the perfect place to have the trial. It's the perfect place to hide, the perfect place to disappear. I don't think she is in danger from the public at large but she was safer in jail, at least for a couple of years. But she is a problem for defense now, big expense and she will not go away quietly. Unless, of course, they buy her a one-way ticket to Costa Rica. Reminds you of the picture "Fugitive". lol jmo

Thoughts?

I thought her revenge on George was because he told the police he definitely smelled decomposition in the car and because he testified against her at the Grand Jury hearing. Plus that he wanted her to tell Tim Miller where to search for Caylee. Because George knew she was lying and he tried to make him tell her the truth when she was out on bond.

Maybe also that he never took up for her against Cindy in the years before Caylee and then after Caylee arrived? He wanted Casey to be a decent girl, woman, and mother, but she refused?

The fact that he stood up for Caylee beginning in July 2008 was enough to make him pay.

Sure he told the public and the media one thing, but secretly told the police he thought his daughter was guilty. When the tapes began being released (police interviews), Casey cut off contact with her family during her earlier jail stays, and spent every minute possible in Jose's office, not with her family when she was on bond. After the indictment, no jailhouse visits.

I also don't see how she could go back home and they family could take her in. How could they live with her knowing what happened to Caylee? How could they evre be comfortable knowing she could be planning her revenge on THEM?

Just for starters, the following things she will have to have when she walks, because it’s what she had before she was arrested on a ****ing whim.

She will have to have a place to live.
She will have to have a TV, Computer and Cell Phone
She will have to have furniture.
She will have to have food.
She will have to have toiletries.
She will have to have clothes.
She will have to have a vehicle.
And most of all, she will have to have MONEY

I don’t think JB, CM, DCS, MM or anyone else on the DT will put up the money for her security and housing, nor, would any of them put up the money to send her for counseling. That alone would run in the thousands of dollars unless, they use the Grief Counselor lady and she councils her for FREE.

KC comes out with a HUGE amount of money to pay back to the State and IRS for starters. Also, she has the $4,000.00 to pay the court on the 4 charges of lying to LE. Who will pay that for her???

I can’t see CM or JB footing the bill for any of this. If the judge sanctions JB like he said he would after the trial was over, JB might have his own money problem to worry with. Granted, the last one was less than $600.00, but still, I don’t see him taking on her money baggage.

If KC went to live with CM and his wife, it will not last long. The minute she is given rules by them she will hate them. When money comes up missing from them and they accuse her what will she do to them? When she starts demanding CM’s attention and showing hatred to his wife and family because she thinks she deserves all the attention, what will happen? I can’t see CM or his wife, letting her come live with them. I don’t see JB letting her go live with him. He has already seen how she is when she does not get her way. Who’s going to give her a job? JB, CM?

WHO will take this hated person into their home and lives, subject themselves and their family to the problems that will follow her for the rest of her life?

The only ones that would take her in would be Cindy and George. Remember, Cindy stated on the stand under oath, she and KC are alike. George also stated on the stand and under oath, he would do anything to save her life. They would let KC come back in that home and George, Cindy and KC would live happily ever after less Caylee. Or, I think maybe the Jurors can take turns letting her live with them.

Do we know if she has any money left in her commissary account?

I dont know....JB putting ICA in a house and getting her ready reminds me of when P. T. Barnum bought Junbo in 1882 for $10,000 and brought her to the states to put on display.

Both took a large outlay of funds, but in the end they were both money makers. :floorlaugh:

I didn't say dulas deliver babies but that midwives and dulas deliver babies - the dula works to support the mother during the process but in my experience and have friends who used the process, the dulas never quite made it to the birthing scene.

Oh I didn't say you couldn't be referred to an OBGYN at any time if you wanted to see one or if you believe you have issues - of course you can. And women are seeing them more and more often because the average age of women giving birh has risen and so have the complications - dramatically.

My point was - an OBGYN is a specialist - and I have had to opportunity to see one whenever I wanted to. But pregnancy is a natural state, and if a woman is healthy, an OBGYN isn't an essential part of pregnancy.

Hi, I worked in L&D in a hospital for 30yrs. If someone in their 3rd trimester, who claims to have had periods throughout the pregnancy, who claims to not have known she was pregnant, had no prenatal care was to seek out a family practice dr or a nurse midwife they would refer that patient to an ob/gyn. An ob/gyn is the appropriate kind of dr to do a detailed ultrasound to determine the estimated due date based on fetal growth (femur length, weight). Very few family practice docs or midwives would take that on. The delaying of prenatal care is also a red flag for other problems of the "social" kind. Where I worked it was pretty much an automatic drug screen on mom and a meconium drug test on baby at birth, depending on just how late care began. Meconium drug testing on baby can detect the exposure to drugs for a longer time that they can be detected in the mother. Does anyone know how many weeks they thought she was when diagnosed? I just can't see any provider other than an ob/gyn willing to risk the repercussions over mis-calculating a due date and delivering a premature baby. Laws may vary from state to state but most hospitals conform to standards set by JCAH.

Let me add, too, that your story gives the impression of your daughter as being a loving stepmother.

My original comment was more as a statement on society as a whole. Not all mothers are loving as your daughter seems to be. They don't notice when their children are stressed. Or when the kids "are not right." It's sad, but true.

I based my comments on personal experience growing up in my own dysfunctional family, as well as observing the lives of my own profoundly more disturbed extended family. If the family isn't right. If the family isn't observant- sexual abuse can exist and no one will notice. In addition, some doctors do not ask. At least, many years ago, they didn't.

There's also (even today) the issue of "I don't want to get involved." People just don't want to mess around in other people's business. Especially, if they aren't sure there isn't a problem. (If they knew for absolute certainty a child was being sexually abused, yes- I think most people would call law enforcement, have the accused arrested, have that child removed from that situation, etc...) But what if they're wrong? If they're not sure?? Too many people are afraid of being sued, etc. for pointing the finger at someone mistakenly -even if with good intentions. I think this makes people afraid to step in over just a hunch.

You are absolutely right. I agree 100%. My daughter came into a situation when first seeing the children she knew something was not right and just would not let it go. She even called DCF and they blew her off. Did not come right out and accuse anyone just kept planting seeds when she did see or talk to the Mom. But Mom had some issues with drugs so she was not in a position to really pay attention.

I know school personel do not like to get involved with this type of situation and some parents think the schools do too much meddling in what goes on at home but I really think the school environment should be a safe haven for children to go to a counselor if they feel they have a secret they are not suppose to reveal to adults. If school personel feel there is a problem with a child, counselling should be demanded by the school system as a solution.

When a 15 year old girl becomes pregnant today we do nothing to the person who was responsible, nothing. That should stop. This is a big problem in America and we can't turn our backs on it anymore saying it's not our problem because ultimately it is. We pay for it in tax dollars when those same dollars could go to a scholarship for these young women to help themselves start their lives. It's not fair to expect a 15 year old to the raise a child because she let someone take advantage of her. It's child abuse, plain and simple.

Well, I'm a little OT but I do not think GA did anything to KC. I do not think LA did anything to KC. KC is all about attention. Do I think that there may have been some hanky panky between the kids when they were young? No. The reason I say that is because LA has always been pushed to the side and he accepted it. Would he ever go against his mother to tell on KC, or to hurt KC in any way? Apparently not by how he testified about being excluded in the most important event in the family at that time. Did KC tell her parents LA might be the father? It's possible, it's very possible and he may not have been aware of it. Was that what was discussed in the meeting with JB before the trial? In KC's words: "Remember the words spoken...." "I'm such a good liar."

At the memorial Lee spoke these words: "This family is united." Nothing, nothing could be further from the truth. I can see how KC could have held this family hostage, stolen money from them for years without them filing charges against her and ultimately how she could have gotten away with murder. All the A's had to do was tell the truth. Now she'll be gone, maybe she'll have another child that they will never see and they accomplished the exact opposite of what they set out to do. But we will have to wait and see.

Funny how everything comes full circle. In the beginning we had sightings all over the US with people looking for Caylee. Now they'll be on the watchout for KC. jmo

I dont know....JB putting ICA in a house and getting her ready reminds me of when P. T. Barnum bought Junbo in 1882 for $10,000 and brought her to the states to put on display.

Both took a large outlay of funds, but in the end they were both money makers. :floorlaugh:

But everyone loved Jumbo.

FYI. I don't think CM has enough "fingers" on his hands to keep KC in his neighborhood. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required