2011.07.11- 07.18 Sidebar Thread (Post-Verdict)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it would've mattered. They didn't take the 31 days of partying into consideration.

As NG stated last night: The verdict was struck when the jury was selected.

Don't cha know FCA is gonna be in rare form tonight! Wonder if JB will be spending a few weeks with her until she gets "settled in" to life on the outside... I can just imagine all the FCA sightings we're going to be hearing about - kind of like where's Waldo.

I hope that FCA does a fast fade out, and I would love to see JB get what's coming to him for his ICA trial behavior.

People keep saying this as if the State had no role in jury selection at all...
No one is saying they didn't mess up there. That was their only flaw in this trial and it happened to be fatal for them.

Well, see, I find it highly suspicious that Juror #11 said he thought Casey was guilty during jury selection (no protest from the defense) and it turns out that he elected himself as foreman and all 12 jurors returned with a NOT GUILTY verdict.

When FCA was at the sentencing with her locks flowing freely, talking with Dorothy whats her face, she made a gesture like she was driving - bet she told Dorothy she couldn't wait to drive... wouldn't it be a hoot if she does get behind the wheel of a vehicle & gets pulled over for not having a drivers license??

Well, see, I find it highly suspicious that Juror #11 said he thought Casey was guilty during jury selection (no protest from the defense) and it turns out that he elected himself as foreman and all 12 jurors returned with a NOT GUILTY verdict.

FCA probably begged JB to keep him because he was a hottie.

But it wasn't limited to Mallory. Even if the juror's weren't going to consider any evidence after 6/16/08 (totally absurd), those people who JB elicited testimony from had only known Casey for 2, 4 and 6 months. Most of the contact between Casey and these individuals were not in person, and of those in person contacts, even fewer of them included Caylee. I just can't believe that the prosecutor's weren't all over that!! Oh yea, Casey is such a great mother....blah, blah.... "How many times did you actually see Casey and Caylee together?" "How long were they together in your presence?" Whatever... Who knew that select jurors would have come out in public to specifically point out that all the testimony indicated that Casey was a good mother....Oh..wait...but she wasn't the caretaker. ::::sigh:::::

But it wasn't limited to Mallory. Even if the juror's weren't going to consider any evidence after 6/16/08 (totally absurd), those people who JB elicited testimony from had only known Casey for 2, 4 and 6 months. Most of the contact between Casey and these individuals were not in person, and of those in person contacts, even fewer of them included Caylee. I just can't believe that the prosecutor's weren't all over that!! Oh yea, Casey is such a great mother....blah, blah.... "How many times did you actually see Casey and Caylee together?" "How long were they together in your presence?" Whatever... Who knew that select jurors would have come out in public to specifically point out that all the testimony indicated that Casey was a good mother....Oh..wait...but she wasn't the caretaker. ::::sigh:::::

Exactly. Nothing they said made any sense.

I don't think there's any way the State could have foreseen how clueless they were. When a jury is seated you expect them to review the evidence and make a decision based on that not wild speculation. Maybe the State should have asked #11 to help them since he can read people so well.

I don't buy into conspiracies in a trial like this, and also, wouldn't that be a little bit obvious? Shouldn't he have said "I don't have an opinion either way" ?
And I also do not believe the jury was bullied into their decision until each and every one says so.

I don't think there's any way the State could have foreseen how clueless they were. When a jury is seated you expect them to review the evidence and make a decision based on that not wild speculation. Maybe the State should have asked #11 to help them since he can read people so well.

My remark was simply to point out that both sides agreed on this jury..if Jose had his way, the trial would not even have started yet, he wanted to keep interviewing potential jurors forever...

I wish I could agree with you. I really, really wish I could. But then I might be out of job. j/k

Prosecutors, especially in a death penalty case, should assume the jury needs to be spoon fed. They should assume that they need to rebut the absurd theories presented by the defense. They need to assume that they need to teach the jury about the law. The DT knew it.

All one has to do is to read Lord of the Flies to know that 99% of the time, the leader is going to be chosen on looks and popularity, not talent or expertise. The same thing happens with a jury. People who rely on juries in their daily job should know that they cannot expect a common sense jury. It's understandable that the public would expect it....but those of us who manage litigation for a living know that juries are malleable and that the winner is the one that has the capacity to give them form.

so what do you think casey will request to eat as soon as shes out> mcdonalds or lobster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hills89