2011.07.11 Greta Van Sustern interview with Jury Foreperson

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As per Bill Maher...

If you go outside in the morning, and pick up your newspaper and it is wet, and then you look at your driveway and walkway, and notice that the pavement is wet and that there are puddles... and then you look at the grass and see it is wet...it is safe to say othat it rained in the night... you didn't see the rain... but you know it rained. Your evidence is circumstantial - deductive reasoning. Perhaps the jury didn't realize what circumstantial evidence is all about!

This jury would say that George sprayed the driveway and grass with a hose.

Cheney Mason comes across to me as a very, very angry man. And he WON. Hate to see what he'd be like if he lost. He seems to enjoy nagging "the peasants," when he's not flipping off bystanders between champagne toasts. Still, heads up Cheney, I anticipate, you're about to have a few more problems with your client unchained than you ever will with your fellow US citizens, who like to call a "lynch mob." Good luck buddy. :seeya:

LOL ... he's always come across as pretty pompous, but now he's unbearable ... ITA He could not possibly be any more condescending and obnoxious, could he? Now is not the time, Cheney, to be flipping off everybody and saying I told you so .... ummm ... and in the next breath he talks about death threats made against him .... duh :loser:

lol...its computer logic, sorry, was clowning around a bit

my point was "gray areas" though

Nah, no problem, it actually was the most 'logical' thing I heard about this jury. They added 1+0 and got 0. Only thing that makes sense. :twocents:

Sometimes my kids sneak chocolate chip cookies from the cookie jar. I don't see them actually eat them and they pretend they didn't, but: Missing Cookies + Chocolate Faces = Guilty Kids. I don't conclude "Well since I didn't see them actually eating the cookies, and since they look so cute with those puppy dog eyes and 'sincere' grins, I will assume they didn't eat the cookies. :banghead:

Originally Posted by Duckley

As per Bill Maher...

If you go outside in the morning, and pick up your newspaper and it is wet, and then you look at your driveway and walkway, and notice that the pavement is wet and that there are puddles... and then you look at the grass and see it is wet...it is safe to say othat it rained in the night... you didn't see the rain... but you know it rained. Your evidence is circumstantial - deductive reasoning. Perhaps the jury didn't realize what circumstantial evidence is all about!

This jury would say that George sprayed the driveway and grass with a hose.

Or want to know if the neighbor had a hose and rose earlier in the morning than George ? ... or maybe the neighbor didn't like George so he would get up really early and hose down his driveway and lawn and his morning paper ... ?

There's all kinds of scenarios that could explain it other than the obvious ... it just plain rained ...

Nah, no problem, it actually was the most 'logical' thing I heard about this jury. They added 1+0 and got 0. Only thing that makes sense. :twocents:

Sometimes my kids sneak chocolate chip cookies from the cookie jar. I don't see them actually eat them and they pretend they didn't, but: Missing Cookies + Chocolate Faces = Guilty Kids. I don't conclude "Well since I didn't see them actually eating the cookies, and since they look so cute with those puppy dog eyes and 'sincere' grins, I will assume they didn't eat the cookies. :banghead:

see? gray areas....

Jennifer Ford was the first juror to "jump out there" with the media. What happened to looking at the evidence presented to you when making a decision....if ms ford had the question of how did she make it, where did she make it, she could have found her answers to that IF she'd taken the time to LOOK through the evidence! You don't just give a hurried verdict, get on TV saying you had these questions when the entire world knows you HAD the answers to them if you'd taken the time to LOOK! I don't feel sorry for them, they made their beds & they have to lye in them, imo.

Didn't watch "the foreman" but again, if he thought CA made those searches he must've been sleeping during the Gentiva guy's testimony...I wonder if he even knew why he was on the stand? The ones that didn't take notes in this long case had no interest & had their minds made up from the OS, the ones who did take notes, left the notebooks sitting in the chair when the jury was sent to deliberate.

They apparently couldn't tell the difference between someone who was lying & someone who was embarassed/ashamed when being accused of molesting their own daughter, being a sordid part in the cover up of their own grandaughter (I'm sure the mere thought of him "throwing" his precious grandbaby away like trash was unbearable") in front of the entire world. Then the mistress, I don't know if GA had an affair or not, don't care,but at this point GA had had enough of JB & his smart comments, don't blame him at all....yes, he was combative, so would I, so would you, so would the foreman....if JB had been painting you to be some horrible person from day 1. I didn't find KH's fake azz crying to be credible, i noticed that when GA was asked if he knew her, the tone in his voice when he said something about another name then, "River Cruz", the tone was to me that he had been taken in by this woman & then found her out to be something she's not....I could be wrong but it was a feeling.

George wasn't hiding anything, he's the type person that has to have people like him, has to have that approval, all of this mess embarassed him to no end and he was furious that JB/ICA was blaming him & the only way they had to prove he lies is with a mistress. GA, imo, was the only one of the bunch telling the truth....just look at the picture of his face when he found out she was getting out!

excellent post..wish you were on the jury!!

LOL ... he's always come across as pretty pompous, but now he's unbearable ... ITA He could not possibly be any more condescending and obnoxious, could he? Now is not the time, Cheney, to be flipping off everybody and saying I told you so .... ummm ... and in the next breath he talks about death threats made against him .... duh :loser:

BBM
You're right! Now is NOT the time. By Mason pissing off the public it simply infuriates people even more, which translates to despising Casey even more. If he's so concerned with her safety (and rightly so) he should cool it. He could be signing her death certificate.

You know this never could have happened if George and Cindy hadn't lied from week one to protect Casey. They spun they blamed and they lied. Then they got locked into those lies and it made them appear more guilty. Baez should be paying them for their daughter's defense not the other way around. These parents made Baez's job easy to turn the bus around and head toward George and Lee.

And the jury believed the absolute worst about George with no evidence. Not one shred of evidence. George was put in a position of fighting the appearances that Baez was trying to cast upon him.

It just goes to show. If you are going to murder someone get your friends, your enemies and your family to lie for you. And then pick which one to drive the bus over later on.

Sex, drugs and rock and roll ya know. It sells. And this jury bought the fantasy of the sexual molestation because that was a simpler concept for them to understand rather than the forensic evidence.

Cheney Mason comes across to me as a very, very angry man. And he WON. Hate to see what he'd be like if he lost. He seems to enjoy nagging "the peasants," when he's not flipping off bystanders between champagne toasts. Still, heads up Cheney, I anticipate, you're about to have a few more problems with your client unchained than you ever will with your fellow US citizens, who like to call a "lynch mob." Good luck buddy. :seeya:

And the worst part is Cheney was attacking the defense himself in the media before he joined the DT. There's one interview where he says the defense has no credibility and that casey should just plead now and avoid the circus and that she'll be found guilty.

He is a perfect match for Casey, the Anthony's and the rest of the DT team.

Or want to know if the neighbor had a hose and rose earlier in the morning than George ? ... or maybe the neighbor didn't like George so he would get up really early and hose down his driveway and lawn and his morning paper ... ?

There's all kinds of scenarios that could explain it other than the obvious ... it just plain rained ...

Yah and Cindy might not have remembered if they used the hose that morning, they could have, because she recalls that the grass was looking a little yellow and so it's quite possible that she used the hose that morning and sprayed the pavement and newspapers and everything while hosing the yard.

And Lee is upset because no one woke him up to join in the hose spraying fun.

And then Roy Kronk just may have gotten a little frisky with the hose while reading his meters that morning and he may have sprayed the hose.

And then LE came in and positioned the hose JUST SO, in order to make it look like the hose was not used.

And anyone else that lived in a 10 mile radius of the Anthony home was just lying and saying it rained that morning because they all have it out for the sweet little angel Casey.

So yah, there are lots of explanations besides the simple fact that it rained. :banghead:

The fact that she is a relatively pretty, young woman definetly played into this.

I couldnt say for sure if it did or didnt. I know it had/has no reflection on my opinion. it all began with digust, so it is hard to find an attraction when it was disgust at first? besides, I think she has horns growing from her eye brows that extend over her forehead into her scalp?

BBM
You're right! Now is NOT the time. By Mason pissing off the public it simply infuriates people even more, which translates to despising Casey even more. If he's so concerned with her safety (and rightly so) he should cool it. He could be signing her death certificate.

Me thinks he's not taking his wife's advice ... I'll bet she's tried to talk some sense into him ... he's just making things worse ... HE'S the one who needs to move on ...

IMO he does not believe KC is innocent at all ... none of her team does, IMO ... I think most people think this ... so don't antagonize, you won, be happy, go away ... jeeze

see? gray areas....

It's called Circumstantial evidence (along with the ACTUAL evidence that the jury never paid attention to). There are very few murderers out there that take video and pictures of them committing the crimes. If that were the case, we'd never need these trials to begin with.

This jury didn't stop by just saying "Oh, there just wasn't enough proof". No, they went on to say that they found George to be questionable and believed a lot of the Defense theories. So it's okay for them to ACQUIT her based on "gray areas" but not convict her?

There was NOTHING to even suggest a drowning, but there was plenty to suggest a murder (thrown in a swamp, in garbage bags, duct tape, chloroform levels in car and searches, etc).

You know us emotional types....thank goodness we have logical people like you and the jury around to keep us straight! So! Would you please look over the Foreman's explanation and explain it logically to me?

Well let me have a go at it. Here goes
Um what was the question :crazy:
Oh yeah about GA's girlfriend / helper No wait, that wasn't it. Ya know I've been on the go here alot. We have to work for almost 1 straight hour and we're allowed a lousy 25 min. SPECIAL BREAK
And then we gotta come back and sit for another half hr. till we're called to lunch. Oh Hey, "Make that GOURMET too fella". Got to get back, we're alittle past our 1 1/2 hr lunch and the DESSERT LADY won't be here for another hour from what I understand. Got to get back to that sleazy $200. a night suite the State is paying for. Steak Night? I thought Sea Food, darn !!
What was the question again?

Well let me have a go at it. Here goes
Um what was the question :crazy:
Oh yeah about GA's girlfriend / helper No wait, that wasn't it. Ya know I've been on the go here alot. We have to work for almost 1 staright hour and we're allowed a lousy 25 min. SPECIAL BREAK
And then we gotta come back and sit for another half hr. till we're called to lunch. Oh Hey, "Make that GOURMET too fella". Got to get back, we're alittle past our 1 1/2 hr lunch and the DESSERT LADY won't be here for another hour from what I understand. Got to get back to that sleazy $200. a night suite the State is paying for. Steak Night? I thought Sea Food, darn !!
What was the question again?

I really do think a lot of this kind of talk is quite unfair (and completely unfounded), but obviously people are entitled to express their opinions.

I do wonder how much this is going to affect high profile capital cases in the future. I think there are enough issues with people finding excuses not to sit on juries, but it will be worse now.

I really do think a lot of this kind of talk is quite unfair (and completely unfounded), but obviously people are entitled to express their opinions.

I do wonder how much this is going to affect high profile capital cases in the future. I think there are enough issues with people finding excuses not to sit on juries, but it will be worse now.

Well if it prevents people like the Casey Anthony jurors, then GOOD.

yes it was before the verdict was read. we commented here how inappropriate it was. something stinks!

I call this a MAFIA JURY,people may not like..but no DT lawyer acts like that when their client is facing death at trial..I never seen ANY lawyer act like that when the jury is out deliberating their clients fate..it just not reasonable for someone to act like,That pic just rubbed me the wrong way!
WOW!!

And then Roy Kronk just may have gotten a little frisky with his hose while reading meters that morning and he may have sprayed his hose.

Fixed it for ya :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member