2011.07.11 Greta Van Sustern interview with Jury Foreperson

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, their job was to prove premeditated murder beyond a reasonable doubt. They didn't do that, IMO. The jury can't just "give" a guilty verdict because they want to find justice for Caylee. It doesn't work that way.

BBM
On 1st degree and lesser included charges.
There were other counts that did NOT include premeditation, they could have convicted her on.:waitasec:

YES. Something Juror #3 said that sticks with me is that she said her freedoms were taken away in being sequestered - twice she used the word freedoms.

Oh please. A single woman with no kids, gets to stay at a NICE hotel for free, cry me a damn river. There needs to be a way to weed out these idiots from juries.

I'm convinced that this Jury sat in on a totally different trial than the one I watched every day for 6 weeks on wftv.com. That is the only explanation for this travesty. Listening to these jurors makes it all worse. Honestly, after the verdict I was outraged, but I thought the Jurors would come forward and explain themselves in a way where I would at least come to respect their decision and understand how they came to it. But no, their interviews have had the complete opposite effect! STAY IN HIDING JURORS! For the sake of my sanity, please, go and join Juror 12 whereever she is hiding out.
Anyone that can insult JA's behavior and commend JB for being professional is living on another planet.

IIRC, he said sometimes he'd look over at ICA & think if he voted "guilty" she could get the DP even tho he was told by JP not to consider that during the trial phase.

He's given us more then enough reason to believe he had most of the instructions butt-backwards & this is WHO the jury thought was the BEST choice to be 'foreman'? Scary!

Turns out he's the one that voted entirely on emotion. :loser:

It just really bothers me that they could not figure out WHY george might be a bit 'combative' on the witness stand. JB has the bus in high gear, aiming to roll right over him, and George was trying to stand up out of the way. But these jurors act all outraged that he could ' not just say yes or no.'

# 11 totally missed the point about the gas cans. Baez was trying to frame George with that tape on the gas can so of course George was putting up a fight. But #11 just said he was combative. WHO WOULDN'T BE if they were accused of child rape and murder?

NOW it sickens me, but I really truly think the jury really REALLY liked JB.

I never would post here during the trial about how the prosecutors were so boring to me and well....stuffed shirts. I LOVE them! Don't get me wrong, but....

It's sad and sick and whenever I see a replay of JB, I need to go take a shower; but, I think this jury looks up to him, admires him and feels like they could go have a beer with him.

No, their job was to prove premeditated murder beyond a reasonable doubt. They didn't do that, IMO. The jury can't just "give" a guilty verdict because they want to find justice for Caylee. It doesn't work that way.

What about the lesser charges? Neither of those was proven beyond a REASONABLE doubt?

The jury foreman was incensed by JA's "smirk" during JB's closing and his "pig in a blanket" reference!!! GOOD GRIEF---hope 'bout getting incensed about something IMPORTANT---like decomp in the car, death banded hair, 31 days, duct tape, etc. etc. etc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I guess JB's perpetual smirk was okay. And who could forget JB's awful "cut the cheese" comment. And that smarmy smile he gave the jury every time they came in, didn't he see how fake it was? Despicable. And Greta's interview skills are pitiful, she missed so many good questions.

YES. Something Juror #3 said that sticks with me is that she said her freedoms were taken away in being sequestered - twice she used the word freedoms.

Yah, and she's the one that, according to all the reports and descriptions after Jury selection, seemed to want to be on the jury. She was loving the idea of free room and board in a nice hotel for a few weeks.

Oh please. A single woman with no kids, gets to stay at a NICE hotel for free, cry me a damn river. There needs to be a way to weed out these idiots from juries.

Before the trial started a few were upset with this juror being seated. They thought she was a little too eager to be on the jury. To date she seems to have hit the most shows.

He said there was one person who was felt strongly about her guilt. Whoever that juror is, please come forward and tell what really took place.

For some reason I think it was # 7. She was the only one crying as the vertict was read.

What about the lesser charges? Neither of those was proven beyond a REASONABLE doubt?

#3 said she could have found her guilty of lesser charges if she had been charged with them. She didn't even know there were lesser charges. She also said she didn't need to deliberate so I guess she slept through this part. I wonder how she would feel if a jury behaved this way and it was her dead 2 year.

Exactly! I wish Greta would have asked if he thought that was appropriate.
I also wished she would have asked why they didn't need to review any evidence. Were they all able to take in and totally comprehend the scientific evidence, or did they just go with JB's cliff notes version on the closing.

Did #11 mention the poster of Casey's Imaginary Friends with all the big :) faces? Probably his favorite part of the entire trial.

So he 'felt' it was his duty to convince that juror that he/she was wrong?

That's the way I took it. I need to listen again because that's when he started talking in circles.

Greta took the interview from last night off her web page. I heard Vinnie played it today and took it apart sentence by sentence. I've been looking for a replay.

I'm hoping he will come forward with what they actually did.How did they convince him to go from felony murder to NG? He does seem distressed .

http://www.tampabay.com/incoming/article1179177.ece

They kept adding to that story during the day but it seems finished now. It seems to me he was the most solid for a guilty verdict on manslaughter, the other five fell away and eventually left just him. Then he changed his vote. It also seems six weren't even going to deliberate or entertain the thought of anything. That's the impression I get from him.

I will still never understand how convicting of her lying was a 'gimme' but believing her defense stories was just fine. I don't get it.

From as much as I can tell from just reading words, juror 2 seems upset. The others who have come out on TV don't seem to be very upset. They say they're disgusted and stuff, but they don't seem it. It didn't keep Jennifer Ford from beating a path to Disney.

Didn't juror #2 state that he was the last hold out? Of course, we would need verification of that.

He did.

ETA: I got the facts mixed up.I need some of CA's pills. 10-2 against felony 1 (so 2 did want it)
then 6-6 for manslaughter.Started to lose votes and he was the last holdout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member