2011.08.05 Hearing on Casey's probation

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My favorite new word that someone came up with on this forum which labeled the despised Casey Anthony's condition while incarcerated:

Jailabation!

I'm just sick of Mr. Baez's smirky attitude that if it's a bank error in his favor---well, he gets to keep the money....

Ugh. Phooey.

---
- OM$.02=only my two (non)cents
You know I'm not a professional and don't claim to be! Lol.

Since I missed eveything yesterday, I'm gonna guess that no decision has been made yet?

Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

Since I missed eveything yesterday, I'm gonna guess that no decision has been made yet?

Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

HHJP needs time. He can't find any precedent and lord knows, he doesn't function w/o them.

Did I just hear the Anthony's are planning on launching their money-making scheme in honor of Caylee's birthday?

:maddening: Yep, you heard right ! Despicable ... Absolutely Despicable !

:waitasec: I guess that's why CA did not show up in court this morning ...

And don't we all just want to move on...as angry as we all can get over this whole case we do want to move on. The problem is this family still is trying to make money off of the death of this child, both Mom and the Grandparents and that is what keeps us tied to the case. It is against nature's law to kill your child. If you believe in a God, it's against your religious beliefs to kill your child. And yet, here we are with this family doing exactly what normal people feel is an outrage to use the tragic death of your child as a means to make money. Their very actions in and of itself precludes us from believing that this was ever an accident. Does not matter what the jury has ruled as we had our eyes open a long time ago by doing the exact thing the jury didn't. Paying attention and reading and viewing the evidence the State provided. We did not get paid by the State of Florida by we did have enough interest to consider, debate and conclude all the views which were presented here.

If anything should happen to Ms. Anthony, God forbid, I would blame her team. Shopping in NYC for the best deal for KC does not show KC has learned anything from her time spent in prison. You sleep with dogs...you get up with fleas and she's already scratching. Let's hope she comes to her senses. She's already been given enough luck to last her a lifetime. Will she continue to gamble, probably, but the luck is always on the side of the house. This is another hallway in her life and I'm guessing she'll try to make it all the way to the end. jmo

Lamb, thanks wasn't enough. I think this was post of the decade.

:maddening: Yep, you heard right ! Despicable ... Absolutely Despicable !

:waitasec: I guess that's why CA did not show up in court this morning ...

Where can I learn about this "money making scheme" they Anthony's have conjured up? I've seen a few references to it in this thread but no links and not enough info for me to Google. Sorry to be a bother. :seeya:

She's definitly not a low risk ... look what she did ... murdered her daughter and threw her away like trash ... stole from everybody who's money or checkbooks she could get her hands on .

Sadly there is legally and reality. Legally a check fraud under $1,000 and lying to the police is low level stuff. Oh how I hate to remind you, but Casey was acquitted of murder. The law can only look at what is. As in a conviction. Not what is real in this case. And this case points this out ever so clearly.IMO 12 people are the key fault here. Home, interviews and book deals meant far more then Caylee to them.

Have we seen the notice of termination? I read here that it was addressed to Ms. Casey instead of Ms. Anthony. I would like to read this.
TIA

Nevermind. Found it-
http://www.issues.cc/uploads/24881575464.jpg

Dear Ms. Casey

You are hereby notified that you completed your term(s) of supervision 01/24/2011, as referenced above and are no longer under the supervision of the Department of Corrections.

I would like to extend to you best wishes for a very successful future.

If you were adjudicated guilty and on supervision for a felony offense, please see attached information sheet prepared by the Office of Executive Clemency, entitled Restoration of Civil Rights, Pardons, Pardons without Firearm Authority, Firearm Authority, Remission of Fines and Forfeitures updated march 25, 2011, for information regarding the restoration of civil rights process. The information sheet and application can be accessed on the following website for future reference: https//fpc.state.fl.us/clemency.htm or call (850) 488-2952

Sincerely,
Natalie Lewis, CPS

They are worried for the felon's safety? If there was never any fuss about her, nobody knew her and a judge was just going by what what was in front of him on paper .........

+respectfully snipped+

Makes you wonder doesn't it. Let's imagine for a moment that this felon was a nobody gang member who had found himself in the sights of the wrong people.
Would there be such (indeed any) concern or interest in whether he was in danger due to being released back to his own streets? Very much doubt it. Why should MissCA receive any more favorable treatment than Mr Common?

+respectfully snipped+

Makes you wonder doesn't it. Let's imagine for a moment that this felon was a nobody gang member who had found himself in the sights of the wrong people.
Would there be such (indeed any) concern or interest in whether he was in danger due to being released back to his own streets? Very much doubt it. Why should MissCA receive any more favorable treatment than Mr Common?

Mr. Common attorney did not think the trouble Mr. Common caused would reap him a profit. Ms. Anthonys attorneys consider her an investment with compounded interest.JMO

This from Hornsby's site........

http://blog.richardhornsby.com/

The “Catch”
But by withholding adjudication there was a legal catch. Under Florida Statute 948.01, a judge cannot withhold adjudication of guilt on a felony UNLESS they also place the person on probation.

And that is exactly what Judge Strickland did, even though everyone knew she was being held in jail on No Bond for the murder case, Judge Strickland ORALLY pronounced that she was sentenced to the 412 days she already spent in jail on the check fraud charges, but for each count he Withheld Adjudication of Guilt on, he also placed her on One Year of Supervised Probation to be served “once released.”

Does this mean she served her 412 days in jail toward the check fraud charges only? If so, where is the punishment for the "lying to police" x 4? Did Florida overlook that?

+respectfully snipped+

ITA and I hope that HHBP will not base his decision on the probation based on whether or not KC is in 'danger' or not. I would think that LOTS of convicts are in some sort of danger when they are released... drug dealers, people that turned State's evidence, etc etc etc. I personally don't think that should be a factor in this decision at all. :twocents:

Have we seen the notice of termination? I read here that it was addressed to Ms. Casey instead of Ms. Anthony. I would like to read this.
TIA

Nevermind. Found it-
http://www.issues.cc/uploads/24881575464.jpg

Dear Ms. Casey

You are hereby notified that you completed your term(s) of supervision 01/24/2011, as referenced above and are no longer under the supervision of the Department of Corrections.

I would like to extend to you best wishes for a very successful future.

If you were adjudicated guilty and on supervision for a felony offense, please see attached information sheet prepared by the Office of Executive Clemency, entitled Restoration of Civil Rights, Pardons, Pardons without Firearm Authority, Firearm Authority, Remission of Fines and Forfeitures updated march 25, 2011, for information regarding the restoration of civil rights process. The information sheet and application can be accessed on the following website for future reference: https//fpc.state.fl.us/clemency.htm or call (850) 488-2952

Sincerely,
Natalie Lewis, CPS

If were going by "technicalities" on errors made by the State, this letter is null and void IMO. The defense likes using "technical errors" when it works to their advantage. If they really wanted to, couldn't they claim that this letter is not addressed to the proper person, thereby extending her time to be on probation right up to the day she was released?

+respectfully snipped+

That is an easy one Sir. A dead Casey from a vigilante would be the worse case scenario left for the Florida court system. A nobody, gets no notice or news. Casey is news! And that is the difference. Political perception here by the Florida court people, one and all. They are at a new low level for State courts now. And they do not want to go any lower with this question being asked. "Why did you not protect a person proven innocence of murder with your actions? "Heck, the talking heads media would fry the sorry butts off more then right now.IMO Justice and politics are not mixing here worth a da..........

If were going by "technicalities" on errors made by the State, this letter is null and void IMO. The defense likes using "technical errors" when it works to their advantage. If they really wanted to, couldn't they claim that this letter is not addressed to the proper person, thereby extending her time to be on probation right up to the day she was released?

I doubt it, because even though they used the wrong name in the greeting, they did have it correct in the recipient portion.

However, if what I heard during the hearing, that they checked with the jail to see if she was still there and ticked off her name on their list, counts for probation, something is definitely lacking in this system.
We don't even know if they called the jail or merely pulled up the website. Heck, I could do that, mark her name off and draw a check for my efforts.
If this is what they are calling probation, IMO, it falls way short of doing anything substantial. One meeting on Feb 2 and nothing after that.
How does that work for any inmate in putting them on the right path?

This from Hornsby's site........

http://blog.richardhornsby.com/

The “Catch”
But by withholding adjudication there was a legal catch. Under Florida Statute 948.01, a judge cannot withhold adjudication of guilt on a felony UNLESS they also place the person on probation.

And that is exactly what Judge Strickland did, even though everyone knew she was being held in jail on No Bond for the murder case, Judge Strickland ORALLY pronounced that she was sentenced to the 412 days she already spent in jail on the check fraud charges, but for each count he Withheld Adjudication of Guilt on, he also placed her on One Year of Supervised Probation to be served “once released.”

Does this mean she served her 412 days in jail toward the check fraud charges only? If so, where is the punishment for the "lying to police" x 4? Did Florida overlook that?

That is a great question.

I doubt it, because even though they used the wrong name in the greeting, they did have it correct in the recipient portion.

However, if what I heard during the hearing, that they checked with the jail to see if she was still there and ticked off her name on their list, counts for probation, something is definitely lacking in this system.
We don't even know if they called the jail or merely pulled up the website. Heck, I could do that, mark her name off and draw a check for my efforts.
If this is what they are calling probation, IMO, it falls way short of doing anything substantial. One meeting on Feb 2 and nothing after that.
How does that work for any inmate in putting them on the right path?

Maybe the corrections officers should ask for double pay,since they were the ones actually overseeing Casey's "probation"

@stevehelling
Steve Helling
Wasn't there once a toddler involved in the #caseyanthony case? A pretty two-year-old? Or am I imagining things?

That is an easy one Sir. A dead Casey from a vigilante would be the worse case scenario left for the Florida court system. A nobody, gets no notice or news. Casey is news! And that is the difference. Political perception here by the Florida court people, one and all. They are at a new low level for State courts now. And they do not want to go any lower with this question being asked. "Why did you not protect a person proven innocence of murder with your actions? "Heck, the talking heads media would fry the sorry butts off more then right now.IMO Justice and politics are not mixing here worth a da..........

That's not exactly true. Even a nobody is somebody to the survivor or victim of the crime they committed. Virtually anyone who "gets off" on a murder charge will technically be at risk for revenge or vigilante justice by family members or friends of the murder victim. JMO

As compared to Jeff Ashton laughing in open court during the Defense's Closing Arguement.

I agree that was a mistake on Ashton's part but, does not fare well in comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89