2011.10.15 Diapers and Backpack found #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
People donate items to shelters that they own, but can't use. Grandma may have stocked up on diapers in 2008 and donated these to a shelter recently because she realized she wasn't going to have more tiny grandchildren. My mom still has sippy cups in her cabinet and her youngest grandchild is in junior high. I think this is "wishful thinking". :)

Lol, I didn't know any of my children posted here. :giggle:

Thank you for all the research on the diapers. I had no clue one can find out so much info online based on a partial photo of a diaper bag. You guys are amazing!

It could've been other family who remade the bed. No one knows for sure. But I have no doubt that Lisa slept in her crib throughout her young life in that house. That photo shows the room after LE was in there, and it was not the norm. Her parents took the time to decorate Lisa's room, so they obviously took pride in giving their baby a nice place to sleep.

In that photo we do not see Lisa's blanket or her Glo-worm. That leads me to believe that LE took the bedding and anything else left in the crib that may have been evidence, did their work effectively, and turned it back over to the family. I think some family member re-made the crib because the sight of it stripped down bothered them. Or maybe they just wanted it to look nice for TV. But I do not think DB or JI went into that room and nonchalantly piled stuff into their missing baby's bed.

IDK... I tend to think that if someone made Lisa's bed up to look nice on TV they wouldn't have piled all that other stuff in it because it made it look a little depressing. Like they weren't expecting the baby back any time soon so they could just as well use her crib for storing other useless baby stuff.

People donate items to shelters that they own, but can't use. Grandma may have stocked up on diapers in 2008 and donated these to a shelter recently because she realized she wasn't going to have more tiny grandchildren. My mom still has sippy cups in her cabinet and her youngest grandchild is in junior high. I think this is "wishful thinking". :)

Sorry....didn't see your post - gotta be quick around here!

I don't know this for sure, but most food pantrys/homeless shelters, give away items that have either been discontinued or are expired. That could be the case with these. Either way, the picture I posted advertising new Luvs 60 ct are the exact same package.

My church does that all the time. They take day old bread, day old meat, exp. diapers, to our homeless shelter and food closet.

imo

I don't believe that diapers from 2008 would still be on the shelves, although, anything is definitely possible.

This may be a bit O/T but I often times buy larger sized diapers for baby shower gifts. I do this with clothes as well. I do this because I know that new parents get lots of newborn clothes and diapers and then the baby grows out of them so quickly. I like to buy them things they can wear when they are closer to 12 months because by that time, the child has outgrown a lot of the things they have gotten for the shower/birth.

As far as I understand it, nothing of Lisa's has actually been found. The diapers and backpack weren't connected to this case. No trace of Lisa or any of Lisa's items have been found yet. Correct me if I'm wrong.

They may have been but may not have been leaked to the media.

So much of this case has been hush hush.

The packaging on that package appears to be outdated. In every way that I searched, the new size 3 Luvs has a different photo than the one shown, thus helping to show that these diapers were older diapers. Of course, they could have bought ahead on diapers and just had them there, but it appears these diapers were from over a year ago.

I watch Extreme Couponing and some of those people buy stockpiles for years down the line. As for why the previous person may have left them is perhaps their child was wearing this size when they started potty training and went up to pull ups. I know when that happened with my kids, I ended up with unused leftover diapers.

I also think that the reason they are probably discarded as important could be what other articles were left behind as well. If the house was otherwise empty other than diapers and baby food, I would be suspicious. But if there were lots of other household items left behind, say laundry detergent, other food items, etc...it would appear that everything was from someone who actually lived there at some point rather than someone just hiding out for the past 2 weeks.

We got some gifts that were too big for the newborn baby and I stored them away and when I discovered them again he had outgrown them. Luckily there was another baby a couple of years later that could use them :)

I've still got a half-full diaper bag from about 2007. It was left over from my oldest son when he gave up the night diapers. I was saving it for the younger children but they both were smaller size when they learned to stay dry at night.

Honestly, if the people who once lived there had kids, I don't see why this is a big deal?

I still had some small diapers from my second child when I had my third. And I also used some of the old plastic diaper bags to pack away outgrown baby clothes and toys. I'm absolutely sure there are still some old diapers tucked away in my closet and my youngest is 15!

Not every diaper found in that neighborhood is a clue, imo. :twocents:

(respectfully snipped)

IDK... I tend to think that if someone made Lisa's bed up to look nice on TV they wouldn't have piled all that other stuff in it because it made it look a little depressing. Like they weren't expecting the baby back any time soon so they could just as well use her crib for storing other useless baby stuff.

That was my first impression seeing Lisa's bed. Perhaps LE did that but the photo does appear as if to say she isn't coming home.

:(

But what difference does that make if they're looking for a child? Dead or alive, you search everywhere.

"Everywhere" covers a lot of ground, and the wider the net the bigger the holes.

In any case, if you read the comments on the aritcle, the lady who lived there claims the diapers were hers and that she has also told this to the police. It is pretty easy to tell at a glance if garbage has been somewhere for a week or if it's been there for a year. You don't need anything more than your eyes for that one.

I suspect the police are not currently looking for diapers, they are looking for Lisa's body, and in my opinion when they find it mommy is going to jail.

"Everywhere" covers a lot of ground, and the wider the net the bigger the holes.

In any case, if you read the comments on the aritcle, the lady who lived there claims the diapers were hers and that she has also told this to the police. It is pretty easy to tell at a glance if garbage has been somewhere for a week or if it's been there for a year. You don't need anything more than your eyes for that one.

I suspect the police are not currently looking for diapers, they are looking for Lisa's body, and in my opinion when they find it mommy is going to jail.

I just don't see it this way. An empty house less than a mile from theirs. When you think of PD combing the area, knocking on doors, you think these diapers would already have been found and analyzed. It worries me that the baby is going to turn up right under their noses, just like Caylee did.

I just don't see it this way. An empty house less than a mile from theirs. When you think of PD combing the area, knocking on doors, you think these diapers would already have been found and analyzed. It worries me that the baby is going to turn up right under their noses, just like Caylee did.

Likely she will turn up right under their noses, but again we are talking a little body in a great big world -- meaning the police have to focus their limited assets on the most likely areas. In any case, they cannot just search properties because they want to, for all we know some detective slipped that teen everyone is villifying a twenty to take a look (or dropped the "I wish I knew what was in thta house" suggestion in an interview).

I'm wondering why the dogs were upset and barking at a empty house ?

I'm wondering why the dogs were upset and barking at a empty house ?

Great question. A possible answer is that the "dogs were upset" because the teen wanted an excuse to search it and maybe grab a slice of a hundred thousand dollar reward

Great question. A possible answer is that the "dogs were upset" because the teen wanted an excuse to search it and maybe grab a slice of a hundred thousand dollar reward

Iirc they had been barking/upset for several days ?

Been out all day...would so appreciate if someone can give me a quick update on the diaper situation. :heart: TIA...

If she is deceased, I'd rather she turns up right under their noses than not turn up at all.

I watch Extreme Couponing and some of those people buy stockpiles for years down the line. As for why the previous person may have left them is perhaps their child was wearing this size when they started potty training and went up to pull ups. I know when that happened with my kids, I ended up with unused leftover diapers.

I also think that the reason they are probably discarded as important could be what other articles were left behind as well. If the house was otherwise empty other than diapers and baby food, I would be suspicious. But if there were lots of other household items left behind, say laundry detergent, other food items, etc...it would appear that everything was from someone who actually lived there at some point rather than someone just hiding out for the past 2 weeks.

Diapers are sometimes used in producing meth, and IMO LE already knows their use.

I think they believe baby Lisa is dead. Dead babies don't need diapers. If they believed these diapers could have possibly belonged to her they should have collected them.

Isn't that kind of like LE deciding who did it and only collecting evidence that will bolster the case they are making?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back