2012.02.07 - 911 Tapes Released

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I do now also blame the state of Utah. If they had the info about the incestuous images on a computer 2 years ago, and they sat on them while JP had custody of the kids all this time, because they couldn't be bothered to process the paperwork in an expedited fashion and get it to the Coxes' attorney?

There needs to be an outside investigation of the multi-state handling of this murder of two small boys. The FBI needs to look at whether there are pedophile rings slowing down processing of evidence or preventing searches and arrests. A few more computers need to be searched, including personal computers. Too many weird things happened here to make it all coincidence. That is my "emotional" view until someone can show that it routinely takes 2 years for bombshell evidence like that to reach the opposing attorney in a child custody case related to a suspected murder.

Just a little side note: One of my "Program Directors" had a degree in Recreation Services or maybe it was Sciences. He had absolutely no training in social work, psychology, psychiatry, or even sociology. He was transferred to the position of Program Director because it was the only position, in the County, to promote him into. The Administrators are often just that Administrative Managers...Their main qualifications for supervising a facility dedicated to social work, foster care, therapy, etc. and the educated and trained counselors who are under their supervision is often more about managing the budget for the facility or agency...yet, their decisions directly effect the quality of service provided to the clients. Yes, their is usually a "clinical" supervisor but they are typically reporting to the program director or manager.

I do now also blame the state of Utah. If they had the info about the incestuous images on a computer 2 years ago, and they sat on them while JP had custody of the kids all this time, because they couldn't be bothered to process the paperwork in an expedited fashion and get it to the Coxes' attorney?

There needs to be an outside investigation of the multi-state handling of this murder of two small boys. The FBI needs to look at whether there are pedophile rings slowing down processing of evidence or preventing searches and arrests. A few more computers need to be searched, including personal computers. Too many weird things happened here to make it all coincidence. That is my "emotional" view until someone can show that it routinely takes 2 years for bombshell evidence like that to reach the opposing attorney in a child custody case related to a suspected murder.

You are so correct. That two year lapse is what baffles me. That particular evidence was powerful enough for the Judge to order a psycho-sexual evaluation ,at the recommendation of the mental health expert(a last minute addendum). And who knows, it might be also the reason for JP not getting custody back. Was Utah LE keeping that info secret and planning to use it in the Susan's murder charges against JP?.
As to supervised visitations at a private location, that is basically a joke.
Simple slamming of a door can quickly change it to an unsupervised visitation. What a farce.

You are so correct. That two year lapse is what baffles me. That particular evidence was powerful enough for the Judge to order a psycho-sexual evaluation ,at the recommendation of the mental health expert(a last minute addendum). And who knows, it might be also the reason for JP not getting custody back. Was Utah LE keeping that info secret and planning to use it in the Susan's murder charges against JP?.
As to supervised visitations at a private location, that is basically a joke.
Simple slamming of a door can quickly change it to an unsupervised visitation. What a farce.
Yup! That's exactly when the case worker lost control of the sitaution. Perhaps if there had been a faster response time from either LE or the fire dept., the door could've been broken down, and the boys could've been rescued.
Just to be clear- I blame the 911 dispatcher for this- in no way the social worker!

Yup! That's exactly when the case worker lost control of the sitaution. Perhaps if there had been a faster response time from either LE or the fire dept., the door could've been broken down, and the boys could've been rescued.
Just to be clear- I blame the 911 dispatcher for this- in no way the social worker!

Man, there is plenty of blame to spread around in regard to the handling of JP. And the case worker is not one of them.
Safe supervised visitation, post February 1, 2012 with JP and his children, should have included a SWAT team in this instance, and not one lonely defenseless case worker. Or no visitation at all.

First, I do not think JP should have been able to leave the state of Utah just a month after Susan's disappearance.

Could there be a law made that "Person(s) of Interest" cannot leave state if under investigation?

Second, the judge should have never let this happen. If they wanted supervised visitation, at the very least, it should have had him go to a public place where they do searches (ie. courthouse) before allowing him to get glimpse of those children

Lastly, I wonder if it would have helped to have an off-duty (or even on-duty) LE officer accompany the social worker to go ahead of the children to inspect/check things out before even allowing to children out of the car until it had been declared safe and make the parent (JP) pay for this service.

I am so glad websleuths exist, because I am attached to this boys I don't even know, and it sounds like I'm not alone.

First, I do not think JP should have been able to leave the state of Utah just a month after Susan's disappearance.

Could there be a law made that "Person(s) of Interest" cannot leave state if under investigation?

Second, the judge should have never let this happen. If they wanted supervised visitation, at the very least, it should have had him go to a public place where they do searches (ie. courthouse) before allowing him to get glimpse of those children

Lastly, I wonder if it would have helped to have an off-duty (or even on-duty) LE officer accompany the social worker to go ahead of the children to inspect/check things out before even allowing to children out of the car until it had been declared safe and make the parent (JP) pay for this service.

I am so glad websleuths exist, because I am attached to this boys I don't even know, and it sounds like I'm not alone.

See bold.
A person not charged with anything, is not any different than you and I.
And I would prefer to keep it that way.

If such precautions would be required, it would take parental rights to an absurdity level. Besides no guarantee that a creature like JP could not be lurking in a window with an AK-47. Children should never be put in such a dangerous position in the first place.

What part of "this is an emergency" and "I'm afraid for their lives" did he not understand? <modsnip>

I'm not defending the 911 operator but after listening to the tapes, I can't say she comes across as having a potential emergency AT FIRST because she doesn't. It's a 3 or so minutes into the call when she FINALLY mentions she smells gas and at least 5 minutes before she states she feels their life is in danger. She starts off the call with "the weirdest thing has happened.. what should I do?". She EVENTUALLY gets it all out but I can understand how the 911 operator may have felt it wasn't an emergency based on her initial delivery of vital information. I'm sure she was in shock but I'm just saying it's not like he ignored her 'frantic pleading' like what's being reported because it's not how she came off in the beginning of the call, IMHO.

I'm not defending the 911 operator but after listening to the tapes, I can't say she comes across as having a potential emergency AT FIRST because she doesn't. It's a 3 or so minutes into the call when she FINALLY mentions she smells gas and at least 5 minutes before she states she feels their life is in danger. She starts off the call with "the weirdest thing has happened.. what should I do?". She EVENTUALLY gets it all out but I can understand how the 911 operator may have felt it wasn't an emergency based on her initial delivery of vital information. I'm sure she was in shock but I'm just saying it's not like he ignored her 'frantic pleading' like what's being reported because it's not how she came off in the beginning of the call, IMHO.

I was thinking the same thing..she was very patient whereas I would be screaming at the guy. I also think the guy did not understand what "supervised visitation" meant. He seemed to think she was supervising a coworker. Every job has it's lingo that other people may not know. But still the guy was a<modsnip> and should have gotten what was going on a lot sooner. It took 3 minutes for the FD to get there. They could have been saved!

What part of "this is an emergency" and "I'm afraid for their lives" did he not understand? <modsnip>

He was being the 'big'man in control! Makes me absolutely ill. I've death with 911 on numerous occasions and it never changes. The operators question authority and will argue that you don't have an emergency.

How much is NBC paying this<modsnip> for his story! I hope not one red cent!

WHAT?

Doesn't come across as having a potential emergency? Is there another first call out there that I'm not aware of?

Let's look at the EXACT words she spoke during the FIRST FOURTEEN SECONDS of the 911 call!:

"I'm on a supervised visitation for a court ordered visit and something really weird is happened. The kids went into the house and the parent, the biological parent, his name is Josh Powell, will not let me in the door. What should I do?"

Now read what she said 1 minute and 24 seconds into the call:

"I NEED HELP RIGHT AWAY!'

Followed immediately at 1:27 by:

"He's on a very short leash with DSHS (Department of Social and Health Services), and CPS (Child Protective Services) has been involved. And this is the craziest thing.

He looked right at me and closed the door."

Contrary to the misinformation in the above post, the social worker told the 911 operator about smelling gasoline at the 1:47 mark, NOT after 3 minutes or so, as stated above:

"I'd like to pull out of the driveway because I smell gasoline and he won't let me in"

In less than 2 minutes this social worker told the operator:

(1) That she was there to provide supervision for COURT ORDERED visitation between a high profile murder suspect, Josh Powell, and his children.

(2) That he purposefully closed the door locking her out, and refused to allow her inside where the children were.

(3) That she needed help RIGHT AWAY!

(4) That DSHS and CPS were directly involved.

(5) That she smelled gasoline.

What else, exactly, did she need to say or say faster to get help for these children? Any one of those five points shold have gotten cars rolling IMMEDIATELY.

WHAT?

Doesn't come across as having a potential emergency? Is there another first call out there that I'm not aware of?

Let's look at the EXACT words she spoke during the FIRST FOURTEEN SECONDS of the 911 call!:

Now read what she said 1 minute and 24 seconds into the call:

Followed immediately at 1:27 by:

Contrary to the misinformation in the above post, the social worker told the 911 operator about smelling gasoline at the 1:47 mark, NOT after 3 minutes or so, as stated above:

In less than 2 minutes this social worker told the operator:

(1) That she was there to provide supervision for COURT ORDERED visitation between a high profile murder suspect, Josh Powell, and his children.

(2) That he purposefully closed the door locking her out, and refused to allow her inside where the children were.

(3) That she needed help RIGHT AWAY!

(4) That DSHS and CPS were directly involved.

(5) That she smelled gasoline.

What else, exactly, did she need to say or say faster to get help for these children? Any one of those five points shold have gotten cars rolling IMMEDIATELY.

It did not come off to me as an emergency based on her delivery of the information. 1.47 minutes to mention the smell of gasoline is still almost TWO full minutes into the call. The end of the call is when she mentions it could be a life threatening emergency. How about "help!!! two kids are kidnapped inside of a house ! Their father is a murder suspect ! I've been locked out and I smell gasoline!"

What she said was ..

"SOCIAL WORKER: Hey, I&#8217;m on a supervised visitation for a court ordered visit and something really weird is happened. The kids went into the house and the parent, the biological parent, his name is Josh Powell, will not let me in the door. What should I do?" THIS DOES NOT SOUND LIKE AN EMERGENCY, IMHO. Furthermore she states later on "I THINK I need help right away"
I'm not blaming anyone here but I can honestly see where the 911 operator took this as a non-emergency at first and that's all I'm saying. You are entitled to your opinion as I am mine. Period the end.

I'm afraid there is going to be a lot of the people come out of the woodwork to make money off this murder of these two beautiful boys.

I at least would like to see some sort of "Charlie and Braden law" to come out of this and possibly the Powell's saying something by mistake that could lead them to finding Susan.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back