2015.08.27 Curtis Wayne Wright: Charged with Murder in the 2nd Degree

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm confused. Thx in adv. to anyone who can clarify.
IIRC CWW did time for operating meth lab in home (condo?) in Hillsboro, Jefferson County MO that MS owned (at least at that time). But info in link below suggests - CWW did time for meth-lab in residence in Ste Genevieve County, MO.
Are these 2 different crimes & sentences for CWW? Or was the only crim prosecution against CWW in Jefferson County?

From above link:"December 18, 2010 2:00 am
A traffic violation led to the discovery of a meth lab at a Ste. Genevieve County residence Dec. 8.
The Ste. Genevieve County Sheriff’s Office and Ste. Genevieve Police Department conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle that committed a traffic violation.
During the stop, the law enforcement officers became suspicious of illegal activity and obtained consent to search the vehicle. During the search, officers discovered what appeared to be methamphetamine-related paraphernalia as well as a recipe for the manufacturing of methamphetamine and two boxes of pseudoephedrine.
The occupant of the vehicle was identified as Curtis Wayne Wright, Jr., 41. While talking to Wright, officers determined that a possible meth lab was at a residence. They then responded to a house on New Offenburg Road." ^ bbm

LOL! It's before midnight here and I don't think you need to interpret the significance of Build-a-bear and the Apollo 13 CD being connected to Intelligent Technology. You can sleep on it! :D

Apparently Intelligent Technology had something to do with the technology of the Apollo CD, while Odessey Interactive, founded by Emilio Corsetti with three partners, produced it. CWW claims to have been involved with both companies...and more. It's either all true, as Skinner says, and he is a failed genius. Or it's partially true or totally false. I hope we can find out, as it would give us some insight into CWW. But I don't suppose it really matters, since he's going on trial for murder. JMO

http://emiliocorsetti.com/apollo-13/

re: Intelligent Technology
that company is associated with the interactive CD-ROM "Apollo 13, A Week to Remember", as well as
Build-A-Bear Workshop
it's past my midnight so i am going to refrain from interpreting the significance or lack thereof

http://web.archive.org/web/20030212074518/http://www.childstarcam.com/management_team.html
"Wright is a master of numerous software packages, operating systems and programming languages. He has worked in various capacities with several St. Louis-area companies, including Hytech Interactive, Intelligent Technology, Odyssey Interactive Inc., Anheuser-Busch, Inc., Multi-Media Solutions and Build-A-Bear Workshops."

http://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/stories/1999/07/05/smallb2.html
"Intelligent has seven full-time employees and revenue approaching $500,000. The company established the first touchscreen kiosk in the Midwest for Sony Corp., as well as the hybrid (Mac/PC) interactive CD-ROM "Apollo 13, A Week to Remember," chosen as the official CD-ROM for RCA Universal's "Apollo 13" movie."
"Intelligent recently teamed with Build-A-Bear Workshop to develop interactive kiosk software that creates a custom birth certificate or storybook for new bear owners."

I see the award for the Apollo 13 CD listed under honors and awards. He mentions several unnamed "start-up companies." Perhaps because the CD is out of print he doesn't mention the company by name. He seems to have done a lot since then. JMO

His personal website also has some personal information on it about the birth and death of his daughter. I think it's legit. JMO

CD is available on Amazon, both used and allegedly new (New Old Stock, ala eBay?) and I found it on two other computer websites selling surplus stuff. Curious to see whose name/s are on it.

re: Intelligent Technology
that company is associated with the interactive CD-ROM "Apollo 13, A Week to Remember", as well as
Build-A-Bear Workshop
it's past my midnight so i am going to refrain from interpreting the significance or lack thereof

http://web.archive.org/web/20030212074518/http://www.childstarcam.com/management_team.html
"Wright is a master of numerous software packages, operating systems and programming languages. He has worked in various capacities with several St. Louis-area companies, including Hytech Interactive, Intelligent Technology, Odyssey Interactive Inc., Anheuser-Busch, Inc., Multi-Media Solutions and Build-A-Bear Workshops."

http://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/stories/1999/07/05/smallb2.html
"Intelligent has seven full-time employees and revenue approaching $500,000. The company established the first touchscreen kiosk in the Midwest for Sony Corp., as well as the hybrid (Mac/PC) interactive CD-ROM "Apollo 13, A Week to Remember," chosen as the official CD-ROM for RCA Universal's "Apollo 13" movie."
"Intelligent recently teamed with Build-A-Bear Workshop to develop interactive kiosk software that creates a custom birth certificate or storybook for new bear owners."

I'll interpret it... "The company established the first touchscreen kiosk..." established, not developed. I bet Sony hired them to set it up and maintain it. After, you know, SONY developed it. I'll also point out the low revenue, in particular given the number of employees and the industry and time period.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

I'm confused. Thx in adv. to anyone who can clarify.
IIRC CWW did time for operating meth lab in home (condo?) in Hillsboro, Jefferson County MO that MS owned (at least at that time). But info in link below suggests - CWW did time for meth-lab in residence in Ste Genevieve County, MO.
Are these 2 different crimes & sentences for CWW? Or was the only crim prosecution against CWW in Jefferson County?

QUOTE=human;12071398]His meth arrest
http://dailyjournalonline.com/news/...cle_eb6b0f2a-0a4c-11e0-a32b-001cc4c002e0.html

From above link:"December 18, 2010 2:00 am
A traffic violation led to the discovery of a meth lab at a Ste. Genevieve County residence Dec. 8.
The Ste. Genevieve County Sheriff’s Office and Ste. Genevieve Police Department conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle that committed a traffic violation.
During the stop, the law enforcement officers became suspicious of illegal activity and obtained consent to search the vehicle. During the search, officers discovered what appeared to be methamphetamine-related paraphernalia as well as a recipe for the manufacturing of methamphetamine and two boxes of pseudoephedrine.
The occupant of the vehicle was identified as Curtis Wayne Wright, Jr., 41. While talking to Wright, officers determined that a possible meth lab was at a residence. They then responded to a house on New Offenburg Road." ^ bbm[/QUOTE]

From what I can piece together from Casenet-

on 3/23/2009, CWW was in a traffic accident and was charged with following too close (09NM-CR00352) in New Madrid (or their jurisdiction). In addition, he was charged with possession (09NM-CR00351 and 09NM-CR00351-01). On 3/24/2009, a trooper telephoned the court related to the possession charge and informed them that CWW was in the hospital in critical condition (from the traffic accident, I assume).

On 10/13/2009, CWW pled guilty to possession and was sentenced to 5 years in prison, but was given a suspended imposition of sentence, probation, and was required to attend a drug program. (Docket entries from the cases noted above on Casenet).

Then, on 12/8/2010, the situation referred to in the article occurred in St. Gen. (cases 10SG-CR00901 and 10SG-CR00901-01). This time CWW was charged with 10 counts- (1) manufacturing, (2) possession, (3) possession of meth precursor, (4-9) possession of chemicals with intent to mfg, (10) possess of drug para. CWW pled guilty to possession (rest of charges were dropped, I guess) and sentenced to 6 years in prison on 8/23/11.

The St Gen case was a violation of his previous New Madrid probation/SIS. So on 3/13/12 he had a probation revocation hearing on the New Madrid case (back to 09NM-CR00352). Probation revoked, SIS revoked. Sentenced to 5 years in DOC, to run concurrently with the St Gen sentence. Then it says execution of sentence suspended, defendant placed on 5 years probation. All of this happened (or is so documented) on 3/13/12.

In the New Madrid case, it says that his probation was successfully completed as of 1/9/2015.

So, all of this is 2nd, 3rd offenses. First offense is documented in Casenet regarding charges in 1996. At the very most, he appears to have done maybe 3 years in prison, and a few years probation. I wish I understood all the Casenet entries better.

Clear as mud? :thinking:

Quick summary of the 1996 charges, source Casenet cases 2196R-04141 and 2196R-04141-01.

As a result of something that happened on 5/8/1996, in St. Louis County, CWW was charged with (count 1) Dist/Del manuf contr sub and (count 2) unlawful use of a weapon, felony.

12/18/1996- count 1 was amended to possession.

12/18/1996- CWW pled guilty to (count 1) possession. Sentenced to 7 years in prison to run concurrently with sentence from count 2. Suspended execution of sentence, probation, drug treatment.

12/18/1996- CWW pled guilty to (count 2) unlawful use of a weapon (felony). Sentenced to 5 years in prison to run concurrently with sentence from count 2. Suspended execution of sentence, probation.

Probation for these charges was successfully completed on 12/18/2001.

I don't have a hard time believing a criminal could be smart enough to accomplish that glowing resume. On the other hand, I think some of those accomplishments might have been lucrative enough for him to retire early and not have to worry about taking meth to stay up at night.

Perhaps he mastered principles of The 4 Hour Workweek years before Tim Ferriss published the book. That is, maybe he outsourced a lot of work and was an expert in taking credit for the accomplishments.

BTW, I'm not knocking the aforementioned book; it was pretty good.

In 2000, Wright created an internationally distributed patent pending commercial web application allowing fully interactive dynamic e-commerce web sites to be created in minutes for the restaurant industry.

RSBM

Just did a search in the us patent office, and I'm not finding any patents with his name on them.

ETA, I searched all variations on his name, fwiw, and I was quite easily able to pull up other people I know with patents to confirm I was searching correctly.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

RSBM

Just did a search in the us patent office, and I'm not finding any patents with his name on them.

ETA, I searched all variations on his name, fwiw, and I was quite easily able to pull up other people I know with patents to confirm I was searching correctly.

If he was working for someone else at the time, the patent may not be in his name.
Certainly not defending the guy, just saying that sometimes your own creations are not your intellectual property if someone is paying you to create something.

If he was working for someone else at the time, the patent may not be in his name.
Certainly not defending the guy, just saying that sometimes your own creations are not your intellectual property if someone is paying you to create something.
Even when a corporate entity has rights to a patent, it is normal and standard practice for the employee inventors to be listed in the patent application.

ETA typically, the applicant is the corporation, and there's a separate section listing the inventors. Just search the name of any major Corporation and you will see the individual inventors.

Some more on the Apollo XII CD rom... I can't get to the full article, but the abstract is interesting. ..

http://connection.ebscohost.com/c/a...es-25th-anniversary-nasas-apollo-xiii-mission

This article reports that Disc Manufacturing Inc., an independent manufacturer of CD-ROMs headquartered in Chicago, joined forces with two multimedia companies to produce a commemorative CD-ROM for the 25th anniversary of the U.S. National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)'s Apollo XIII Mission. The disc, titled "Apollo XIII: A Week to Remember," was introduced in conjunction with the June 30, 1995 release of the motion picture, "Apollo 13," starring Tom Hanks and directed by Ron Howard. Disc Manufacturing Inc. mastered and replicated the disc, which was produced by Odyssey Interactive, a St. Louis-based multimedia production company. St. Louis Studio Services, a video production facility, supplied the finishing touches by adding original music and voice narration, graphics, and editing.

I have 7 United States patents and many international patents. They're owned by the corporation but my name as inventor is listed and can be searched. His also if he was MAJOR contributor to patent, and was not merely a technical geek hired for some work to help the actual inventors . :moo:

Fwiw .

Using talk to text with lots of grammar errors !

RSBM

The words on CWW’s bio are “In 2000, Wright created an internationally distributed patent pending commercial web application allowing fully interactive dynamic e-commerce web sites to be created in minutes for the restaurant industry.“

Key Words are PATENT PENDING.

Different options for search, most of which can’t be searched by ‘name’ unless you register for e-access.

http://www.uspto.gov/patents-applic...s/check-filing-status-your-patent-application
Check the Filing Status of Your Patent Application
Public PAIR
For documents and status on publicly available patents and applications
Private PAIR
Securely access information on your pending patent application

And this search link only shows Patent Applications since March 2001:
http://patft.uspto.gov/
Search for Patent Applications
AppFT: Applications - Published since March 2001

RSBM

My patent search turned up nothing as well. Note though, the bio says "patent pending" which IMO, is further evidence of "puffing", CWW has not one patent.

In my experience, employees (usually engineers) who are working for a large tech corporation and contribute to patents in the course of their employment, are named "inventors' on the patent. Always. It doesn't matter if they are an independent contractor or employee, the inventor/author/engineer always gets credit. Ownership/Licensing rights are not determined by who is named as an inventor on the patent. The corporation owns the intellectual property because whatever was invented, legally speaking, ia a 'work for hire". If CWW invented or co-invented anything that was patented, or even PENDING at the USPTO, it would be public record even if he was technically "working" for another entity.

A simple peak at any Apple or big tech company patent would confirm ^. Inventors are always named, and being named has zero affect on ownership and subsequent licensing of the patent because the inventors were employees or contracted by Apple.

The words on CWW’s bio are “In 2000, Wright created an internationally distributed patent pending commercial web application allowing fully interactive dynamic e-commerce web sites to be created in minutes for the restaurant industry.“

Key Words are PATENT PENDING.

Different options for search, most of which can’t be searched by ‘name’ unless you register for e-access.

http://www.uspto.gov/patents-applic...s/check-filing-status-your-patent-application
Check the Filing Status of Your Patent Application
Public PAIR
For documents and status on publicly available patents and applications
Private PAIR
Securely access information on your pending patent application

And this search link only shows Patent Applications since March 2001:
1. So the patent has been pending for 15 years? OK..

2. The search I did was for 1976 to present.

ETA. Here's a link to the advanced search from 1976 on..

http://patft.uspto.gov/netahtml/PTO/search-adv.htm

I would think his cutting edge development of a first-of-its-kind multimedia kiosk for Sony (at the age of 17) would also be patentable.

Ok, so the so called patent pending e-commerce site for restaurants created by CWW sounds a lot like SpeedEmenu. SpeedEmenu was TRADEMARKED by TYMYL Corp. of Missouri in 2000. Todd Lifka is associated with TYMYL.

USA: Web Developer Revolutionizes E-commerce for Restaurants with SpeedEmenu
By just-food.com | 11 May 2000
A breakthrough opportunity in e-commerce sales, specially designed for the restaurant trade, will debut May 20 at the National Restaurant Association's Hotel-Motel show in Chicago at 11:30 a.m. in the Press Room of McCormick Place Exposition Center, and Booth #9659 May 20-23, 2000.

To date, the latest automated e-commerce solutions for merchants wishing to have an e-presence on the Internet have been only a single-tiered site meaning that end-user customers are given a "take it or leave it" position on the merchant's e-storefront. This is not a viable option to restaurateurs. Alternatively, merchants seeking web site development with customized menu structuring allowing customers to custom build their order, sandwiches or entrees the way they desire, have been faced with extraordinary development & maintenance costs and lengthy development times.

These costs have been a serious obstacle for many small and midsize companies to justify, especially if the company is not selling its products and services nationally...until now.

Speeded, the first fully automated and full-featured web site creator, goes deep. Multi-tiered menus, which allow merchants to give customers the ability to custom-build an order to their exact specifications. It creates for merchants a very powerful, e-commerce database web site in minutes, on a par with what would normally cost near $100,000 and many months of development time.

SpeedEmenu, created by TYMYL Corporation, will enable restaurateurs to take their entire menus online and receive pre-paid orders from any home or office through their own web site.

Restaurants partnered with SpeedEmenu will enable their customers to simply click on their restaurant's domain name, be instantly linked to the virtual menu, enter their food choices right down to the condiments, pre-pay their selection, and have their order filled by the restaurant for immediate or later retrieval - dine in, carry out or delivery.

Todd Lifka, TYMYL Corporation President and concept developer of SpeedEmenu says that "SpeedEmenu brings restaurants into a new age. It is unique and distinct from all other web services in both its technology and its benefits to the restaurateur. Its depth is a total innovation. There are really no limits to what the merchant can do online through our service. SpeedEmenu also offers a Coupon Page, Gift Certificate Program and even Calendars of Events for hosting entertainment and meetings. Not only that, we walk the restaurateur through the whole process and continue to maintain the service. This is not a hit and run proposition. We're web business partners."

Restaurateurs now have the most powerful new sales resource they can easily implement in minutes for a fraction of the cost and time of traditional and less effective web sites.

See SpeedEmenu at Booth #9659 at the NRA Trade Show, May 20-23, 2000!
http://www.just-food.com/news/web-d...-for-restaurants-with-speedemenu_id90269.aspx

Tymyl Corp.
Tymyl Corp. SpeedEmenuT™, the fully AUTOMATED and full-featured website creator, enable restaurateurs to take their entire menus online, on their very own website, and transact business over the Internet! Customers go directly to the restaurant's domain name, order their food and drink, enter their instructions right down to the condiments, even how they want their steak and eggs prepared, prepay their order with credit card, and have the order filled by the restaurant. The order is printed automatically on the restaurant's printer, through their own website! Customers can then pick up their order with NO waiting. Restaurateurs can administrate price and inventory changes from their own PC, instantly.
SpeedEmenuT™ creates for merchants their very own, powerful, e-commerce database website IN MINUTES, on a par with what would normally cost over $100,000 and many months of development time. Other features include Online Coupons, Internet Gift Certificates, and Calendars. Only $249/monthly! www.speedemenu.com 1-888-252-4242

Trademark information available here:
http://www.tmfile.com/mark/?q=780065465

Yes, I know this trademark info points to a WA address, although I'm certain its the same TYMYL Corp registered in MO.

1. So the patent has been pending for 15 years? OK..

2. The search I did was for 1976 to present.

There are a lot of Patent Pending Applications from a long time ago.

The 1976 search is for PATENTS:
PatFT: Patents
Full-Text from 1976

At the same link, http://patft.uspto.gov the other search option is for Patent applications, but the data is only "since March 2001":

Some more on the Apollo XII CD rom... I can't get to the full article, but the abstract is interesting. ..

http://connection.ebscohost.com/c/a...es-25th-anniversary-nasas-apollo-xiii-mission

This article reports that Disc Manufacturing Inc., an independent manufacturer of CD-ROMs headquartered in Chicago, joined forces with two multimedia companies to produce a commemorative CD-ROM for the 25th anniversary of the U.S. National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)'s Apollo XIII Mission. The disc, titled "Apollo XIII: A Week to Remember," was introduced in conjunction with the June 30, 1995 release of the motion picture, "Apollo 13," starring Tom Hanks and directed by Ron Howard. Disc Manufacturing Inc. mastered and replicated the disc, which was produced by Odyssey Interactive, a St. Louis-based multimedia production company. St. Louis Studio Services, a video production facility, supplied the finishing touches by adding original music and voice narration, graphics, and editing.

Ok so now we see where the books and movies are coming into play :happydance:

This feels like Mr. Toad's Wild Ride in the good ol' Disney World days.

As my dear dad would have put it ....
A legend in his own lunchtime.

The following companies', sites, products, and services are recommended by TYMYL™ Corporation because they have a superior degree of excellence:

HYTECH INTERACTIVE (CWW company)
United Parcel Service

http://web.archive.org/web/20040212071958/http://tymyl.com/

Would you like the opportunity to retire lucratively with full income after just 7 years? Become an Independent Associate setting up SpeedEmenu™ web sites for restaurateurs and latch on to one of the greatest opportunities of a lifetime!

To find out more send an email to: Associate@SpeedEmenu.com
http://web.archive.org/web/20040212071958/http://tymyl.com/

Interesting with Skinner mentioning CWW "retiring"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member