2015.11.30 IRS Tax Lien Form 1040 for the year ending 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wow. This seems like a textbook motive.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Agree! Unless - it's the way how they paid their taxes? Extensions, penalties etc..Now that the income is cut off, all owed positions come to a fall. JMO

-Nin

No tax expert either, but LLC income is reported on a members' personal 1040 form. So LLC income & tax reporting are similar to a sole proprietor. In other words, the 1040 form (when an individual is a owner of an LLC) is for personal and business income/tax liability combined.
*This is true of a single member LLC. Multi member LLC file a form like a partnership. We may need a tax accountant for this case.

I think we will discover they were up to their eyeballs in debt. TS had a hefty life insurance policy that could save the day. Business as usual at the practice and not lose anything else. Except, something went wrong with the plan. BFF got busted leading a trail to MS. JMO.

Not sure where to post this but a federal tax lien was recorded on 11/30/15. The document itself is not viewable on the Lee County Clerk's site. However, it appears there are financial difficulties which would be expected since the primary source of income ceased to exist.

Instrument # PreviousPrev 2015000255699 NextNext
Document Type: (LI) Lien
Modified Date: 11/30/2015 1:04:47 PM
Record Date : 11/30/2015 1:04:41 PM
Grantor: DEPARTMENT OF THE TREASURY INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE
Grantee: SIEVERS MARK D
SIEVERS TERESA A
Book Type: O
# of Pages: 1
Legal: IRS-NOTICE OF FEDERAL TAX LIEN
Ref# 610681

http://apps.leeclerk.org/OR/showdetails.aspx?id=14275030&rn=22&pi=1&ref=search

You flippin' ROCK!!! :rocker:

Great find!

Just to clarify, I meant that the lien is on everything they own, including the house, but yes, the taxes owed were for the business.

This is semantics, but the form 1040 is for personal income and tax liability reporting. Of course, I believe MS and Dr. Sievers had no other income other than profits from the LLC so if that is truly the only income reported in 2013, then the taxes are owed for their personal taxable portion of the business income.

To owe tax of $32K, the reported taxable income must have been substantial.

So the question remains:

Was he simply hiding their glib financial situation from TS so he wouldn't have to get a 9 to 5 job somewhere?

Or was there something more nefarious going on?

With a public record tax lien, any 9 to 5 job MS may get somewhere... will (eventually) be notified to garnish his wages.

Is there any way this could be a lien for a student loan from the government?

Is there any way this could be a lien for a student loan from the government?
I know that the IRS can and absolutely will file liens when student loans go unpaid after an extended time.

I don't know beans about accounting and the IRS but I am interpreting this as income related (simply because of the 1040 reference). If it were student loan related I would think it would be specified as such somewhere, but IDK. I'm thinking I need to round up a verified CPA. Until then, I bet AZlawyer can shed some light so I will put out the beacon for her to review.

So the question remains:

Was he simply hiding their glib financial situation from TS so he wouldn't have to get a 9 to 5 job somewhere?

Or was there something more nefarious going on?

it is my opinion and thinking at this time, that the financial problems were a reflection or side effect of his way of being in the world, and that there are more nefarious things that were going on
jmo

I would think a student loan will not be owed after death. Jmo. Unless his name was on the loan, Which I doubt since she was the student getting the loan.

So I think the irs may have noticed fraudulent filings and acted more swiftly on that notion alone. The audit process is more serious when they absolutely find out that you purposely tried to defraud the system. And the collection is more aggressive when this happens as well.

The lien is for tax year 2013 tax form 1040, which is their personal tax return, not business.

Earlier in my career I worked in Bankruptcy Law for 5 years. That was quite a few years ago (I left the firm in 2002). I know that the Bankruptcy Laws had a major overhaul in 2005 so not sure if what I am about to disclose is still 100% accurate.

This is what I find interesting about this filing - as a rule, IRS debts are usually not dischargable. Most of the general public believes they can never been discharged but there are safeguards in place that a good, specialized attorney knows. This was the law when I worked in BK law - As long as a citizen FILES a return - even if they owe the IRS and can't pay, but they FILE a return for the year in question - the IRS has 3 years to pursue collection. If the IRS has done nothing to pursue collection of the debt with in 3 years AND the citizen has proof they indeed did file the return (IOW, they noticed the IRS in essence admitting they know they owe the money) then the debt can be discharged. You'd be surprised how often things slip through the IRS cracks. It happens. The desks of IRS employees pile up too and they miss deadlines occasionally. Usually the problem we had with our clients is that they didn't even file the return because they didn't have the money to pay at the time. So, with the calendar year about to advance to 2016, I am wondering if they didn't go ahead and file the lien before the clock ticked down and they lost all chances to ever collect.

I think once the feds took all computers and ran them; They found plenty of financial information. Then they may have had the irs cross reference some things against the 2013/ 2014 filing period which could have red flagged the irs to move fairly quickly on the lien process.

Now Teresa has been a doctor for years and I think this is the first year ever that the irs was fixing to aggressively collect.

So maybe the money grabbing via Curtis and or Mark started in the year of 2013. Idk.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*
Back