2024 Hurricane and Tropical Weather

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Cathy Russon reposted

A couple was found hugging under a fallen tree that killed them during Hurricane Helene. John Savage said his grandparents were found hugging one another in the bed, adding that the family thinks it was God's plan to take them together, rather than one suffer without the other.They are among the more than 200 people confirmed dead in one of the deadliest storms in U.S. history. https://abc7.la/3XPOHNU

I have read that many people retired to North Carolina, due to the temperate climate and lack of direct hurricane threats.

I bet so many of those people did not have flood insurance, which is a completely separate type of home owners insurance policy. Something most people don't realize until they have a flood.

The wealth will have flood insurance, others maybe not so much.
Lots of upper income retirees, built million dollar mansions on the mountainsides.
The old timers have talked for years, the day would come when we would see them side down the mountain. Asheville City is at the bottom of the mountains, everything poured in.
Well, it's here.

Their are a lot of generational families still in the area. My cousin married into a local family. I have a number of friends that have moved there. Since the 70s the downtown area has taken an eclectic, artsy, hippie atmosphere.
The whole area is a big tourist attraction, Grandfather Mt, Boone (home of Samantha's Purse), Beech Mt Ski resort, the Biltmore, and one of my favorites Tweetsie Railroad.

I'll be relieved when supplies reach the outlying area and most of our WS members.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trashpandaoutside
Back