Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.wftv.com/news/17393803/detail.html

Also, early Saturday morning, Orange County deputies removed a gun from the trunk of a car belonging to Casey' father, George Anthony. Such a discovery on the Anthony property could have imperiled Casey Anthony's release from jail, but a spokesman for Orange County Corrections said that a judge ruled that Casey presumably had nothing to do with the weapon.

I understand your viewpoint, but don't you think the circumstances here are a bit different?

If it was a known, legal restriction of Casey's bond release, then it isn't so much stripping Geo's rights as it is expecting him to comply with the rules so he can have his Daughter home, whether we agree with it or not.
well said and thank you. I am not a downer on gun rights. I am stressing that GA knew the conditions of home confinement....two times...and he broke them....(this time that we know of).. As to if everyone agrees that it is right that weapons should be banned during homeconfinement that is another issue entirely. CA's conditions are that no weapons be in or around the home and George had one in his trunk. His rights have not been violated in this case imhoo.

Yes you need a concealed weapons permit to carry on you or keep indefinitely in your vehicle

(((SHERBIE)))...hugs my friend, haven't seen ya in a few days! Thanks so much for the link about the weapon. I have a question for you fellow sleuthers, as I do not carry a weapon. Why would you carry your weapon in the tire well of your vehicle? It certainly wouldn't be convenient to access if you had a need to use it. I can see getting it out of the house to comply with the conditions of the bond, but why wouldn't he have turned it over before Casey came home? It seems that I recall reading yesterday that the Anthony's didn't even realize Casey was coming home Friday morning until they heard it on the news (even though the posted the money??!!??). Could it have been that he notified LE of the weapon being in the home and that he moved it to the tire well where it wouldn't likely be found by Casey or anyone else inside? That could explain them coming so late at night to retrieve it and going right to it rather than searching for it. Perhaps they didn't want to come collect it until all the crowds were gone. Just thinking out loud.....(or in type - lol!)! This is just a theory, not necessarily my opinion. My head is in too much of a whirlwind from all of this weeks "bombshells" to form cohesive thoughts at this moment!! :) Any thoughts?

ETA: Since the Anthonys have retained their own attorney, maybe George informed him about the weapon and the atty advised him to report it to LE. Just another thought!

Hi, buddy! :) I just saw that I had a PM from you this morning...will respond in a little while. My thing says 0 unread at the top, but I had five or six of them in there I hadn't seen. Sorry about that.

Your theory could be right on. Why the wheel well? I suppose because he can't have it in the house and thought that would be well-hidden from Casey, should she get any ideas to hurt herself or someone else? Just a guess. I agree that even if LE knew earlier in the day, they wouldn't have wanted to come get it while the mob was out there. I can't even imagine what that would've been like. :eek:

For some reason, my first instinct was that maybe Leonard and crew might have alerted LE. They might have known about George's gun, saw how the anger of the mobs outside the home was escalating and, knowing how close George seems to snapping lately, figured it wasn't safe for him to have that gun there any longer.

I have to say, considering the public's reaction to his family -- people screaming, banging on their door (and I'm sure they must receive lots of email/phone threats, too) -- I can't blame George for wanting to have some protection there, should someone try to come in their home or attack his family as they come and go. IF that's why he had the gun, while not a smart thing, maybe it's somewhat understandable from his position...wanting to protect his family.

Or maybe LE got a tip that he was gonna go shoot the kidnappers he's been watching. :crazy:

IMO I do not think LE knew about this gun before yesterday. LE can not take the chance of something or someone getting shot with a gun that THEY KNEW was there. The MINUTE they knew - they went to a judge - got a warrant and went to collect it.

GA might have just bought it for protection and the paperwork came thru and alerted LE. IMO GA did NOT call LE himself about it. No way. I thought about LP and TP as well - but I also think they would have called LE the minute they knew. No one wants the responsiblity of KNOWING about that gun and NOT acting upon it IF someone gets hurt because of it. Way too much risk.

Lee called? Ha! doubt it. I still wonder why folks think he's so special. He's no different than his family, just less outspoken to save some privacy. I'm sure Mallory doesn't approve much either, as we have not seen her out there at the bat. jmo

It Doesn't look like the gun hidden in George's car is going to affect Casey's status at all.

"Also, early Saturday morning, Orange County deputies removed a gun from the trunk of a car belonging to Casey' father, George Anthony. Such a discovery on the Anthony property could have imperiled Casey Anthony's release from jail, but a spokesman for Orange County Corrections said that a judge ruled that Casey presumably had nothing to do with the weapon."

Maybe already brought up, but didn't come up in thread search. Isn't George a security guard? Most are armed.

because Casey is on home confinement in his home and one of the conditions of home confinement is NO WEAPONS. He was hiding the dammm gun in the wheel well of his car...she can go into the garage...it is part of the home as is the front and back yards. George knew this last time and he knew it yesterday when she walked out of that jail and in his house. And yet cops pull a gun...a CONCEALED GUN....out of the well of his auto! He cannot explain that one away...that he locked the car and Casey didn't have access to the keys, etc blah blah blah. Just like the shed. Just like the pool ladder and the gas cans and her stealing from her grandfather. This case makes me PUKE. sorry for yelling. I am so done with the crap in this case. She is not safe at home. She needs to be back in jail.

Is it a condition that her father can't keep his gun if she's in the home ?
What are the laws regarding concealment in Florida ? In many states you can keep a gun in your glove box or purse. And, did he have it the last time she was out ? If so, they're a little late. If it's registered they should have known that a long time ago.
I don't think it was in the wheel well, but where the spare tire is. That seems like a pretty safe place to keep it. With all the threats against them, I can understand why he feels he might need it.
She has a right to bond, just like anybody else. If someone makes the decision to hurt her, it is their fault, not hers.

I understand your viewpoint, but don't you think the circumstances here are a bit different?

If it was a known, legal restriction of Casey's bond release, then it isn't so much stripping Geo's rights as it is expecting him to comply with the rules so he can have his Daughter home, whether we agree with it or not.

Exactly, PH! Even if he had kept it because he was afraid someone might hurt his family and wanted to be able to protect them in an emergency situation, it was still wrong. He knew the rules. This isn't a case of LE harassing the Anthonys. I think LE has bent over backwards to extend courtesies to the family that they weren't required to provide.

Always so nice to see you! :seeya:

It Doesn't look like the gun hidden in George's car is going to affect Casey's status at all.

"Also, early Saturday morning, Orange County deputies removed a gun from the trunk of a car belonging to Casey' father, George Anthony. Such a discovery on the Anthony property could have imperiled Casey Anthony's release from jail, but a spokesman for Orange County Corrections said that a judge ruled that Casey presumably had nothing to do with the weapon."

I think they just didn't want him to have a gun at all right now. I believe that this whole thing is a powder keg.

I have been worried about someone getting shot myself..seriously. There is so much emotion around this case that is negative.

People just don't like this family IMHO. The family has no one but themselves to blame for this either.

Exactly, PH! Even if he had kept it because he was afraid someone might hurt his family and wanted to be able to protect them in an emergency situation, it was still wrong. He knew the rules. This isn't a case of LE harassing the Anthonys. I think LE has bent over backwards to extend courtesies to the family that they weren't required to provide.

Always so nice to see you! :seeya:

I completely agree, they were informed of the rules from the before she was released the first time, AND being former LE he should know better.

So, are we certain now that it was a gun they were after?

Well, the news article said a "weapon," Shef, but I can't imagine what else it would be since guns were specifically prohibited per the court's bail conditions.

Hope you're enjoying this gorgeous day...we actually have a little breeze now and then thanks to Hanna, huh? ;)

ETA: The news article has now been updated and reports it was actually a gun, FYI. :)

I guess I'll have to google to find the info.
George was caught putting a trash bag containing stuffed animals early on in the investigation of Caylee being missing. Lee spoke out and said the stuffed animals were given by well wishers and they reeked of cigarette smoke and the parents did not smoke, so therefore trashed them. Anyone else remember this?
Bam, could you refresh our memories about George throwing stuffed animals away? When, where, etc. Don't remember hearing a thing about it.

No it doesn't look like it will affect her status..but what was George doing with a gun in his trunk to begin with? He certainly knew the conditions of her bond release and home confinement. This whole family seems to think they are above the law..like they wish this whole thing would just go away. They don't help search, they don't help the LE, they don't do anything but praise Casey and bad mouth everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_ks