4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, 2022 #77

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Run by posting.

Pure speculation. Could there be a connection between "ID cards" and Tinder. Honestly, I can't even remember search warrant dates right now, just throwing speculative thinking out in the air this morning.

JMO

Question. The general consensus seems to be that the killer parked in the lot above and behind the house. If that's true, or even if he parked on the little road that runs between the house and the apartment complex, is there a relatively easy path or way to get down to the house from either place? Without having to walk from the front of the house to the back? The ground I've seen looks hilly or at least a bit difficult to walk down especially in the dark, so I'm pretty sure I've just missed it. I know where I live those little slopes are harder to walk up or down than one would think, and at night it's easier to fall and slide down than walk. Anyone?

Edited to add: I don't need a link or anything -- just confirmation that someone's seen a relatively easy way to get down to the house.
Weren't the investigators gathering back there on top of the hill and then trying to walk different paths to get to the slider? I seem to remember seeing something like that...

Weren't the investigators gathering back there on top of the hill and then trying to walk different paths to get to the slider? I seem to remember seeing something like that...
These are good questions. When a lot of this info (the PCA etc) came out, I didn't have time to sit down and go through all that. Do we have a good idea where LE believes he parked his car? I 'd love it if someone has figured that all out. Maybe there isn't really enough in the PCA to know for sure. Some of the language about him trying to park, but couldn't etc was confusing, but as i said, I didn't have time to really flesh that all out.

Very very overwhelming. We know this because the defense needs 6 months to specifically go over the evidence.

Just for starters the prosecution has already turned over 1,000 pages of documents, nearly 2,000 images, and a video. I'm sure by now they have turned over more videos - probably of the car being spotted amongst others. And probably other evidence has been turned over as well by now because it's now months later.

These are good questions. When a lot of this info (the PCA etc) came out, I didn't have time to sit down and go through all that. Do we have a good idea where LE believes he parked his car? I 'd love it if someone has figured that all out. Maybe there isn't really enough in the PCA to know for sure. Some of the language about him trying to park, but couldn't etc was confusing, but as i said, I didn't have time to really flesh that all out.

The Gary Hughes youtube video creates a wonderful visualization about the car. He speculates that it parked in the back because it went out of view of the other 2 cameras during the murders. Video link below

Go to 6 minute mark....

Last edited:
I certainly might have been bloody but he must have been able to clean it enough that he didn't mind letting his Dad in the car. They are not a family of means, and a car is a big asset. I think his father would have been shocked by the condition of the car if it was obviously and badly stained. I mean a spot or two you can chalk up to a drive through accident. More than that, I don't know. MOOooo

ETA my MOOooo

Yeh, he probably cleaned it up within 48 hours after the murders then apparently went thru it with a fine toothed comb once he went back to PA and had a water hose and cleaning materials available. If he spent the alleged 4 hours cleaning it inside and out in front of people at his apartment complex, that would have raised red flags.

He did it in his parents driveway and did the extra thorough job there.

I think LE probably got all of the cleaning leftovers (wipes, paper towels, bags etc.) that he put in his neighbor's trash bins.

I suspect there is condemning evidence in that hoard.

I don't quite understand that either. I've tried to picture exactly what that meant. Did the driver pull into the drive, then back out and turn around? There seems to have been enough room to park in the front. Did he just change his mind about parking there? If so, why? IMO, It doesn't make much sense that the driver made an "unsuccessful attempt" to park (I believe that is the wording from the PCA.). What made LE think that is what the driver was doing?

To add to that, other than working up courage to go in. why did the driver drive around the area multiple times?

I don't quite understand that either. I've tried to picture exactly what that meant. Did the driver pull into the drive, then back out and turn around? There seems to have been enough room to park in the front. Did he just change his mind about parking there? If so, why? IMO, It doesn't make much sense that the driver made an "unsuccessful attempt" to park (I believe that is the wording from the PCA.). What made LE think that is what the driver was doing?

To add to that, other than working up courage to go in. why did the driver drive around the area multiple times?

It seems to me he was trying to back his way in to going into the back so that his car was facing out so he could get a quick getaway.

But the turn is an acute angle so he gave up and probably just pulled in straight.

Regardless, I think he went out of sight for like 15 minutes and then his car was seen on the next door neighbor's ring camera speeding away from the house.

Yeh, he probably cleaned it up within 48 hours after the murders then apparently went thru it with a fine toothed comb once he went back to PA and had a water hose and cleaning materials available. If he spent the alleged 4 hours cleaning it inside and out in front of people at his apartment complex, that would have raised red flags.

He did it in his parents driveway and did the extra thorough job there.

I think LE probably got all of the cleaning leftovers (wipes, paper towels, bags etc.) that he put in his neighbor's trash bins.

I suspect there is condemning evidence in that hoard.

None of that is fact that we know of. Cleaning a car after a cross-country drive is pretty standard, IMO.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I cannot wrap my head around BK being the sole perpetrator of this crime unless he had more than incidental contact with one or more of the victims. Why?

If the only times BK was near the King Road house was the 12 times his phone pinged, IMO, not all of those were actually on King/Queen Road. Also, IMO he would have needed to be inside that house at some point to know the layout of the house. Yes, there were real estate photos, but phots don't really convey the actual layout of the rooms or staircase to the 3rd floor. Although the timeline is tight, it isn't insurmountable with enough knowledge of the house.

I'd love to know if there were any lights on in the house. I'd be impressed and amazed if there were was nothing out of place, blocking straight paths.

I can envision a scenario (though not with the detail you've provided) where someone else is involved either purposefully or unwittingly. And what connection is there between this witness who will not testify?

Last edited by a moderator:

All we know is that he parked out of view of the neighbor's camera, apparently making a turn into the little road that connects King Rd with the road behind (Queen Road - the original "front" of the house faced the other way).

IMO, after watching the investigators being filmed by media, and seeing the one noise complaint video, it looked doable even to me. Sure, it's a small hill, and it's not paved, but it's a rural-ish setting in the first place. I'm guessing many a partier had parked up there and then entered through the neon-lit slider area (as opposed to that much less comely front door on the first floor).

But we don't know for sure. I've got my own notions having looked at Google maps quite a bit and those early pictures on the media thread. Any man who is vaguely in shape and used to hiking or is a runner should easily be able to do what the investigators did (walk down in various ways).

I know many of us believe the tire tracks in the front of the house were made by BK's vehicle, but that's not in the PCA. I believe he could have parked above, below or to the side of the house and still made it to the deck with the slider, easily.

OTOH, perhaps he exited and/or entered through that other door (I don't think we have any mention of why they think it was the slider, but it has been reported several times before the gag order).

IMO.

@jepop @girlhasnoname @katydid23 @SophieRose
Thank you for the thought provoking and detailed responses to where the car was parked and the ease/difficulty in getting from it to the house. The video @SophieRose mentioned might show a gentler slope from the road down to the house. It is really hard to tell, but at least it doesn't look as challenging (although I'm not really sure). I have seen clips and photos of LE standing up in the parking area and one where it looks like an officer came out of the wooded area. I'm sure LE has a fairly good idea where he may have cut through. MOO.

The main reason I'm fixating on this is because of the time line. The PCA puts security camera audio of the dog barking, the loud thump and possible voices or whimpers at 4:17am, and BK's car was caught on camera speeding away at 4:20am. If it took 3 minutes for him to leave, then one would think it took about the same amount of time for him to leave his car and enter the house. Although he could have gotten there faster since he didn't have to worry about taking off or covering bloody clothes. MOO. Obviously the longer he was able to walk on pavement the faster he could have been.

All that said I'm still not entirely convinced that 3 minutes would be enough time coming or going.

Well, especially if they used it for firefighters to practice controlling fires
Innocent question: do firefighters practice on homes near others and so close together and so many residents nearby potentially at risk? I have zero idea, maybe stupid question, just seems risky after enough trauma in the neighborhood, and it's pretty dry: Moscow Climate, Weather By Month, Average Temperature (Idaho, United States) - Weather Spark

And what connection is there between this witness who will not testify?
CI and witness are two different things. I posted a link or two about the differences. I really feel that there is a CI but ICBW. BK could definitely have found his way into the home but I didn't go Into DD details. I know DD drivers are supposed to deliver and dash away - but do they always? IDTS in this case, and that's potentially why LE asked about any convos between residents and drivers.

All that said I'm still not entirely convinced that 3 minutes would be enough time coming or going.
the timeline is really tight imo jmo and doesn't leave room for surprises or the sheer difficulty of those multiple attacks. obv it happened, but I think your questions are valid.

Last edited:
@jepop @girlhasnoname @katydid23 @SophieRose
Thank you for the thought provoking and detailed responses to where the car was parked and the ease/difficulty in getting from it to the house. The video @SophieRose mentioned might show a gentler slope from the road down to the house. It is really hard to tell, but at least it doesn't look as challenging (although I'm not really sure). I have seen clips and photos of LE standing up in the parking area and one where it looks like an officer came out of the wooded area. I'm sure LE has a fairly good idea where he may have cut through. MOO.

The main reason I'm fixating on this is because of the time line. The PCA puts security camera audio of the dog barking, the loud thump and possible voices or whimpers at 4:17am, and BK's car was caught on camera speeding away at 4:20am. If it took 3 minutes for him to leave, then one would think it took about the same amount of time for him to leave his car and enter the house. Although he could have gotten there faster since he didn't have to worry about taking off or covering bloody clothes. MOO. Obviously the longer he was able to walk on pavement the faster he could have been.

MOO could be very quick though, the parking area on Queen Rd. is about 50 ft. from the kitchen slider.

MOO could be very quick though, the parking area on Queen Rd. is about 50 ft. from the kitchen slider.
If he was able to walk on the road (as much as possible) it would have been faster. IMO. Do you think there's a chance he went in the front door? I know it's speculation, but I'm thinking any way to get in and out without having to climb around thru the woods...

snipped for focus

Good point. IMO BK did not remove bloody clothing at the scene but someplace on that longer route he took back to Pullman he stopped to change and/or dispose of clothing. My theory is BK had practiced that back slope before the 13th more than a few times. BK was a night runner according to his running pal who said they would run 6 to 7 miles at night. In PA evidence collected from the car there is a "reflective vest" listed. Reflective vests are great in case of a breakdown, but runners use reflective vests for safety too, especially at night. BK may have on many nights parked 2-3 miles away, ran to King Rd house, planning, watching, all without detection (airplane mode phone, car out of the neighborhood). Going up the back slope may not have taken him one minute, but bagging or wrapping the bloody knife before placing it into the car and change of gloves, the immediate clean-up, may have been the time consuming surprise he hadn't planned on taking a couple extra minutes.

Speculation only. JMO

BK may have on many nights parked 2-3 miles away, ran to King Rd house, planning, watching, all without detection (airplane mode phone, car out of the neighborhood). Going up the back slope may not have taken him one minute, but bagging or wrapping the bloody knife before placing it into the car and change of gloves, the immediate clean-up, may have been the time consuming surprise he hadn't planned on taking a couple extra minutes.
before he was IDd, I speculated that the killer would park near the arboretum, cover of night, change into kill suit and clean up after, and be a late night runner to and from the crime scene. Risky, yes, but imo jmo slightly less so than driving your own car right up to the door.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member