4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 73

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why the Chapin vehicles are of more interest to LE than the Xana & Kaylee's vehicles? That seems a little odd without knowing what LE knows and isn't telling us. Also, is Maddie's still being held?
What I find strange and would like to know is... why was Ethan's brothers vehicle impounded in the first place much less held on to?
From what we have been told he just had driven over that morning once DM started calling friends.

First line of the items to be searched and seized is "any and all of the following which may be found on his person".
Yes, but I believe the receipt for the search warrant includes everything conducted in that search warrant application. They collected a cheek swab which is further down the list and is on the receipt. At the bottom of that list it says nothing follows 12/30/22. JMO

Also it says any shoes with a diamond pattern sole.
Maybe I misunderstood? I was responding to OPs who thought maybe more items were going to be listed on the receipt, not the list of items searched for. I was just pointing out that I believe the entire property was searched (house, shed, garage, and surrounding land) and the receipt was for everything they removed from the property after conducting that search. JMO

Terrible handwriting. Anyone have any idea what #9 might say? I'm drawing a blank.

Also, I find it interesting that they took a pair of Nike's, yet there was a "Van's-type" print in the house. Hmmm....
Buccal Swab - ie cheek swab Epithelial cells of the suspect are generally collected from the buccal cavity. Cottons swabs (buccal swabs) are used for attaining sample of the suspect’s DNA to compare it with evidence found on the scene of crime. In this, a swab is rubbed along the inside of the buccal cavity (cheek), causing scraping of epithelial cells of the suspect, and these cells are then use for DNA fingerprinting and cross matching the results with the evidence (Findlay et al., 1997)

Also it says any shoes with a diamond pattern sole.
Something I did notice on the items list that I haven't seen before. MOO

Bullet 4: Documents, records, medications, drugs, or other substances, prescription or otherwise: bottles, labels, syringes, packaging, and other items associated with medications,drugs, or other substances, prescription or otherwise, that could relate to the physical or mental states of assailants or victims, or relating to or containing information indicating, suggesting, or otherwise evidencing violence, a physical attack, a fight, or motive/hostility for any of the same.

Bullet 10: Alocoholic beverages, other intoxicants and any containers or receipts for same

https://static.foxnews.com/foxnews.com/content/uploads/2023/02/Kohberger-warrant_Redacted2.pdf

How can a person function with so little sleep?
Poorly in my opinion. At least that's how it is for me. Which got me to thinking... so I Goog'ed for sleep depravation and adult crime. Kinda interesting to me. ETA - and the age of the adults committing crimes who were sleep deprived as a teen is spot on for BK. I am unsure whether or not he had trouble sleeping as a teen. Anyone know?

This study tests both the hypothesis that adolescent daytime sleepiness is associated with later adult criminal offending, [...] Results: Sleepy adolescents were more likely to be antisocial during adolescence, and were 4.5 times more likely to commit crime by age 29.

and another article: Psychologists Find An Alarming Long-Term Effect Of Teen Sleep Deprivation

Sorry I quoted you post because you had the link.
your pinpoint is excellent.

I was just pointing out that “Vans style shoe” was not mentioned, instead they had the search warrant items include any shoe with a diamond pattern sole.
Wow, great catch!
I did briefly look at Nike soles, and some have a little section with triangles, but IMO do not compare to the Vans style diamond pattern sole. If they took them, they must have had a pattern with at least a diamond pattern section. MOO

FLASHLIGHT?
from @gliving sbm "No wallet or phone sounds like they woke him up out of bed, but why a flashlight..."?

from @Gemmie "I sleep with a flashlight in my nightstand in the event something happens in the middle of the night and the power is out."
Me three.
Re BCK---
Maybe when working as a security guard, he developed habit of having a flashlight in a pocket or close by?
Or copied from observing LEO's carrying lights, IRL, movies, Tv?

W quick searches for Defiant brand flashlights, I found a variety of sizes (mostly penlight, some keychain, a few larger) and range of lumens. Edit: In $5 to $20 price ranges.

ETA: Yep, could have been reading in bed. I noticed Defiant brand headlamps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member