4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 73

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Terrible handwriting. Anyone have any idea what #9 might say? I'm drawing a blank.

Also, I find it interesting that they took a pair of Nike's, yet there was a "Van's-type" print in the house. Hmmm....
One Defiant silver flashlight

4 medical-style gloves

Large t-shirt

Large black sweatshirt

Pair of black and white shoes

Pair of black Under Armour socks

Black large shorts

Black shorts

Black boxers

1 buccal DNA swab

(all of his black clothing <moo>)

Terrible handwriting. Anyone have any idea what #9 might say? I'm drawing a blank.

Also, I find it interesting that they took a pair of Nike's, yet there was a "Van's-type" print in the house. Hmmm....

#9 is:

One Buccal Swab​

A buccal swab, also known as buccal smear, is a way to collect DNA from the cells on the inside of a person's cheek

Odd they only took one. Warrant calls for 4 DNA samples from buccal swabs and/whole blood.
JMO
Good catch thanks.

And thanks everyone for the new information. Much appreciated.

My guess here is that the judge signed off on 4 DNA samples just to give LE the option of testing more people for DNA if they felt it necessary. Give room to add more people.

One (1) buccal swab.

I think the Vans were probably long gone before he drove home. But he's done plenty else that's boneheaded, so maybe not. Maybe they found them elsewhere. My guess is, though, that the Nikes are either brand new or a secondary pair of shoes. Or the Vans were bought especially for the crime and thrown away immediately, but that feels more unlikely for some reason. Most people get rid of the clothes, keep the shoes and try to clean them. It doesn't work, and just makes the forensics folks happy. People talk on the threads here about folks getting caught because they went to Walmart, or swiped their loyalty card, but there are plenty behind bars because the thought of ditching a pair of shoes that set them back a hundred or more bucks is too much to bin them. Always bin them. That old bleach and toothbrush clean is not enough. The lab folks will get that bit of blood you missed, and then you're serving life because you were too stubborn to get rid of a pair of shoes that tied you directly to the crime.

MOO. Don't do crime. The shoes are awful in prison.

Size 13 shoes. Not Vans, I wonder how many males wear size 13.
I don't know but the site I've linked seems to think 10.5 is the average size. Also, estimated shoe sizes by height for men in the United States are:

HeightShoe size
5’5″ or shorter7 to 9
5’6″ to 5’9″9.5 to 10.5
5’10” to 6’2″11 to 12.5
6’3″ and taller13 to 20+

Are we sure this isn't what he was wearing at the time of his arrest? It does say it's a property receipt

I'm pretty sure you're correct. There's only one of everything to make him completely clothed. They busted in while he was sleeping, but I recall reading they did let him dress before they put him in the police car.

Good point. Xana's car is released Dec 20. Kaylee's RR is released Dec 28. Brian arrested Dec 30. On Jan 12th, the Chapin vehicles are still impounded.

I wonder why the Chapin vehicles are of more interest to LE than the Xana & Kaylee's vehicles? That seems a little odd without knowing what LE knows and isn't telling us. Also, is Maddie's still being held?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member