4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 73

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pages 1 & 2 (of 5) pages at link* =
STIPULATION of Parties (meaning Atty's for St of ID and BCK)
They stipulated to a release of a Memo summary of In Chambers conference, Jan 13,which was filed Jan. 20 under seal.
Redactions made from Memo were names of potential witnesses & names of their attys (for threats or danger to their lives or safety).

Then, pages 3 to 5 (of 5 pages) = MEMO itself, a summary of the conference in chambers of Judge Marshall, and naming those attending, which included Prosecutor, Deputy Pros., Atty for Redacted, and a diff Atty for another Redacted, Shanon Gray, Atty for Goncalves fam, and PD Anne Taylor.

At this conference Judge Marshall read aloud:
--from her Nondissemination Order (gag order) and
-- Idaho Rules of Professional Conduct, Rule 3.6, Trial Publicity.**

(Briefly, oversimplified, imo, Rule for atty's involved in investigation & litigation of matter: SU, wait, & say it in court.)

She said she reads Rule & Commentary as applying to atty's for witnesses, & to Pros. & PD.
Advises the atty's present "not to engage in any conduct which would interfere with a fair trial."
Also says her order does not prevent wit's from speaking to media.

imo jmo moo As always, welcoming clarification or corrections, esp'ly from our legal professionals.

It seems odd that he was fully dressed with shoes on for it being a middle of the night raid? And with a flashlight and gloves on him…so strange. If I’m interpreting “on his person” correctly.
It doesn't seem odd to me. There's been plenty of talk here about his sleeping patterns, or lack thereof. And 4am-ish is also the time the crimes were committed.

And I apologize for this quote being from the DM:

Kohberger's unidentified downstairs neighbor echoed his strange late-night behaviors <snip>

she always heard Kohberger up late at night since he moved into the complex in August.

'He’s normally a very late-night person, going to the bathroom and vacuuming at 1 or 12 in the morning,' she said.

Is that what Entin says? Killer-groupies? But BK has not been trialed yet nor found guilty.
I consider the word killer premature. BK is merely the accused.
IDK about that specific terminology about groupies, but ... Lots of people on that sub did not consider the word "killer" premature even though it was a pro-BK sub. Rather, much of the "content" on the sub came from people praising and/or defending him as the killer.

Forgive me if I am waaaayyyy behind. Trying to catch up.

It doesn't seem odd to me. There's been plenty of talk here about his sleeping patterns, or lack thereof. And 4am-ish is also the time the crimes were committed.
Agreed. But still strange that he had that flashlight on him at his parents' house. Makes me think that he may have been attempting to "be prepared" in case LE came from him. My darker thoughts make me wonder if he was staking out another person in PA.

Regardless, "Defiant" is a hell of a name for the flashlight he had on his person at that late hour. As a writer, that just floors me. Couldn't have written that. What a crazy detail.

Agreed. But still strange that he had that flashlight on him at his parents' house. Makes me think that he may have been attempting to "be prepared" in case LE came from him. My darker thoughts make me wonder if he was staking out another person in PA.

Regardless, "Defiant" is a hell of a name for the flashlight he had on his person at that late hour. As a writer, that just floors me. Couldn't have written that. What a crazy detail.
Maybe he wears it around his neck. Quite handy for entering a house in the dark of night, all dressed in black & committing four murders.
JMO

Maybe he wears it around his neck. Quite handy for entering a house in the dark of night, all dressed in black & committing four murders.
JMO
Quite possible! I did a quick Googe shopping search for "defiant silver flashlight" and it showed all types of flashlights. The possibility of a flashlight as a weapon crossed my mind but why would a knife guy switch it up? All of this is so crazy. And ... JMO

The Nikes were size 13. That is a BIG shoe and not that common. If the "Van's style" shoe print could be show to also be a size 13 it includes BK as the possible leaver of the shoe print. Also, a size 13 is sometimes hard to find. One might be able to trace size 13 shoes purchased and if the person did not pay cash, you might get a hit that BK owned a pair. MOO and speculation.

As a male who wears size 13 shoes, I can affirm everything Ghostwheel says. As a kid, I knew exactly which shoe stores carried 13s. There were only one or two in my hometown; I usually went in and said, "Show me what you have in size 13." There was no point in selecting shoes without first knowing whether they had my size.

I am just under 6'3".

There are six names redacted--3 attorneys and their 3 clients. My first thought was that the names are the families who haven't been vocal. However, the attorney who is quoted later says he expects that his client will be a witness and that he expects "the decedents families" will be witnesses, so clearly he isn't an attorney for one of the families. D.M.s full name is too long to fit into the redacted blank, at least for that attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member