4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 74

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if she did take it directly - or if Ethan did - the driver should still be able to say which household member received it. Xana was the only female brunette, and Ethan the only male. I assume the porch light was on for him to find the house, that's what I always do when I'm taking delivery of something after dark. They would have been lit by it as they took the bag - whether that was from his hands, or from the stoop as he got back in his car. And even if it wasn't on, he may have left his headlights on in the drive to light his path to the door.

MOO
Yep. Unless they changed something, it was very dark even at the front door. In the video of the officer responding to an evening noise complaint call, even with his flashlight, it wasn't very well lit.

back to Door Dash. imo jmo ime these warrants aren't about deliveries. if LE just wanted to talk to DD employees, they could do that without a warrant. imo jmo ime

Door Dash 1.1.2022 to present Warrant dated 12.6.22

Tinder 19 or 20 redacted from 11.3.2022 to the present. Warrant dated 12.6.22 same date as Door Dash

then

Tinder from March 1, 2021 to March 31, 2021 for 20 redacted accounts - that's not just LE being Tinder curious imo (last match warrant).
Second warrant dated 12.22.2022 -- so what did they find on the 12.6 warrant that gave PC to go to these dates?

Again, this is significant. The courts do not just randomly hit Tinder accounts because no one wants to see all those pics imo jmo lol plus huge violation of civil rights. Trolling is not allowed with warrants. And BK was almost arrested, so what else did they find with the DD guys?

no wonder there is a gag order on this. imo jmo ime
Excellent! Thank you for researching and posting all this information on the warrants and their dates. Very Interesting!

MOO

Yep. Unless they changed something, it was very dark even at the front door. In the video of the officer responding to an evening noise complaint call, even with his flashlight, it wasn't very well lit.
It's probably a combination of things - the house being set back from the road, into a hillside, overshadowed by large trees. Street lights probably don't reach it very well. (Which may be a reason it was appealing as a target to a stalker/killer.) I know people talked early on in the threads about the way sound moved in the area, that it was in a hollow; I think it's kind of an unintentional amphitheatre, a combination of natural land formation and buildings. I used to live in a remote village, small population, no noise pollution. Our cottage was in a little hollow like that. We could hear conversations of people sitting outside at the pub - about 100 metres away - from our bathroom.

MOO

Brilliant! I hadn't thought of looking back at the PCA and cross checking. MOO
The AT&T warrants tell you what/who and I verified they to tie back to the PCA. The docs are in reverse order, so looking at the most recent doesn't tell as much imo.

editing to add order; search warrant (no affidavit because it's sealed, darn it!, but obviously the judge saw it and it met the PC threshold, etc.), judge's order, return, motion to seal, order to seal (original), order to seal after recent hearing).

Last edited:
Excellent! Thank you for researching and posting all this information on the warrants and their dates. Very Interesting!

MOO
you're welcome! the dates requested, scope and dates of the warrants themselves tell a story. of course, without the affidavits, we can't tell why the warrant was requested/authorized, but we can put together a timeline for when LE found info. The DoorDash and tinder was surprising to me, ditto so many financial accounts, all the same institutions for each party. imo jmo ime that's a lot of questions.

Nancy Grace visited (for better or worse) one of the neighbors with cameras pointed towards the house. Their camera was sound activated.

Reportedly (I remember reading) a Ring Doorbell ring cam was luckily (or unlucky for BK) triggered by a cat jumping past it and captured the car.
@schooling, do you know where the visit/interview with Nancy Grace is linked? I'm interested in revisiting the camera location and what those neighbours said. I saw at least two camera on the the outside of the relevant neighbours' house.Still looking for a photo of the second/more elevated camera and would like to revisit the MS<M article/interview Thank you!

The quote from the PCA above (in Jepop's post) says LE arrived to assist with processing of the crime scene and security. It also states that ISP forensic team was on scene and was preparing to BEGIN processing the scene at approximately 4pm. I missed that before.

MOO
Sorry to be nitpicky but you know how it is! Actually, Payne arrived to assist. I understand what you mean but just so people don't kinda misread and think something like -'LE didn't arrive (at all) until 4pm etc and so forth (which became an issue for a time in a previous thread) MOO. I just wanted to point out that LE did arrive on the scene well before 4pm. I agree, otherwise, with the point you're making here!

Edit grammar

Last edited:
I’m thinking the “ATT sealed” likely relates to the warrant for historical + prospective CSLI + Pen Register/Trap + Trace - as I didn’t see these requests in the other ATT Docs
Yes, that's what I was thinking too. The warrants issued and returned on 23rd December 2022 as per PCA. I haven't checked the dates of the ATT warrants yet but that's what I would expect. Either way, those warrants will be in there somewhere! MOO

I have a question, if you can help, TIA

Did the neighbor's house possibly have more than one camera? You can clearly see the one at their "front" door attached under the light. In this picture, from the opposite side of their house and closer to Xana's room, does that look like another camera circled in red?
Thank you! In the picture you attach, yes that is the location of the second camera that I have seen in close up, definately, in a photo either in a post here or somewhere in media thread. I am looking for the photo. Your attached photo also shows a good perspective of the location of relevant neighbour's house (location as described in PCA) in relation to the West Wall of the King St residence/XK's room. MOO

[snipped for focus]

Almost all my students say they use a food delivery service at least once a week. Things are very different to when I was in college.

Looks like this thread settled several minor issues about the evidence - but all of those issues will almost certainly come up again and again. People made it sound as if the DoorDash warrant was super broad but it apparently was only broad as to time and only about the one driver? They wanted to compare his driving patterns while working to those of Bryan Kohberger, so as not to be accused of a less than thorough investigation, is my guess. Much ado about nothing, except that it's interesting.

IMO
Re bolded. The characterisation of DD warrant as broad, it fits in some contexts I think (at least dates I think) but not in others (ie specific to King St. house). MOO. It asked for specific info and covered all drivers as per that specific info.

Here's the wording from my previous post up thread,BBM.

"all information in your possession or control related to sales, deliveries, purchases, and/or transactions made to 1122 King Road, Moscow, Idaho 83 843 for time period ofJanuary 1, 2022 to present, to include:

date and time of sales; date and time of deliveries; purchases and/or transactions; name and identification of the driver; full description ofthe vehicles used; any and all communications between drivers and the purchasers"

https://coi.isc.idaho.gov/docs/case/CR29-22-2805/030723%20Order%20to%20Seal%20%20Redact%20-%20DoorDash%20Inc.pdf

The warrant was served on 6 Dec, relevant info provided on 7 Dec and the warrant returned with no apparent issue. The affadavit and details of the Return of Service remain under a seal and partial redaction by order of the court, based at least partially on privacy, confidential source and protecting investigation measures (paraphrasing from link). MOO

This is really weird, and I skipped it previously, but Idaho DOL. The only payments I can find through there are unemployment payments. Warrant dated 11.28 was for period 9.1.2022 to present and listed the four victims plus 5 others. information ret'd on the victims and 3 others.

Last edited:
I haven't been following this page for a while but is there any chance BK was a DD driver at some point?
Even if he had been, the warrant would have just been for BK, not all the people who delivered there and all the details about that including communication. To get that warrant, there had to be probable cause.

editing to add Idaho Criminal Rule 41. Search and Seizure

Although the affidavits are sealed, the warrants include this statement:

Lawrence Mowery, having given Inc proof, upon oath, this day showing probable cause establishing grounds for issuing a search warrant ... and this is going to be on each warrant.

it's maddening, really, because there's got to be a compelling reason to look at all the DD drivers and yet no idea why, esp since the DD driver from that night was cleared, it's not like there is an indication that there's a cabal of murderous DoorDash drivers terrorizing Moscow ID.

lots of curious things about this case imo

Last edited:
Thank you! In the picture you attach, yes that is the location of the second camera that I have seen in close up, definately, in a photo either in a post here or somewhere in media thread. I am looking for the photo. Your attached photo also shows a good perspective of the location of relevant neighbour's house (location as described in PCA) in relation to the West Wall of the King St residence/XK's room. MOO
I also remembered, early on, a much closer and clearer picture of the circled spot on that house. I think a couple of police were standing close by in it? I too have been looking for it but this is the only one I can find now.

Even if he had been, the warrant would have just been for BK, not all the people who delivered there and all the details about that including communication. To get that warrant, there had to be probable cause.

editing to add Idaho Criminal Rule 41. Search and Seizure
replying to my own post to add:

Reasonable suspicion isn't enough; hunches and curiosity don't get a warrant. Esp a broad one with an 11-month scope. And the warrant was sealed for the reasons stated in the motion, and one of the reasons for it to remain sealed was that it would
  1. Disclose the identity of a confidential source
And this is a court record with the judge's name on it ordering what would otherwise be a public record to be sealed. They don't just make stuff up.

I keep trying to find a reason that both makes sense and follow the constitution. It can't be just because DD delivered there because so did USPS and probably UPS and more. Search and seizure laws aren't trampled that way. That's not even reasonable suspicion, much less probable cause; that is just spitballing.

It can't be just because DD may have seen BKs car - because then just interview the DD drivers. LE doesn't need a warrant for an interview. It's got to be more.

The 'LE is just being sure' theory doesn't work because again, that's not enough for a warrant - and the defense would have a party with that, basically: so you were so sure it was my client, you did a broad sweep of 11-months and got a warrant for 20 people's Tinder accounts. Not a good look.

Of course, SODDI defense is something LE wants to avoid, but that's why investigation and interviews continue. Warrants don't happen that way unless there is probable cause to believe that SODDI and then that's a whole other problem.

Warrants happen because there is probable cause that the place to be searched and the person/things to be seized are in that place and relate to the crime. So how would DD fit into that scenario? I wish I'd never seen all those new docs. I was at peace. :(:confused:

I have a question, if you can help, TIA

Did the neighbor's house possibly have more than one camera? You can clearly see the one at their "front" door attached under the light. In this picture, from the opposite side of their house and closer to Xana's room, does that look like another camera circled in red?
I have spent a lot of time looking for a second camera at 1112 King because of the "less than 50 feet" distance mentioned in the PCA, but I'm beginning to think there never was a second camera. Even if there was at one time, it seems like LE took the kid's front door, lightbulb camera when they collected the security footage of that night. It disappeared soon after the murders and is not seen in any later pictures, so I would guess that if they took the lightbulb camera, they took the second camera at the same time, if it even existed. I don't know, but I've decided that the search is probably in vain.

The area you have circled in that picture shows the corner of the right, front fender of a Jeep parked in one of the lots on the Walenta side of 1112. I had a bigger, better example of this photo at one time and you could easily see what it was. If you look closely you might be able to see the circular headlights. I promise to come back and share it with you when I find it again. I know I have it somewhere.

If you ever do find that second camera I would be endlessly grateful if you would give me a heads up. I promise to do the same.

You've perfectly explained my thoughts on the case. Something just seems off. I do think part of the reason we have that "glitch" (I love that) is the missing time between the murders and the 911 call and four hours that passed between the time the 911 call and the time officer Payne arrived on the scene (4 PM per the PCA). The swiftness of the gag order and the notes that revealing some of the information may endanger someone(s) adds to the intrigue.
Maybe. I'm really not sure why, just that something feels off. Edited a couple of times to delete and rephrase.

Last edited:
@schooling, do you know where the visit/interview with Nancy Grace is linked? I'm interested in revisiting the camera location and what those neighbours said. I saw at least two camera on the the outside of the relevant neighbours' house.Still looking for a photo of the second/more elevated camera and would like to revisit the MS<M article/interview Thank you!
There's a pic of the neighbors' camera in this article. I tried to upload it here but it says the file is too large.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member