4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 74

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point.

DoorDash texts people about their orders.

Even if the order was left on the porch she would likely have received a text update and retrieved it immediately, at 4:00am. This is plenty of time for the killer to miss the DD guy. It only takes A hot minute to drop off food.

And I agree, no way to drop off delivery in the back. A delivery person needs a well lighted area and clear normal path to walk on. We always make sure our light is on, our steps are salted, and if steps are too slippery we tell them to not go up them and stand next to them and knock on the bottom of the door.

There is no normal path to the back sliding glass door, it is basically an unpaved hill you would have to walk up, not realistic for deliveries in the dark in winter.

2 Cents
Yeah, I looked at those pictures and just imagined walking up that slope in daylight, with something 'breakable' in both my hands, and also no idea of the landscape and how steep it was going to get and how far away the door might be and thought, 'nope'.

And then I thought about doing it at 4am, in winter, with my car running and more orders waiting for me... and thought HECK NO.

It's a safety issue, first and foremost. I wouldn't be comfortable doing it. There'd be know way of knowing if you were going to step in a hole, trip over a stump or a wall, or meet an unfriendly dog. Or an unfriendly human. At least one of those was around that night. I don't know how many delivery drivers get mugged, but I bet it's comparable with taxi drivers. And in a student area of town, you can't tell me people don't play unfunny 'pranks' on people just trying to earn a living.

I would leave it at the clearly visible door with the cars parked next to it, and text the person who'd ordered the food where I'd left it. If they complained to my boss, I'd explain why I didn't climb a hill, in the dark, at 4am. Delivery folks literally don't get paid enough for that nonsense.

MOO

I had standard poodles (four of them, one after the other, last two were rescues) before this, and I thought THEY were loud. (And they are. Beautiful, goofy, high energy dogs that just love being with people, but very vocal, especially when excited or bored.) Murphy looks so much like my late pups, though all my standards were white (though the last one, my real rough-start rescue boy, had quite a lot of ginger highlights in his coat).

I just can't see someone in the dead of night walking around the house and up the hill in the dark with their arms full of paper bags of food to get to the sliding door. There was snow here and there on the ground, no path... it's just a slip and fall waiting to happen. Down you go, crash, wet, muddy, spoiled food, and you might have turned your ankle into the bargain.

I can't see Xana wanting him to bang on the front door at 4am either, though, with her housemate sleeping right there. If she got a message 'food's here' though, and went down quickly and quietly, opened the door, took the food, thanked the driver, then went back up the stairs to the kitchen, I can see that. I know when I've ordered KFC delivery out here, the driver will often text me when they park outside my house.

MOO
There was no snow on the night of the murders.

There was no snow on the night of the murders.
4 Idaho college students killed in 'targeted attack,' no suspects in custody

Scroll down to the photo of the house with the crime scene tape. You can see patchy snow on the slope of the hill on the right. That's where a driver would have had to walk with food bags at four am if he'd gone to the back.

There wasn't much if any snow along the drive or the front of the house, where it had full exposure to the sun, but in the shade of the trees towards the back, it was different.

I agree, there wasn't a heavy snowfall until later, around the time they towed the cars, but residual snow WAS on the ground on the slope at the time of the murders.

EDIT: You can see the amount of snow behind the houses more clearly HERE, in this video on twitter by a reporter. About four seconds in.

ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Died in Apparent Homicide, Moscow, 13 Nov 2022 ****Media Thread**** NO DISCUSSION

EDIT2: Good angle here, showing snow on their side of the fence, not just the neighbour's, in a strip you'd probably have to walk on if you're circling around the black SUV. About halfway down the article, front-on picture of the home.

University of Idaho homicide victims believed stabbed to death in 'isolated, targeted attack': police

Last edited:
I have been looking at the cell tower data warrants. It looks to me like early on ( Verizon is November 16/17) they were looking for ALL data around the crime scene from the carriers. Maybe someone who understands cell tower's location data techniques can read and comment? MOO

GPS coordinates all records and unique devices 3-5AM:

T mobile distance 2 miles
Verizon distance 0.5miles
Inland Cellular distance 0.5miles
ATT distance 0.5miles

August 1 2022-present All account info for three unknown subscriber numbers. These were early on too. MOO

Verizon
T mobile

These were all later:

ATT Specific number (redacted) Nov 12 12AM to Nov 14 12AM

ATT sealed

Verizon sealed
I’m thinking the “ATT sealed” likely relates to the warrant for historical + prospective CSLI + Pen Register/Trap + Trace - as I didn’t see these requests in the other ATT Docs

I have been looking at the cell tower data warrants. It looks to me like early on ( Verizon is November 16/17) they were looking for ALL data around the crime scene from the carriers. Maybe someone who understands cell tower's location data techniques can read and comment? MOO

ATT distance 0.5miles

August 1 2022-present All account info for three unknown subscriber numbers. These were early on too. MOO

Verizon
T mobile

These were all later:

ATT sealed

Verizon sealed
I’m thinking the “ATT sealed” likely relates to the warrant for historical + prospective CSLI + Pen Register/Trap + Trace - as I didn’t see these requests in the other ATT Docs

ATT distance 0.5miles

Verizon
T mobile

These were all later:

ATT sealed

Verizon sealed

Attachments

• C8A721BC-2971-45D2-8280-3BA976887C81.jpeg
    C8A721BC-2971-45D2-8280-3BA976887C81.jpeg
    165.8 KB · Views: 12

ATT distance 0.5miles

Verizon
T mobile

These were all later:

ATT sealed

Verizon sealed

Yeah, I looked at those pictures and just imagined walking up that slope in daylight, with something 'breakable' in both my hands, and also no idea of the landscape and how steep it was going to get and how far away the door might be and thought, 'nope'.

And then I thought about doing it at 4am, in winter, with my car running and more orders waiting for me... and thought HECK NO.

It's a safety issue, first and foremost. I wouldn't be comfortable doing it. There'd be know way of knowing if you were going to step in a hole, trip over a stump or a wall, or meet an unfriendly dog. Or an unfriendly human. At least one of those was around that night. I don't know how many delivery drivers get mugged, but I bet it's comparable with taxi drivers. And in a student area of town, you can't tell me people don't play unfunny 'pranks' on people just trying to earn a living.

I would leave it at the clearly visible door with the cars parked next to it, and text the person who'd ordered the food where I'd left it. If they complained to my boss, I'd explain why I didn't climb a hill, in the dark, at 4am. Delivery folks literally don't get paid enough for that nonsense.

MOO

Yes, it is a safety issue. Homeowners are responsible to keep delivery conditions safe enough when asking someone to come to their house, especially with snow and ice in the dark. Safety conditions are a big thing with me when I get night time deliveries in the winter.

I believe she received her food order at the front door right at 4:00 when it was delivered. I believe the killer either missed the DD driver - or saw him and simply waited a minute or 2 for the driver to pull away.

I wonder if the killer saw the DD driver pull in and this is one reason why the suspect's car was seen driving down King road then turning around.

Last edited:
There were other officers and forensic ISP on the scene when Payne arrived at 4pm, as per PCA. Nothing to suggest that police and investigators had only just arrived. I'm sure that police arrived very soon after the 911 call and began their work. Ofcourse I can't be certain but I think detectives would also have been on the scene by then. Certainly the ISP were. There would have been a lot to do there, including dealing/talking with and helping the survivors.

"On November 13,2022, at approximately 4:00
p.m., Moscow Police Department (MPD)
Sergeant Blaker and I responded to ll22KingRoad,
Moscow, Idaho, hereafter the "King Road
Residence," to assist with scene security and
processing of a crime scene associated with four
homicides. Upon our arrival, the Idaho State Police (lSP) Forensic team was on scene and was'preparing
to begin processing the scene. MPD Officer (OFC)
Smith, one of the initial respondingofficers to
the incident,
advised he would walk me through
the scene."
I would never go to the door with cash - we leave our tip with the e-order. We have two loud dogs that make any kind of cordial greeting at the door impossible - no driver likes to be screamed at by Snoopy. Also, I really don't want to interact with strangers these days.

I am now so curious how many of these drivers (nearly all of ours have out-of-California phone numbers) have dash cams. I'm guessing very few.

Fresh eyes and different training/abilities. I have mentioned before that report and affidavit writing is a particular skillset, often given to younger, less experienced officers in the investigative unit. The kinds of questions that newcomers ask can be helpful and since the affidavit does have to be read by a higher-up, there can be some training involved.

Being able to write a coherent affidavit is a sought-after skill with most LE departments, and not everyone is good at it (basic spelling and grammar in written form are a problem for some). A crime scene summary report is usually written by someone who is guided through the site by the principal investigators, is a good observer, is able to formulate questions, take notes and then write or dictate a report. This one had some minor errors, but wasn't too bad.

And no point in such a person arriving before the actual investigators and forensic crime scene data collectors have gotten the bulk of their work done - just another person in the way.

IME, IMPO.
The quote from the PCA above (in Jepop's post) says LE arrived to assist with processing of the crime scene and security. It also states that ISP forensic team was on scene and was preparing to BEGIN processing the scene at approximately 4pm. I missed that before.

MOO

I am also curious about the orders to seal that are completely redacted - no name act all. December warrants. of the two AT&Ts, one has a number associated with it and the dates are from 11.12 midnight to 11.14 midnight. Date of the warrant is 12.23. this is BK as cited on pg 12 of the PCA.
the other AT&T warrant is for the very limited timeframe 11.13 3 a.m. to 5 p.m.within .5 miles of the gps coordinates given. that was dated 11.16. That was also specified in the PCA and BK's phone did not show up. The PCA states that it is likely his phone was off during that time. But this is how warrants work -- place to be searched (very specific), things to be seized (ltd to cell info in the .5 mile radius) and obvious nexus to cream. jmo imo

Last edited:
I had standard poodles (four of them, one after the other, last two were rescues) before this, and I thought THEY were loud. (And they are. Beautiful, goofy, high energy dogs that just love being with people, but very vocal, especially when excited or bored.) Murphy looks so much like my late pups, though all my standards were white (though the last one, my real rough-start rescue boy, had quite a lot of ginger highlights in his coat).

I just can't see someone in the dead of night walking around the house and up the hill in the dark with their arms full of paper bags of food to get to the sliding door. There was snow here and there on the ground, no path... it's just a slip and fall waiting to happen. Down you go, crash, wet, muddy, spoiled food, and you might have turned your ankle into the bargain.

I can't see Xana wanting him to bang on the front door at 4am either, though, with her housemate sleeping right there. If she got a message 'food's here' though, and went down quickly and quietly, opened the door, took the food, thanked the driver, then went back up the stairs to the kitchen, I can see that. I know when I've ordered KFC delivery out here, the driver will often text me when they park outside my house.

MOO

I think if a car drives up Queens Rd and parks at the back of the house, there's not much hill to climb - just a short walk to the "balcony." I think if the customer requests that frequently, then the driver learns to do it - and that's possible. Someone who orders JitB at 4 am one time has probably done it a few other times, IMO.

But yeah, just specifying to leave and text would be the usual way for most people, esp. college students, esp. at that time of night.

IMO.

I think if a car drives up Queens Rd and parks at the back of the house, there's not much hill to climb - just a short walk to the "balcony." I think if the customer requests that frequently, then the driver learns to do it - and that's possible. Someone who orders JitB at 4 am one time has probably done it a few other times, IMO.

But yeah, just specifying to leave and text would be the usual way for most people, esp. college students, esp. at that time of night.

IMO.
I don't know about that... that hill looks even worse. Trees and scrubby plants and...bracken?, all quite close together, lots of wet dead leaves (a slippery nightmare), and the ground looks very uneven. Broken ankle territory, in the dark, with patches of snow. At least the approach from the front has gravel.

But yeah, I think, like my KFC order, she got an alert or a text, and either opened the door to the delivery person, or grabbed the bag from the front stoop. I think she got the bags directly from a person, just based on impressions of how things were worded around the delivery driver and the delivery. I think he literally saw Xana, and either handed her the bag or saw her open the door to take it. But it's just my impression, as are my ideas about the ankle breaking nature of deliveries in dark, uneven territory, so it should all be considered MOO.

Last edited:
back to Door Dash. imo jmo ime these warrants aren't about deliveries. if LE just wanted to talk to DD employees, they could do that without a warrant. imo jmo ime

Door Dash 1.1.2022 to present Warrant dated 12.6.22

Tinder 19 or 20 names redacted from 11.3.2022 to the present. Warrant dated 12.6.22 same date as Door Dash

then

Tinder from March 1, 2021 to March 31, 2021 for 20 redacted names/accounts - that's not just LE being Tinder curious imo (last match warrant).
Second warrant dated 12.22.2022 -- so what did they find on the 12.6 warrant that gave PC to go to these dates?

Again, this is significant. The courts do not just randomly hit Tinder accounts because no one wants to see all those pics imo jmo lol plus huge violation of civil rights. Trolling is not allowed with warrants. And BK was almost arrested, so what else did they find with the DD guys?

no wonder there is a gag order on this. imo jmo ime

Last edited:

MOO

IMO.

MOO
I have never ordered from DD, but I use a food delivery service that does. I always get a text from the company that essentially says, "don't come to the door," but if you must, wear a COVID mask. the only time I even talk to them is if they call to ask where to leave my order or I am close to the door and open it while the driver is walking back to the car.

4 Idaho college students killed in 'targeted attack,' no suspects in custody

Scroll down to the photo of the house with the crime scene tape. You can see patchy snow on the slope of the hill on the right. That's where a driver would have had to walk with food bags at four am if he'd gone to the back.

There wasn't much if any snow along the drive or the front of the house, where it had full exposure to the sun, but in the shade of the trees towards the back, it was different.

I agree, there wasn't a heavy snowfall until later, around the time they towed the cars, but residual snow WAS on the ground on the slope at the time of the murders.

EDIT: You can see the amount of snow behind the houses more clearly HERE, in this video on twitter by a reporter. About four seconds in.

ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Died in Apparent Homicide, Moscow, 13 Nov 2022 ****Media Thread**** NO DISCUSSION

EDIT2: Good angle here, showing snow on their side of the fence, not just the neighbour's, in a strip you'd probably have to walk on if you're circling around the black SUV. About halfway down the article, front-on picture of the home.

University of Idaho homicide victims believed stabbed to death in 'isolated, targeted attack': police
We discussed this in earlier threads. Because we were discussing visability on the night.

Observed Weather in November 2022 in Moscow​

Fall 2022
Link
Download
Compare
Averages
History:JFMAMJJASONovD2021202020192018

foghazedrizzlelight rainmoderate rainheavy rainfreezing rainsleetsnow grainslight snowmoderate snowheavy snowhailthunderstorm
The hourly observed weather, color coded by category (in order of severity). If multiple reports are present, the most severe code is shown.
DayObservationsPrecipitationCodes
Tue, 1 NovLight Snow, Rain, Light Rain, Mist23 mm-SN, RA, -RA, BR
Wed, 2 NovLight Snow, Mist2 mm-SN, BR
Thu, 3 NovLight Snow, Mist1 mm-SN, BR
Fri, 4 NovLight Snow, Rain, Light Rain, Mist45 mm-SN, RA, -RA, BR
Sat, 5 NovThunderstorm in the Vicinity, Heavy Rain, Light Rain, Mist4 mmVCTS, +RA, -RA, BR
Mon, 7 NovLight Snow, Light Rain, Mist, Unknown Precipitation6 mm-SN, -RA, BR, UP
Tue, 8 NovHazeHZ
Sat, 12 NovMistBR
Sun, 13 NovHaze, MistHZ, BR
Tue, 15 NovMistBR
Wed, 16 NovFreezing Fog, MistFZFG, BR
Thu, 17 NovMistBR
Tue, 22 NovLight Snow, Light Rain, Fog, Freezing Fog, Mist9 mm-SN, -RA, FG, FZFG, BR
Wed, 23 NovFog, Mist, Unknown Precipitation0 mmFG, BR, UP
Fri, 25 NovLight Snow, Light Rain, Mist6 mm-SN, -RA, BR
Sat, 26 NovLight Snow, Fog, Freezing Fog, Mist0 mm-SN, FG, FZFG, BR
Sun, 27 NovLight Rain, Mist1 mm-RA, BR
Mon, 28 NovHeavy Snow, Snow, Light Snow, Freezing Fog, Mist4 mm+SN, SN, -SN, FZFG, BR
Tue, 29 NovHazeHZ
Wed, 30 NovHeavy Snow, Snow, Light Snow, Freezing Fog, Mist, Unknown Precipitation5 mm+SN, SN, -SN, FZFG, BR, UP

MOO

As I tried to point out, one can drive to the back of the house and not walk up the hill (at least that's how it looks in many of the reporters' videos and on the video where KG meets the police during the first party where there's a police call.

DoorDash drivers are fairly resourceful. The walk from the back side to the door is pretty short. In the link below you can see a car parked, on asphalt, just about 20-30 steps away from the slider. It's the third picture on this link (too large to upload here)

A lot of drivers would be glad for the opportunity to stretch their legs. But I think that little path shown in that third picture is frequently used, and it's on the side of the house where, I believe, there's no camera pointed either. If requested, why wouldn't the DoorDash driver try to do what the customer wanted? It's possible, anyway. That patio with the couch on it is the one that opens onto the floor where Xana lived.

IMO.

We discussed this in earlier threads. Because we were discussing visability on the night.

Observed Weather in November 2022 in Moscow​

Fall 2022
Link
Download
Compare
Averages
History:JFMAMJJASONovD2021202020192018

foghazedrizzlelight rainmoderate rainheavy rainfreezing rainsleetsnow grainslight snowmoderate snowheavy snowhailthunderstorm
The hourly observed weather, color coded by category (in order of severity). If multiple reports are present, the most severe code is shown.
DayObservationsPrecipitationCodes
Tue, 1 NovLight Snow, Rain, Light Rain, Mist23 mm-SN, RA, -RA, BR
Wed, 2 NovLight Snow, Mist2 mm-SN, BR
Thu, 3 NovLight Snow, Mist1 mm-SN, BR
Fri, 4 NovLight Snow, Rain, Light Rain, Mist45 mm-SN, RA, -RA, BR
Sat, 5 NovThunderstorm in the Vicinity, Heavy Rain, Light Rain, Mist4 mmVCTS, +RA, -RA, BR
Mon, 7 NovLight Snow, Light Rain, Mist, Unknown Precipitation6 mm-SN, -RA, BR, UP
Tue, 8 NovHazeHZ
Sat, 12 NovMistBR
Sun, 13 NovHaze, MistHZ, BR
Tue, 15 NovMistBR
Wed, 16 NovFreezing Fog, MistFZFG, BR
Thu, 17 NovMistBR
Tue, 22 NovLight Snow, Light Rain, Fog, Freezing Fog, Mist9 mm-SN, -RA, FG, FZFG, BR
Wed, 23 NovFog, Mist, Unknown Precipitation0 mmFG, BR, UP
Fri, 25 NovLight Snow, Light Rain, Mist6 mm-SN, -RA, BR
Sat, 26 NovLight Snow, Fog, Freezing Fog, Mist0 mm-SN, FG, FZFG, BR
Sun, 27 NovLight Rain, Mist1 mm-RA, BR
Mon, 28 NovHeavy Snow, Snow, Light Snow, Freezing Fog, Mist4 mm+SN, SN, -SN, FZFG, BR
Tue, 29 NovHazeHZ
Wed, 30 NovHeavy Snow, Snow, Light Snow, Freezing Fog, Mist, Unknown Precipitation5 mm+SN, SN, -SN, FZFG, BR, UP
I didn't say it was snowing, I said there were patches of snow on the ground that someone could slip on if they went out of the light and around the house, which there clearly still were a day or two after the murders, because those articles and the Twitter video are dated. I found links with photographs showing the snow on the ground at the back of the house, taken only a day or two after they were killed. I don't know what else to say. If your chart is correct, I assume the snow on the ground was still there from the fall on the 7th, almost a week earlier, since there isn't another recorded snowfall on your chart until the 22nd. It cannot be fresh snow in the photographs because the video and articles are dated from 15th-16th, days before the fall on the 22nd. And that still holds, even though the dates 18th - 21st are missing. The snow may have even been fresher than a week, since the 9th - 11th is missing, too.

The snow is not fresh. It's up to almost week old. You can still slip on snow that fell a week ago.

MOO

Last edited:
I have never ordered from DD, but I use a food delivery service that does. I always get a text from the company that essentially says, "don't come to the door," but if you must, wear a COVID mask. the only time I even talk to them is if they call to ask where to leave my order or I am close to the door and open it while the driver is walking back to the car.
Well, if she did take it directly - or if Ethan did - the driver should still be able to say which household member received it. Xana was the only female brunette, and Ethan the only male. I assume the porch light was on for him to find the house, that's what I always do when I'm taking delivery of something after dark. They would have been lit by it as they took the bag - whether that was from his hands, or from the stoop as he got back in his car. And even if it wasn't on, he may have left his headlights on in the drive to light his path to the door.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member