4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #81

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • CNN first reported parents subpoena only.

• Next reporting possible DS went missing in the same county where BK lived.

1/3 NewsNation has learned Bryan Kohberger’s parents were called to testify before a grand jury in Pennsylvania. The case is related to Dana Smithers – a 45-year-old woman who went missing in May of 2022 in Monroe County – the same county where Kohberger lived.

2/3 A source close to the case says Kohberger has a solid alibi and is likely not connected to Smither’s disappearance – but the grand jury has not concluded their proceedings and the investigation is ongoing.

3/3 NewsNation has previously reported that investigators were also looking into another case in Pennsylvania to determine whether Kohberger was involved.

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin (Newsnation)

• Most recent: New York Post 5/25/2023

Smithers’ sister, Stacey Anne, revealed the connection was made by online sleuths who reached out to her with tips on a Facebook page dedicated to “Finding Dana.”

She wrote about the amateur sleuths in a post on January 2, thanking them for “reaching out recently regarding the possibility of the suspect in the horrific murders in Idaho having been in our area around the time of my sister, Dana’s disappearance.”

I've also thought it odd that the HVAC van showed up when it did and your post bringing it up again makes me wonder: Could the rental house at 1122 King Rd have had a wireless thermostat? If so, might BK have hacked into the home's wireless network through that wireless thermostat?

It's quite possible that their WiFi network was open. They were known for being a party house, easier to have open WiFi than keep giving out the password. Not very smart though, granted.

I also wonder about the HVAC van, in the last thread I wondered if they were checking it for a camera, this was after Dateline insinuated that BK had engineered a situation with his colleague so he could set up cameras in her apartment, though that is speculation.

| May 25, 2023 2:15 PM

Maddie May Mogen would have turned 22 today.

Her family is hosting a Random Acts of Kindness Day in her honor. They are working to bring a little more love into this world, just as Maddie did in her life.

Anyone can participate by conducting a random act of kindness for others. Pay for a stranger's coffee, mow a neighbor's lawn, bring flowers to a friend or bake cookies for your coworkers.

• CNN first reported parents subpoena only.

• Next reporting possible DS went missing in the same county where BK lived.

1/3 NewsNation has learned Bryan Kohberger’s parents were called to testify before a grand jury in Pennsylvania. The case is related to Dana Smithers – a 45-year-old woman who went missing in May of 2022 in Monroe County – the same county where Kohberger lived.

2/3 A source close to the case says Kohberger has a solid alibi and is likely not connected to Smither’s disappearance – but the grand jury has not concluded their proceedings and the investigation is ongoing.

3/3 NewsNation has previously reported that investigators were also looking into another case in Pennsylvania to determine whether Kohberger was involved.

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin (Newsnation)

• Most recent: New York Post 5/25/2023

Smithers’ sister, Stacey Anne, revealed the connection was made by online sleuths who reached out to her with tips on a Facebook page dedicated to “Finding Dana.”

She wrote about the amateur sleuths in a post on January 2, thanking them for “reaching out recently regarding the possibility of the suspect in the horrific murders in Idaho having been in our area around the time of my sister, Dana’s disappearance.”

Bbm.
Hmmm. So, different from DS' case ?
Holy crapola-- has BK left a trail of bodies wherever he went ?
Imo.

May 25 will now be known as Maddie May Day, an annual holiday the family of Madison Mogen has created that asks the public to do random acts of kindness.

“We were just so lucky to have her in our life for the time that we did,” Ben Mogen, Maddie’s father said.

Saw this so checked the Stroud Police department facebook page:

View attachment 424588

And another example of the MSM being totally out of control. Rooting for the gag order a little more each day.

JMO

Could it be possible that PA authorities have received a series of tips about BK and that is the topic of the GJ?

IOW, perhaps there's a little evidence here, a little over there (of stalking, of him being in places where people disappeared). Enough to want to ask questions about Kohberger in a GJ?

As with @MassGuy and @x_files, I think there simply has to be more to this. It's also possible that tips went straight to the DA, right?

IMO.
I am intrigued by all of this, but at the same time skeptical.

The victim, DS, is not Kohberger's type. Older, mother of three, settled. OTOH, one of those other vics out west was an older woman, living alone.

Kohberger's MO in Idaho was to blitz kill and leave the bodies where they fell. This was done both in the murder of the young married couple and of the older woman, both still unsolved.

DS's body was dumped off an exit of 180 in the Poconos,
in a wooded area. Strangely, her cellphone, purse, and medication were all found at her home.

I hope PA State Police get to the bottom of this case.

The FBI may have hinted for PA to move ahead with this in order to further the Idaho case (psychological and monetary strain on parents, can see how good/bad they are at testimony, perhaps even trying to get some sort of hearsay exception admitted)
Pretty shady imho but all is fair in love and war as they say.

I think that would be an abuse of power to the millionth degree. JMO

Pretty shady imho but all is fair in love and war as they say.

This isn't love or war, however; this is the law. And shady is exactly the opposite of what we want in law IMO, and I base that one the rules of professional conduct which further expound upon what is expected from the profession. And abuse of power and the limitations and rules are available in the constitutions, legislation and case law, and the only legal or other professionals who would encourage "shady" in BK's case or any other are themselves shady, so I like to believe that includes none in LE or attorneys in the case.

If BK’s parents are being subpoenaed, and it’s not the missing woman’s case, then I wonder if it is about the Idaho case? That would make more sense to me. JMO
The GJ there does not have the authority to address crimes from other states.

Here it is...

By law, a Monroe County grand jury can only review potential crimes that occurred within Monroe County, Pennsylvania. It is unclear what potential crime they are investigating.

Last edited:
I am intrigued by all of this, but at the same time skeptical.

The victim, DS, is not Kohberger's type. Older, mother of three, settled. OTOH, one of those other vics out west was an older woman, living alone.

Kohberger's MO in Idaho was to blitz kill and leave the bodies where they fell. This was done both in the murder of the young married couple and of the older woman, both still unsolved.

DS's body was dumped off an exit of 180 in the Poconos,
in a wooded area. Strangely, her cellphone, purse, and medication were all found at her home.

I hope PA State Police get to the bottom of this case.

The reason I write posts comparing BK to other known serial killers and mass murderers is that many do not have "a type." Elliot Rodger, a mass murderer, had a three phase plan with very different victims chosen for each phase (he never got to phase 2). Joe DeAngelo changed types consistently over the time he raped and murdered. Ted Bundy was a bit more consistently, but the Boston Strangler wasn't. Kemper was more consistent (except that time he killed his grandparents).

Killers kill for many complex reasons and often escalate/change strategies (that's how DeAngelo evaded being captured for so long - he was a policeman and knew that people put too much stock in "types" and so he changed up his "type" (began with teenage girls, IMO).

Choosing different types, in other words, would be a Rational Choice (the theory Kohberger espoused in his master's thesis as his main theory of how criminals plan or script their crimes according to his Prof, Prof B at DeSales).

However, the local PD denying having any evidence of such a connection certainly puts this GJ action in a peculiar light. Don't know what to make of it.

IMO.

What exactly is gone? I might have it because I download everything and then I can take a screenshot so we can see it.

I have so many downloads from this Case I need a secretary.
Hi @Cool Cats just wondering if you can clarify something for me please in those documents ??

I have read multiple times that the Prosecution have dropped “the sheath” from the evidence, after Ann Taylor challenged the type of testing that was done to obtain the DNA evidence???

Is this correct???

I believe the information was in those documents lodged to date ….and the Prosecution has now removed the sheath from the probable cause statement entirely. (Apologise if that is the wrong terminolog) So that Ann Taylor could not get everything from that statement dropped due to one item ….IYKWIM?

I did have a rest from following this case as it was consuming my life, trying to follow every written word about the case …. So apologise if this has been answered in a prior thread…

All IMO

Newsweek reporting on police addressing Dana S case:

From the link:

""And secondly, the information from CNN is that the mother has already testified and the father will be testifying. So, that gives me pause. If they've already said he is unequivocally not involved, why are they still calling another parent to testify?""

Maybe anonymous sources just can't be trusted and there is no GJ that subpoenaed the parents. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member