4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #84

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
18-5001. MAYHEM DEFINED. Every person who unlawfully and maliciously deprives a human being of a member of his body, or disables, disfigures or renders it useless, or cuts out or disables the tongue, puts out an eye, slits the nose, ear or lip, is guilty of mayhem.
Wow! I never knew this! I always thought that mayhem just meant something like pandemonium. I really hope this is not relevant to the deceased students?! :(

Last edited:
Agree about the phone evidence. Per the warrants, LE requested cell data from within a half mile of the King road house, so it isn't just like his phone was within the entire cell tower's range, in any direction, 12 random visits to Moscow. He was within a half mile (using sectors and distances, they can narrow it down a lot).

Then SG mentioned that BK's phone had been close enough to "touch" their wifi/bluetooth. IMO, that's enough to toss out any suggestions that he was just going shopping or whatever. He was right there, 12 times, mostly late night or early morning hours, at the same house where his DNA was later found on something directly associated with the murder weapon, under a victim's body. The evidence is starting to stack (I stole that line from the Kegan Kline interview).
The ATT geofence warrant was for 3-5AM
When BKs phone was turned off

GPS Coordinates: Distance from Location:_ 0.50 miles Date: November 13, 2022 Time: 3:00 a.m. 5:00 am. (PST

The other early on ATT warrant:

number between November 12, 2022 at 12:00 am. PST to November 14, 2022 at 12:00 am. PST. Information should include user accomt information, location data, and stored communications held by AT&T, described in further detail as follows

The third was for two numbers unknown users

For the time period of: June 23, 2022, to August 1, 2022

The first warrant does NOT include 6th Ammend as a reason for sealing.
The second and third warrant DO include 6th Ammend as a reason for sealing.

MOO
edit: bolded DO

Small but interesting article about an arrest of BK in 2014. So he was out of rehab and then stole his sister's phone for money. Wonder if we'll start hearing more things like this about BK?

<snipped>

Back in Pennsylvania, on Saturday, Feb. 8, 2014, Bryan Kohberger had "recently exited a rehab center and rejoined the family," his father told police, according to the records reviewed by ABC News. Home from rehab, Bryan took his sister M's iPhone, which had an estimated value of $400, Michael Kohberger told police, according to the records.

Authorities said, according to the records, Bryan Kohberger paid a friend $20 to pick him up and take him to a local mall, where he sold the phone for $200 at an automated kiosk for used electronics.

Idaho college killings suspect was first arrested in 2014, records show

IMO - I find this very interesting as I thought I’d read nearly every article about this case & I’ve never seen this article & I’ve never heard about anything about any search for Nissan Sentra’s in this case despite this article. MOO
Good morning! There are sleuthers who disagree with me but, so far, I believe that to be an editing error in the article. There is no transition to explain the change. One paragraph it's a Nissan, the next paragraph it's a Hyundai. I just find it hard to believe that not one other reporter caught that, when they were all scrambling for something - anything - to talk about. We'll see eventually. :)

I understand the method used to develop a SNP.
I do not understand why it has to be kept secret from the defense. Why ask for a protective order and balk at giving the requested discovery?
I am more interested in the sequence of events and how they relate to the investigation:
The D deserves to know the sequence of events, why they ocurred in that sequence, and how it relates to what else was going on in the investigation at that time. Why did the fbi stop the lab ( a lab that is known for doing great work with genealogy) and decide to do it themselves? When did that happen? Were they just focusing on BK or pursuing other leads. Once the fbi received the snp did they load it up and go directly to a kohberger relative? Or did they proceed normally, not knowing where it would lead and narrow it down to multiple individuals and give LE a tip about each individual? Did LE pursue each individual? Was there only one tip? Did they have Kohberger in their sites at the time? How long did the family tree take to complete? Is it the normal amount of time it usually takes?
IMO the method is important, the process is important, the sequence of events is important, how it relates to the entire investigation is important.
IMO this should not be hidden from the defense.
Not only should it not be hidden from the defense, it also should not be hidden from the general public. People who are interested (such as everyone in Moscow AND families with children in college AND anyone else who is concerned that justice is meted out impartially) deserve this reassurance and, MOST OF ALL, the families of the victims, especially deserve the peace of mind of knowing that this was done correctly and that the testing definitely led to the correct suspect. Only full exposure to the light of day insures that this is so.

Good morning! There are sleuthers who disagree with me but, so far, I believe that to be an editing error in the article. There is no transition to explain the change. One paragraph it's a Nissan, the next paragraph it's a Hyundai. I just find it hard to believe that not one other reporter caught that, when they were all scrambling for something - anything - to talk about. We'll see eventually. :)
You are right I am sure.

Nissan about as reliable as BF coming face to face with a naked man.

Last edited:
The ATT geofence warrant was for 3-5AM
When BKs phone was turned off

GPS Coordinates: Distance from Location:_ 0.50 miles Date: November 13, 2022 Time: 3:00 a.m. 5:00 am. (PST

The other early on ATT warrant:

number between November 12, 2022 at 12:00 am. PST to November 14, 2022 at 12:00 am. PST. Information should include user accomt information, location data, and stored communications held by AT&T, described in further detail as follows

The third was for two numbers unknown users

For the time period of: June 23, 2022, to August 1, 2022

The first warrant does NOT include 6th Ammend as a reason for sealing.
The second and third warrant DO include 6th Ammend as a reason for sealing.

MOO
edit: bolded DO
I wonder if that's because BK's phone number wasn't found to be in the area of the geofence. We know from the PCA that it wasn't utilizing any towers during that timeframe at all. So if the defense managed to get evidence thrown out, like DNA and vehicle footage, then it would be like, "look, his phone wasn't even in the area."

Was someone else using his phone?
Yeah, right now the only way I can see that BK is not the murderer: if there was someone else, who was using his phone and his car and his knife sheath to commit the crime. Who was the same height and had the same eyebrows. And had used the phone and the car before for stalking, too.
All while BK was sleeping soundly in his bed, of course.

All of these MOO and JMO

I have not got a clue about the DNA but I would like someone to explain this to me.

The DNA found on the knife sheath is touch DNA which is not as reliable as a DNA (not sure if approved source but this one source - DNA--is touch or transfer DNA reliable evidence of guilt — Court-Martial Trial Practice Blog — May 9, 2022.)

Must repeat- have no idea how this works but what if FBI in fact, with having only touch DNA, had no full DNA available so they in fact had to develop the full profile - this to illustrate how complex this stuff is Touch DNA: impact of handling time on touch deposit and evaluation of different recovery techniques: An experimental study - Scientific Reports

Touch DNA would not be complete DNA it seems and so how did they get to the full DNA from that?

I am truly confused by this and would like someone to explain it to me, please.

MOO and JMO and a big thank you to anyone that can shed some light on my dilemma

Another MOO and JMO

if they do not provide who the relatives used to build DNA are they could in fact be fishing in the completely wrong pond.

What if your father is not really your biological father? And they connect you through your "father", his brother, and your cousin. When not single of these people is in fact connected to you. I would certainly love to see my "relatives" used in that case...

MOO and JMO

Yeah, right now the only way I can see that BK is not the murderer: if there was someone else, who was using his phone and his car and his knife sheath to commit the crime. Who was the same height and had the same eyebrows. And had used the phone and the car before for stalking, too.

If it was someone else using Bryan's car and phone and planting his DNA, if this were true, I can tell you with 100% certainty that AT his attorney would have not only had an immediate preliminary hearing but a bond hearing as well. Probably asked for bond in the preliminary hearing as is often done.

I'm not sure I'm following what your saying.

Are you saying BK's DNA is the only thing linking him to the crime scene, thus this is not enough evidence?

His DNA wasn't just sitting on a door knob, it's on a sheath that held a knife and a knife killed the 4 victims and the DNA was found under a victim. This is bona fide strong evidence.

Then there is multiple pieces of evidence linking BK to King Rd right up to the house through several videos and phone data.

Nobody can explain BK's phone so people who think there is not enough evidence to convict BK refuse to talk about his phone. Why? Because there is no explanation for his phone pinging where it was pinging and being turned off when it was turned off.

Easy to say, "maybe it's not his car" but no one wants to touch the phone evidence with a ten foot pole.

Was someone else using his phone?

2 Cents

Actually multiple people have talked about the phone, including me. I'm just always told I'm wrong. JMO

Actually multiple people have talked about the phone. They're just always told they're wrong. JMO
You always say you think he is innocent why don't you explain this innocent man's phone pings and turning off his phone that night.

I haven't heard your opinion on his phone pinging back and forth to Moscow on night of murders. What the heck was he doing? What is his alibi for 4:00 am that night? Why was he in Moscow?

His phone has killed his alibi. Prosecutors are still waiting - 6 months - for his alibi.

Last edited:
Wow! I never knew this! I always thought that mayhem just meant something like pandemonium. I really hope this is not relevant to the deceased students?! :(
Perhaps I'm over-simplifying but, when I read #4, I assumed it related to the burglary charge.

"The murder was committed in perpetration of, or attempt to perpetrate, arson, rape, robbery, burglary, kidnapping or mayhem and the defendant killed, intended a killing, or acted with reckless indifference to human life; and/or

You always say you think he is innocent why don't you explain this innocent man's phone pings and turning off his phone that night.

I haven't heard your opinion on his phone pinging back and forth to Moscow on night of murders. What the heck was he doing? What is his alibi for 4:00 am that night? Why was he in Moscow?

His phone has killed his alibi. Prosecutors are still waiting - 6 months - for his alibi.

Actually, I've never said he was innocent. I've said that I have no doubt he's guilty of something, whether it's stalking or murder, I'm not sure, but I'm not 100% sold on him being the one and only murderer or that I'm not sure if he's guilty or murder or not. In fact, SEVERAL times I've said that if he's guilty, I don't believe he acted alone. I've also said I hope he actually is guilty and isn't just a scapegoat. I honestly don't remember ever saying he's innocent.

Never let anybody use my car and my personal phone is with me for use in emergencies, so I don't see somebody who's socially-awkward moving to a new area and lending out their car and phone. It has been widely reported he does not sleep much. Probably scrolling that phone and driving that car. Makes no sense, but I get your point. JMOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SierraShadow2139125