4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #84

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever the FBI has, it has. The point of the State's response is that the State does not have the FBI notes or records. The FBI doesn't give out its notes or records. The PD can ask a Federal Judge to subpoena those records (my bet is that no judge will do this). So no one has those records.

Results from a third party service doing genetic genealogy aren't going to be searchable by any regular search engine - only within the portal of that entity. Perhaps they do not allow saving/downloading the personal information of their thousands of clients.

It would be like using a digital phone book that the phone copy made read-only. Or something.

IMO.
I thought they kept the data after reading this DOJ policy (2019) in AT's declaration
It isn't clear to me what data they mean though. JMO

Exhibit B of ACTaylor Declaration:

UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE INTERIM POLICY FORENSIC GENETIC GENEALOGICAL DNA ANALYSIS AND SEARCHING

Page 7:

If suspect is arrested and charged with criminal offense after an GG profile has been entered into one or more DTC services, the investigative agency shall make prompt formal request that all FGG profiles and associated account information and data held by any such service be removed from its records and provided directly to the investigative agency.” The investigative agency shall document its request and compliance by the DTC service(s). All FGG profiles, account information, and data shall be retained by the investigative agency for potential use during prosecution and subsequent judicial proceedings.

If suspect is arrested and charged with criminal offense afier an FGG profile has been entered into an open-data personal genomics DNA database, the investigative agency shall promptly remove the FGG profile and all associated account information and data from the database.” The investigative agency shall document the removal of this information and data shall be retained by the investigative agency for potential use during prosecution and subsequent judicial proceedings.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

The document I referred to is the one that mentiones the 3 additonal male DNA found at the crime scene, the november 28 date is from there, not search warrant document. There was no search warrant for BK in november. The recent defense's objection to state motion. I<modsnip> That's why i asked for the date.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
I was looking at the map to get a closer look at Ridge Road, when I zoomed in (Google Maps) I found that Ridge Road after a short bit turns into Walenta and the road that loops back up to Lauder then Taylor is also called Walenta. Many times I use another map app and it does not show this loop as being called Walenta, instead it has it as Ridge road. o_O

Now thinking again about the PCA:

These sightings show Suspect Vehicle I makes an initial three passes by the 1122 King Road residence and then leave via Walenta Drive.

Suspect Vehicle I is next seen departing the area of the King Road Residence at approximately 4:20 a.m. at a high rate of speed. Suspect Vehicle I is next observed traveling southbound on Walenta Drive.

ETA: and trying to fit the Ridge Road sighting reported in the latest objection.

Last edited:
The document I referred to is the one that mentiones the 3 additonal male DNA found at the crime scene, the november 28 date is from there, not search warrant document. There was no search warrant for BK in november. The recent defense objection's to state motion. <modsnip> That's why i asked for the date.
Would you be able to add a link in your post (just for sake of being thorough)?

<modsnip - off limits>

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO the defense was full prepared to position/present 1122 King Rd. as a party house filled with 100s of potential suspects....and the fact that there were only 3 unknown DNA samples in there is likely a major bummer. Regardless of how it's spun....

EVERYONE was expecting more. Just look at 'experts' on TV early on in this case and comments on Websleuths.

If I was a juror, the improbability of BKs DNA magically finding it's way onto the sheath, into the house, and on to the bed is only AMPLIFIED by my paragraph above.

If it was 15 unknown samples at a house reportedly notorious for partying this would be a very different case (if where to look at DNA in a vacuum and ignore the crap ton of other evidence).

Right, just pointing out they only mentioned the unknown male samples— nothing about how many unknown female samples were present. For all we know there were also unknown female prints. I am mentioning this for the sake of accuracy.

Last edited:
If I recall correctly, Dennis Rader (BTK) said something similar to at least one of his victims to help control the situation. It seems plausible to me that BK might have done the same. MOOooo
Didn't one of BK's professors write a book about BTK? It wouldn't surprise me if BK repeated the same phrase. Remember how long it took to catch BTK? 30 freaking years.

JMO

Why did the prosecution go the route of a GJ? I'm not at all familiar with GJs, but I know they are secret. Were they protecting witnesses? What other reasons do they do them, and wouldn't the defense always have complaints due to the secrecy?
MOO
Not sure about any other states so keep that in mind please.
In the State of Texas the district attorney/prosecutor has to go before the grand jury and provide enough of the states evidence in order to convince the gj to hand down an indictment to the charges.

You have to be indicted by the grand jury before the prosecutor can charge you of a crime. In Texas I know.

Is there any significance to the 18th specifically? 5 days after the murders. Disturbed by the events of 11/13, I know I didn't go over that way, driving around near the investigation seemed inappropriate on so many levels. This is a University Heights neighborhood adjacent to fraternities adjacent to UI. What business could BK have there, even entry to the arboretum for a run is easily accessed on Nez Perce or below. There are also plenty of more convenient places near his location.

I'm just saying a resident moving to Pullman attending WSU originally from Pennsylvania had no business in this area. I'm going to guess he was parking above and doing some investigating of the investigation himself. Ballsy, IMHO.
As far as the Nov 18th date goes, my best guess is that it(the vehicle in question) was likely ruled unrelated by investigators at some point, but a related report has been picked up by the defense in discovery and queried for their own reasons. Moo

I read the objection as saying that when the officers discovered (glimpsed) the white sedan on camera it was the 18th. They had to collect the video before discovering it on camera. MOO

From the objection:

One area of the investigation had to do with white sedan seen on camera located at 1112 King Road first glimpsed by officers on November 18, 2022
I see what you mean, it is not well worded but yes that's probably it. Moo

MOO
Not sure about any other states so keep that in mind please.
In the State of Texas the district attorney/prosecutor has to go before the grand jury and provide enough of the states evidence in order to convince the gj to hand down an indictment to the charges.

You have to be indicted by the grand jury before the prosecutor can charge you of a crime. In Texas I know.

Fifth Amendment. Unless I’m misunderstanding the context, he has a constitutional right to a grand jury hearing!

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT CHRIS MCDONOUGH AND THE INTERVIEW ROOM

Nothing that Chris M says is allowed on this forum unless it is backed up by law enforcement.

Chris has personally lied to me. He accused an innocent man of being Brian Laundry. He lied about being removed from the Crow lawsuit. He was removed but then put back in the lawsuit and lost. Chris told me he was removed from the lawsuit and was not sued. He never told me he was added back into the lawsuit and lost. Chris was sued for getting a false confession in the murder of Stephanie Crow.
I could go on but suffice it to say anything he says is not allowed. Even if it is in mainstream media.

Again only if what he said is backed up by an actual law enforcement source.

Here is the documentation on the Crow lawsuit
The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals Ruling from 2010 which overrules Dougie's decision from 2004.

Retired judge slams Crowe case

"A federal trial judge in San Diego dismissed the bulk of the civil rights suit in 2004. But six years later, the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals revived the lawsuit, finding that Escondido police violated the civil rights of Crowe and his friends during “hours of grueling, psychologically abusive interrogations.”

The above links come from a great YouTube creator called Scientific Skeptic. If you go to this video there are more links describing the interrogation tools used by Chris and others in the Crow case,

Because Chris mistakenly named the wrong man on my YouTube channel and never told me to take down the false information I made this apology video when I discovered what happened,
Here is the apology video I had to make because of what Chris said on my Livestream.

The glove that Chris found was not there on the day of the Moscow Idaho murders

The MOB Crew has a great video showing the ground the day of the killing where the glove was found later in the month. On that day the glove was not there. Go to @2:35 of this video

I am not suggesting Chris did not legitimately find the glove. Just showing you it has nothing to do with the case. I will be shocked if Chris updates the story about the glove.

For those of you who know me this is an extremely unusual step for me to take. This is how strongly I feel. I was lied to but more importantly, because of Chris' actions, people's lives were threatened in the Summer Wells case.

Please do not discuss this post on this thread. If you have any questions please email me at websleuthsvideos@gmail.com

Tricia
Dragging this forward as a reminder.

Posts have been removed.

RBBM: I was curious about Motion to Compel timing and perception of a delay or it being otherwise addressed in a sluggish fashion. I went through the docs and did not find any untimely delays by any parties but rather what appears to be a confluence of circumstances. Added to this we don't know what items have indeed been handed over by the State since the initial Motion to Compel. Moo

*4th May: Initial Motion to Compel.

*11th May: Notice of Remote Hearing re Motion to Compel - for 22nd May.

*12th May: State's Detailed Response to Motion to Compel.

*19th May: Defense Motion for Enlargement of Time to File
".. pretrial motions of at least twentyeight days from the receipt of the requested
grand jury materials
and other discovery materials previously requested."

*19th May: Order to Enlarge Time to File Pre-trial Motions.

*23rd May: Minutes from Motion to Compel/scheduling hearing held on 22nd May

p3 https://coi.isc.idaho.gov/docs/case/CR29-22-2805/052323 Court Minutes - Scheduling Conference.pdf

"10:50 Court addressed the Defendant's Motion to Compel, as well as Defendant's Motion Requesting Release of Grand Jury Materials Under Qualified Protective Order and Motion to Make Available the Record of All Proceedings of the Grand Jury Pursuant to I.C.R.6.2. Court noted it granted Defendant's Motion to Enlarge Time to File Pretrial Motions and Memorandum in Support.
10:51 Ms. Taylor moved to set a hearing on Motion to Compel and subsequent motions for the week of June 26th. There being no objection, Court set a Motion to Compel hearing for June 27,2023, at 1:30 p.m.10:52 Mr. Thompson noted it had not received copies of the other two motions, but will be prepared to address them on June 27, 2023."
Deep gratitude for pulling all that together in a single post — you accomplished something on my To Do List.

To my mind, the 'it's OK, I'm here to help you...' comment is most likely to mean a few things (other ideas are also available, just my speculation):

- a house mate has awoken and become alert of something, maybe they woke from a deep sleep and see the horror next to them, they're about to start screaming and are assured by a figure 'it's OK, I'm here to help you...'

- there is more than one perpetrator in the home and one is addressing the other

- perpetrator is speaking to himself in a reassuring manner as he has a habit of doing so (only people who know him well would be able to comment on that)

Another far less likely but possible idea is

- the perpetrator has an extremely serious mental health disorder whereby their personality fragments into different personas and a 'helping personality' emerged, therefore he is speaking to himself.

JMO MOO
Love the mind splits into a 'helping personality'.

JMO I do not believe for one second that BK has a helpful personality. I doubt he's carried a classmates books across campus or opened the car door for a lady or shoveled a snowy sidewalk for a neighbor, or performed any other acts of kindness, although I could be wrong.

JMO The creepy "It's okay. I'm here to help you." comment comes from the killer or else DM would have said, "And, then I heard Ethan say: It's okay..." bc she'd recognize E's voice. DM did not recognize this voice. That's why I think it was the killer taunting his victim, his prey. It's okay. I'm here to help you is a lie!

JMO I do not believe for one second that BK has a helpful personality. I doubt he's carried a classmates books across campus or opened the car door for a lady or shoveled a snowy sidewalk for a neighbor, or performed any other acts of kindness, although I could be wrong.

JMO The creepy "It's okay. I'm here to help you." comment comes from the killer or else DM would have said, "And, then I heard Ethan say: It's okay..." bc she'd recognize E's voice. DM did not recognize this voice. That's why I think it was the killer taunting his victim, his prey. It's okay. I'm here to help you is a lie!
The way you say that scares me!

I agree.

I said this somewhere at the beginning of these threads, that if the roommate heard a male voice at 4 AM, she would’ve recognized it had it been Ethan’s.

IMO it was definitely the murderer, whom I believe 100% is BK, chillingly shutting up the victims by saying “it’s ok, I’m going to help you.” Still aiming to control the entire scenario.

If we ponder what we’ve learned about how he acted as a TA, and the things he said about his emotions and about his family when he was on a discussion board about the visual snow, I do NOT see a helpful side. At all.

JMO

I was looking at the map to get a closer look at Ridge Road, when I zoomed in (Google Maps) I found that Ridge Road after a short bit turns into Walenta and the road that loops back up to Lauder then Taylor is also called Walenta. Many times I use another map app and it does not show this loop as being called Walenta, instead it has it as Ridge road. o_O

Now thinking again about the PCA:

These sightings show Suspect Vehicle I makes an initial three passes by the 1122 King Road residence and then leave via Walenta Drive.

Suspect Vehicle I is next seen departing the area of the King Road Residence at approximately 4:20 a.m. at a high rate of speed. Suspect Vehicle I is next observed traveling southbound on Walenta Drive.

ETA: and trying to fit the Ridge Road sighting reported in the latest objection.
FWIW, I understand the public confusion for those not familiar with the neighborhood. Map apps get things wrong all the time, MOO. Sometimes street names, store names, “town” names that aren’t towns at all, etc. posted here on WS have confused the heck out of me & know my area pretty intimately!

MOO, I think it’s possible the non-local Defense Team might be relying on a mapping app that doesn’t correctly label a street name transition, maybe? I’m not getting into the location weeds the way some of you admirably are, but I think docs written by local LE might possibly get street names more accurately.

If I had a dollar for every time the location of the horrific murders was initially identified as “Queen” rather than King Rd by non-local reporters & other pundits/talking heads, I’d be a wealthy woman, MOO.

Right, just pointing out they only mentioned the unknown male samples— nothing about how many unknown female samples were present. For all we know there were also unknown female prints. I am mentioning this for the sake of accuracy.
How many items were swabbed for DNA purposes? Typically, CS Det only swab an area that is likely to hold a cell intimately affiliated and pertaining to the crime scene whether it's on a victim's body or items of their clothing or doorknobs and such the killer may have touched. The Unknown Male DNA samples did not come from inside of an empty closet on the first floor, ie, but an Unknown Male DNA sample could have been taken from Maddie's bedding near the KaBar knife.

And that's JMOO

That's true for all that we know about. E's parents have not made their preferences known. But as discussed before when both M and K's families chose to announce their preference for the DP, the families don't "vote" for what will be done.
JMO
Pre-Sentencing
Each of them, each victim's family members, will be allowed to speak to the Jury during their victim impact statements, if they choose to give one. It is at that time that the family member can inform the Jury of their wish for his punishment should the Defendant be found Guilty. ::gavel::

Under Idaho Code § 19—5306

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member