4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #86

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO, she still hasn't complied with 19-519, lol.

Instead, in this filing she's now saying "we're working on it" so you can't compel us to comply, judge, because you'd be compelling us to turn over information which is not yet our evidence but rather, is our privileged work product because "we're still working on it". In other words, another request to have it both ways.

jmo

Last edited:
I think he's waiting to see all the camera footage analysis of his white elantra, which I'm betting is far more than we are given in the PCA. He's aware of where he drove that morning, but he might not fully know where LE is aware he drove, if that makes sense. For a long time I've suspected he drove by some cameras intentionally, knowing he'd never be completely able to avoid them. Maybe he was making it look like he was bypassing Moscow or something. But he also now might be questioning cameras he didn't know to avoid. JMO.

The source could be LE connected to the case in PA.

Jmo

This is an excerpt from a interview with Keith Morrison for a local news outlet to promote the episode.
"The question of how the KA-Bar knife came into his possession, and when he may have decided to go to the west coast to go to school - and whether or not that had some bearing on decisions about purchases of knives and so on," Morrison said. So how much planning may have been involved? We can't say for sure, but there are some interesting indicators."

IMO Keith has a lot more that the episode did not report.

AND

IMO they 1) have evidence that BK bought the murder weapon as reported by Dateline. 2) they have other purchases, transactions, communications, or other pieces of evidence that shows BK bought the knife in preparation for his move to the West Coast.

It's interesting that Keith uses "knives" plural. Did BK buy a bunch of knives? And decided to only take one? Did he take all of them and bring the ones found in his room back? And now LE has a receipt with one missing knife?

When you combine this reporting with the warrants. I think LE can trace the knife and THAT SPECIFIC SHEATH from the manufacturer. That Ka-Bar was able to provide them with manufacturing dates and BATCHES based on materials used and other variations. They followed the batches to the distributor and on to the retailer (if FBA)/amazon direct and to BKs door.

BK is out driving alone and loses internet connection and decides to turn his phone off for a reboot. Never gets out of the vehicle. lol. moo.
We all know what "long habit of" driving at night means.....

They want to explain away the other late night/early morning visits ( stalking, hot stalking, dry runs, whatever) to the area around that house. Make them look innocuous.

I will admit though...this is not a bad tactic. When I lived on the West Coast I often went for late night drives on the Pacific Coast Highway to clear my head. Sometimes I even turned off my phone or left it at home to not be bothered (this was before I was married with kids). My DNA never ended up at the scene of a quadruple murder though.

This is an excerpt from a interview with Keith Morrison for a local news outlet to promote the episode.

IMO Keith has a lot more that the episode did not report.

AND

IMO they 1) have evidence that BK bought the murder weapon as reported by Dateline. 2) they have other purchases, transactions, communications, or other pieces of evidence that shows BK bought the knife in preparation for his move to the West Coast.

It's interesting that Keith uses "knives" plural. Did BK buy a bunch of knives? And decided to only take one? Did he take all of them and bring the ones found in his room back? And now LE has a receipt with one missing knife?

When you combine this reporting with the warrants. I think LE can trace the knife and THAT SPECIFIC SHEATH from the manufacturer. That Ka-Bar was able to provide them with manufacturing dates and BATCHES based on materials used and other variations. They followed the batches to the distributor and on to the retailer (if FBA)/amazon direct and to BKs door.

Well, we know they seized at least two from the PA residence. Remarkably, they do not state the type of knife for the the first which may be significant.

Compare the entry for Item 1 to the entry for Item 5 on this warrant return of the PA home:

(The warrant return inventory of seized items, handwritten. You have to scroll past the typed portion that deals with what they were authorized to search "for".)

Well, we know they seized at least two from the PA residence. Remarkably, they do not state the type of knife for the the first which may be significant.

Compare the entry for Item 1 to the entry for Item 5 on this warrant return of the PA home:

(The warrant return inventory of seized items, handwritten. You have to scroll past the typed portion that deals with what they were authorized to search "for".)
that's super interesting. you figure there would at least be a descriptor attached to it, if not a brand name...

honestly...clothing is a lot easier to destroy. retrieving the knife and taking it back to the east coast with you to dispose of or store forever might not be that horrible of an idea. and maybe his sister noted some behavior that made her suspicious enough to go out to his car.

Looks like Kohberger has at least told AT that he was "out driving." Said through clenched teeth.

Just random driving - two times in less than 12 hours, past 1122 King Road.

LE: "Yes, we know - we have you on video near 1122 King Road. Twice."

Kohberger: ::crickets::?

They likely have GPS data from the phone as well...for most of Trip 1 and all of Trip 2.

Does sound as if he'll need to take the stand to make this plain to everyone.

She also seems to be saying he was out driving on Saturday night, as well as early Sunday morning.

IMO.

Looks like Kohberger has at least told AT that he was "out driving." Said through clenched teeth.

Just random driving - two times in less than 12 hours, past 1122 King Road.

LE: "Yes, we know - we have you on video near 1122 King Road. Twice."

Kohberger: ::crickets::?

They likely have GPS data from the phone as well...for most of Trip 1 and all of Trip 2.

Does sound as if he'll need to take the stand to make this plain to everyone.

She also seems to be saying he was out driving on Saturday night, as well as early Sunday morning.

IMO.
12x prior to the 13th per pca
jmo

And he must have gone for a drive around 9am on the 13th too. Also went for a drive with his phone off from 5:30-8:30pm in the 13th.
IMO he knew enough not to Google for breaking news out of Moscow so he drove there direct, expecting to see a heavy LE presence and then could discuss it freely as a PhD scholar....

Like the arsonist who circles back to see the blaze.

Only he showed up before anyone knew it had occurred.

Welp.

I haven't seen anyone else discuss this but the warrant return for the car is also interesting. He and his father likely stayed at a Comfort Inn on the way from WA to PA.

The stay information was seized from the car so LE knows exactly where and when. For us, the where, what state, when, they do not disclose. But I would hope LE immediately obtained and executed a warrant for that room, the grounds, and security tapes. There is absolutely a chance evidence was disposed of at that and potentially other sites/stops along the route home.

jmo

Last edited:
This defense is so frustrating!
When I read this...and I read the "no connection" filing. It seems like the Defense team is going to heavily imply that LE shifted focus to Kohlberger suddenly and mysteriously. That either geneology forced them to seek out ways to make the evidence fit him....or if it wasn't geneology that BK more conveniently fit their timeline.
  • I don't think they are going to outright say that it's not BK's car on all of the videos. Including those close to the home. I think the attitude is going to be that it doesn't matter.
  • They are going to say that the original vehicle of interest (reportedly a white nissan sentra) was where LE focused for a reason.
  • They are going to say the public pressure and University and Moscow $$$$$$ forced them to quickly make an arrest.
  • After LE had a genaology match. LE took shortcuts. Didn't look at any other suspects. Tunnel vision on BK and finding evidence explicitly to implicate BK. When there are 'X number of ways his DNA could have gotten on the sheath"
  • They are going to try and move the time of the murder past the time Kohlberger was captured on CCTV returning to Pullman. Making it impossible for him to have committed it.
  • If the Nissan Sentra is seen closer to that 6am time mentioned in the early press releases they are going to try and connect the open door that a neighbor reported seeing that morning.
  • They are going to heavily challenge BF and DMs recollection of that nights events. Which is the real key to moving the timeline of the murders. Did DM see the murderer at all? If she saw a man was a he a guest and the murderer actually came later?
I think that by admitting/not denying that it's BKs car on the cameras. And by not denying that the cell phone evidence is correct. They can now say that any connections to their wifi or bluetooth makes sense....since the house was along his favorite driving path...

Now the defense has a chance to make this case strictly about motive (or lack-thereof) and LE's national/local pressure to make an arrest...and them reverse engineering (from the genealogy) a case against BK. The last hurdle is the DNA.

Which I'm sure they are huddling trying to find a way to connect transfer evidence to the sheath to his driving path and any stops he may have made there for whatever reason.

For the record I don't believe anything I wrote above. I think he's going to be found guilty just off of what I've seen so far.
ALL MOO. All based on what we know so far through filings and available evidence/reporting.

I think he was relying on the 'I'm the cleverest of clever clogs, too clever to ever get caught, and the police are dummies' thing, and didn't think he'd need an alibi.

Hubris is a beach.

MOO

YEP! HUBRIS will take him down. He might have the brightest student in his college classes and thinks he can outsmart and charm a jury

I seriously doubt he entered the house with only one weapon. Maybe he kept the weapons he didn't have to use.

Well, I mean when he was driving around.

jmo

Agree. IMO you don't go through this exercise without a backup if one is taken from you, damaged. I have thought this from the time they described different wounds, some being jagged others not. We may be in the minority here.

Edit to your second line: Lolololololol
jmo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads