4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #86

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, and that is where he probably either cleaned up the blood from the car and/or possibly disposed of or burned the clothing.

I think there is a chance they could possibly find the knife that I think was disposed of that early morning....I have my suspicions of places near where he turned the phone on.... but there is no telling where he went that second day.

I think the missing shower curtain was used to cover his car seats after the crime. He rolled it up with his clothes, shoes, and knife and buried it, hide it, burned it, or tossed it into a body of water with cement somewhere on the long route home.
Possibly dropped it off while his phone was still off or hide it and retrieved it at a later date.

MOO, she still hasn't complied with 19-519, lol.

And, now in this filing she's saying "we're working on it" so you can't compel us to comply because you'd be compelling us to turn over our privileged work product since our review is not complete" In other words another request to have it both ways.

jmo
Apparently she can't so tap dancing.

I've said it a bunch of times now. That certificate course he took likely gave him that false sense of bravado. I think he far overestimated his technical know how.

Edit: There are other little gotchas he might not have thought of. If his hard drive/computers had HDD drives he would have had to 1) completely destroyed his hard drive in a shredder or 2) use a industrial grade wiper like DBAN or ShredOS to make sure all of his data is gone...Otherwise they'll likely recover data off of his drives too.

SSDs are a pain for law enforcement but if he didn't do two wipes of the drive there's a chance to recover data there.

If he just simply deleted files without completely wiping his machine....operating systems do all types of funky things with caches. I'd be VERY surprised if they didn't find a treasure trove of data on his hard drives and smartphone.

There are "book smarts" and "street-smarts" even crooked cops make huge mistakes in covering up a crime.

He would have to be using his computer, streaming movies, using his phone, after 4:00am. LE knows they were alive at 4:00am so they know the murders were after 4:00am.

And going to bed while leaving your phone on and leaving your TV on doesn't give you an alibi. You can leave your phone turned on and leave it at home, and leave home with the TV on.

If BK was home that night then he wouldn't be in jail.

He wouldn't have left his sheath accidentally or deliberately under a victim and his phone would not have been pinging on a Moscow cell tower.

It is the DNA and the phone that will convict him, this is all they need.

Cell records alone convict defendants and DNA alone convicts defendants so the 2 of them together is enough to convict him. They have even more evidence than this.

2 Cents

Now if BK had a roommate or a TWIN BROTHER who stole his car, cellphone, and knife then I might give pause...but since he has no roommates to blame, he's in a pickle.

He must'a about drove over the other knife-wielding murderer that night.

Didn't just do a fist pump with wi-fi, shook hands with SODDI under the glow of Good Times.

Well, this sure lays bare the defense strategy.

Nuttin', Honey.

Jmo

And to follow on your point there, he might have just put himself at the scene.

jmo

Last edited:
So BK is a PHD student who has nothing better to do in the wee hours than drive around. Its his long standing habit. At least 11 trips took him near King Road in the interval between early July and early November. And on Nov 13 not only did he drive around in circles, at least 3-times in Moscow but he also parked for something like 17 minutes. In the immediate neighbourhood of 1122 King Road. Alone. With his cell phone turned off...in a car with no Nav or Info system.

Something really good must have been on the radio. Or maybe he had some magazines along...oh wait, he has a vision condition. Scratch that.

If AT can sell this one to a jury, she should consider a change of career... She should become a cult leader.

And lest we forget: All MOO and always IMHO.

I think the missing shower curtain was used to cover his car seats after the crime. He rolled it up with his clothes, shoes, and knife and buried it, hide it, burned it, or tossed it into a body of water with cement somewhere on the long route home.
Possibly dropped it off while his phone was still off or hide it and retrieved it at a later date.
That's an interesting suggestion. If he got bloodier than expected, maybe he stripped down and used the shower curtain as you said. Which could explain the alleged naked man the media threw into the mix. Of course, that's assuming the other roommate actually said any such thing.

That's an interesting suggestion. If he got bloodier than expected, maybe he stripped down and used the shower curtain as you said. Which could explain the alleged naked man the media threw into the mix. Of course, that's assuming the other roommate actually said any such thing.
Daily Mail, naked man - sounds like their kind of fabrication.

I’m having trouble with the WS site, so apologies if this has already been posted & I’ve just missed it:
https://s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/...nse-of-Alibi-Alternatively-to-Bar-Certain.pdf
Is that a typo in the Defense's objection? It says motive instead of notice. It could almost be a freudian slip (Moo). "Objection to State's Motion to Compel Motive of Defense of Alibi or Alternatively to Bar Certain Evidence".

ETA Wow, that is definately a typo - and you couldn't get a more embarrassing one, Imo. Boy. Also I love the way this is framed as an 'objection" to motion to compel motive (notice) of Alibi' when it is essentially an enlargment of the incomplete Alibi Notice of 24th July, under pressure presumably from the State's motion. Moo

Last edited:
Daily Mail, naked man - sounds like their kind of fabrication.
The naked man was amongst the early rumors circulating around Reddit's Moscow Idaho's Subreddit (the town's, not the crazy ones that sprouted up later dedicated to the crime) in the day or two after the murders.

DailyMail, like NewsNation, regularly goes dumpster diving in Reddit for their "anonymous sources." It's like social media laundering.

love it. and thanks to @x_files

if the shower curtain was used in the crime (we may never know, I had suspected he was afraid he transferred miniscule cells or blood to it during his post murder shower) then it's further proof that BK was planning to do this for a long time. But for whatever reason (Kaylee being in town and leaving the next day? His academic career failing?) he decided to quickly act on that specific night.

Which to me, IMO, explains why some parts of this crime were clearly very well planned out...and others seemed like he was freestyling it.

Seriously, what else would he say? He knew his car would be on camera. Jmo.
It's general but the doc seems to have his alibi of driving around beginning late night of 12th November? But I think that combined ping data and video footage, plus whatever extra location data since extracted from BK's phone, will place him in Pullman at 2.40 am on the 13th as per PCA. Before 2.42 on 13th he was utilising cellular resources consistent with him being at home at Steptoe or if not at home driving round within half a mile of there.Moo. Since the PCA, more location data from his device has probably pinned down his location much more accurately. Moo

So just curious why D has his alibi of driving around beginning on the 12th when at 2.42 am on the 13th from what we know his car and his phone were in Pullman either at or near to Steptoe appts. If the D's statement is read literately then they're contending that at some point before midnight BK was driving wherever (and unless he was doing that without phone or turned off phone, P and D both know where that was, Imo) then he returned to Pullman from wherever and then left again (after switching phone off) for another drive at 2.50am. Or he spent a minium of 2 hours 50 minutes just randomly driving round Pullman/local area? Moo

The suggested timing for alibi makes me think the D aren't seriously thinking (at least at this point in time) of contesting the 4.48 -5.30am ping/video data (he needs to turn up on Hwy 95 near Blaine after his "driving around", Imo) and if that's the case, then they won't be contesting the 2.42-2.53 ping data/video combo either. Perhaps additional gps data recovered from BK's device has made that location data uncontestable?

But adding in the at least 2hours and 50 minutes between midnight and 2.50am on 13th, that's a lot of driving and a lot of gas/fuel. Not sure what an elantra tank holds but you would expect him to have had to visit a service station at some point during those approx 5 hours of driving. A receipt would help but I'm betting that he'll probably say he paid cash if it's clear he would have needed to add some gas to the tank during the phone off hours in order to make the alibi feasible. Moo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member