4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #88

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you read what the two officers wrote, sentences 1 and 2 of what each allegedly wrote are identical. Then sentence 3 for each is completely different. And there is a third version of the story where the sheath was half under MM and half under the blanket. If it was half under her, it would not be lying beside her right side. So, right there, this looks very questionable. Where exactly was the sheath when it was found and who found it?
BBM: All of that will be in a report documented by the forensic officers who were doing the work. Do you think it wasn't documented? If so, on what basis when it is common practice for professionals to do so? Crime scenes are intricately documented. Those reports are in the discovery and under seal from the public so no-one can answer that question here. Moo

If you read what the two officers wrote, sentences 1 and 2 of what each allegedly wrote are identical. Then sentence 3 for each is completely different. And there is a third version of the story where the sheath was half under MM and half under the blanket. If it was half under her, it would not be lying beside her right side. So, right there, this looks very questionable. Where exactly was the sheath when it was found and who found it?
I went back and tracked this verbiage. The PCA states "I later noticed what appeared to be a tan leather knife sheath laying on the bed next to Mogen's right side". Then, in a June 16th States Motion for Protective Order (and not a separate written statement from another officer), page 2 in the Factual Background, I believe is where we first see the verbiage about the sheath "being face down and partially under both Madison's body and the comforter on the bed".

I believe it's entirely possible for both of these statements to be accurate and true. One end of the sheath could have been both under her body and the comforter and the other end visible beside her body. Personally, I don't see why this needs to be "questionable" in any way. MOOooo

I know the idea of years is absolutely grim for them but the idea of him getting off because they weren't prepared or a hastily made error is far worse. He's safely in jail, let it take as long as it takes so justice can be had.
If BK doesn't waive his speedy trial rights then his defense cannot use the excuse that they were not ready. By not waiving ST it means they are saying they are ready for a trial on the fast track.

Judge Judge told them out-right that this is reality, that it might not be doable.

They have been clearly warned by the judge so if they proceed it is on them.

2 cents

If BK doesn't waive his speedy trial rights then his defense cannot use the excuse that they were not ready. By not waiving ST it means they are saying they are ready for a trial on the fast track.

Judge Judge told them out-right that this is reality, that it might not be doable.

2 cents
I meant more from a prosecution POV. I'd much rather the prosecution were 100% ready with the is dotted and ts crossed

Idaho murder victim's family asks for prayers, fears delay in Kohberger trial​

• Aug 23, 2023

On a public Facebook page maintained by the Goncalves family, a post Wednesday morning said, "Please pray for our family today."

In a response to a comment on that post, the page author wrote "We are afraid he's going to waive his rights to a speedy trial. If he does, trial will not be starting on October 2nd and it is very likely that it won't take place for years. We want to get this trial over. Just thinking it could be years absolutely kills me."

I'm not sure how to say this but aspeedy can turn hasty. I want the best outcome not necessarily the fastest. I would assume, with 51TB of data to go over, they need time to get this right.

I honor the family wishes because this is their fight. Let me offer this, sitting in trial during the anniversary of November 13th could be awful and possibly that's what would happen if it doesn't get moved out. IDK. This may be a case of six of one half dozen of the other.

Nothing is going to make loved ones who have lost the greatest gift, life, feel better. As with most things, we learn after death there is no such thing as closure. Looking for it can be disappointing in many ways.

Sending positive energy to the process and the people carrying it for the victims.

Edit: Not even really my genre, the words of The Rolling Stones You Can't Always Get What You Want is playing in my head spontaneously.

Last edited:
I meant more from a prosecution POV. I'd much rather the prosecution were 100% ready with the is dotted and ts crossed

Thompson was complaining about the defense delays so I believe Thompson is ready.

Ahead of University of Idaho stabbing suspect Bryan Kohberger's latest hearing, Latah County Prosecutor Bill Thompson urged Judge John Judge to deny the defendant's second request to delay proceedings without waiving his right to a speedy trial.

Thompson argued the defense is trying to "grind the litigation in this matter to a halt" and continually postpone the case.

2 cents
Ofcourse, good point. So it comes back to AT making the right choice, which may be strongly advising her client to waiver if they are not prepared for trial in five weeks. And if he refuses then that needs to be well documented I suppose and then the D goes ahead and does what it can. Moo

The state has no objections to this waving saying they would like it to be resolved sooner than later, but this is the smartest option. Judge said it would be a lot to put together before Oct. 2nd and he wants everyone to be fully prepared.

<snipped & BBM from PCA by Payne>

As I entered this bedroom, I could see two females in the single bed in the room. Both Goncalves and Mogen were deceased with visible stab wounds. I also later noticed what appered to be a tan leather knife sheath laying on the bed next to Mogen's right side (when viewed from the door). The sheath was later processed and had "Ka-Bar" 'USMC" and the Unicd State.s Marine Corps eagle globe and anchor insignia stamped on the outside of it. The Idaho state lab later located a single source ofmale DNA (suspect Profile) left on the button snap ofthe knife sheath.

I believe he is clarifying what he means by "next to Mogen's right side"--the right side when you are at the viewpoint of the door vs. the right side when you are standing at her window or head of the bed or the side of the bed.

Defense says they are hoping to keep their Sept. 1st hearing date because they are prepared to file challenges against the grand jury indictment. They are also filing 2 motions against cameras in the courtroom and what happens to witnesses after they testify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper