4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #94

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ridiculous that in 18 months he still says "some day" he will prove it.....he has done zero. BK will not get an alibi anymore than AT will get not guilty. Just alot of bravado.....2 Cents
If you watched the last hearing, it turned out the timing report was not available until May, 2023 AND the defense had not received it from the prosecution.

If you watched the last hearing, it turned out the timing report was not available until May, 2023 AND the defense had not received it from the prosecution.

Excuses.
Always Thompson's fault then
Timing is faulty with producing data then
AT complains she needs to hire someone to sort the evidence for her because "it is like a snow globe" Then they need more time then
Prosecution isn't fast enough.....ETC....

Very unimpressive......2 Cents

Last edited:
AJ also said there were advanced timing records for someone else - not related to Dec 23 ATT warrants.
Wonder who/what she was referring to?
JMO

Hmmm… Now I am starting to wonder if BK left his phone in Wawawai. That would explain his “alibi”. It would also explain why Sy Ray thinks he can place him somewhere else other than the crime scene. MOO.
AT wrote (and I'm paraphrasing) that BK was at various locations which would be revealed after the state gives them the discovery they requested. So, from that response, I think we can safely assume that BK's phone was with him the whole time and this is something Sy Ray will demonstrate, wherever BK was that night.

AJ also said there were advanced timing records for someone else - not related to Dec 23 ATT warrants.
Wonder who/what she was referring to?
JMO
We know they pulled at least 1 cellular record for everyone inside of the house according to the warrants we've seen so far. IMO I wouldn't be surprised if they went one step further to dig deeper after that. I won't comment on how advanced timing reports work and what data they contain as my knowledge is not an authoritative source.

But I remember an expert saying that they were likely going to look at historical location data to see if there were any patterns of Kohlberger being in specific areas around victims. And I'd imagine, IMO, that the historical data could probably provide even more insights about the victims, survivors, and number 1 suspect would be relevant to the investigation.

I've seen this point elsewhere (not saying that's what you're saying) to make an argument for LE investigating someone else with or in place of BK. And IMO that's just silly.

MOO

From the actual PCA

When Suspect Vehicle I is in front ofthe King Road Residence, it appeared to unsuccessfully attempt to park or tum around in the road. The vehicle then continued to the intersection of Queen Road and King Road where it can be seen completing a three-point tum and then driving eastbound again down Queen Road.

Which court documents state that the front license plate was missing on all of the footage the night of Nov 13?

JMO
RBBM

MOO, outside of the PCA & reprehensible (MOO) leaked stuff, we have zero idea about how much/little video exists & what it shows/doesn’t show.

MOO, there’s likely a lot more video than we know. If any of it’s relevant, I expect we’ll learn about it at trial.

As always, all of the above is MOO.

We know they pulled at least 1 cellular record for everyone inside of the house according to the warrants we've seen so far. IMO I wouldn't be surprised if they went one step further to dig deeper after that. I won't comment on how advanced timing reports work and what data they contain as my knowledge is not an authoritative source.

But I remember an expert saying that they were likely going to look at historical location data to see if there were any patterns of Kohlberger being in specific areas around victims. And I'd imagine, IMO, that the historical data could probably provide even more insights about the victims, survivors, and number 1 suspect would be relevant to the investigation.

I've seen this point elsewhere (not saying that's what you're saying) to make an argument for LE investigating someone else with or in place of BK. And IMO that's just silly.

MOO
During the last hearing the D did state that the P was investigating someone other than BK after his arrest.
Not sure if the Advanced timing records are related to that statement.
I will go back to see if those two statements were made next to each other or in different parts of the hearing, can't recall without listening again.
JMO

Why was there not a true bill issued by the Federal Grand Jury?
71 Subpoenas and no true bill?
JMO
We’ve all known he was indicted by a Grand Jury, yes?

What do you think is the relevance that it was a joint state-federal, rather than a Latah County, grand jury that apparently true billed, or indicted, BK? I mean, I get it’s a bummer to us WSers that this fact was effectively & appropriately shielded from the public, but how does that change the case?

Regardless, the Idaho Supreme Court denied his appeal. Are you arguing that was the incorrect venue for his appeal?

ETA: I’m frankly surprised it took so long for this topic to be brought up, but I’m grateful it finally has been & I’m looking forward to hearing what others think!

Last edited:
If he had documented star gazing on his phone he would have given that as his alibi a long time ago...He has nothing. No phone photos, no surveillance video, no witnesses - zero - because he was at the house. I am 100% sure from just the minimum we have seen and we have only seen a fraction.

AT is on a fishing expedition....her expert has no evidence, he presented zero. If there was any chance of exonerating cell tower evidence or exonerating surveillance footage AT would have been on it a year ago.

Defense attorneys do not take 18 months before they decide to get an expert for an alibi unless their client has no alibi......Opinion.
I completely agree. I was just responding to the comment that he couldn't document his "star gazing" since his phone was in airplane mode.

Personally, I would like to snap AT's fishing pole right in half! LOL

AT wrote (and I'm paraphrasing) that BK was at various locations which would be revealed after the state gives them the discovery they requested. So, from that response, I think we can safely assume that BK's phone was with him the whole time and this is something Sy Ray will demonstrate, wherever BK was that night.
I was researching some of the cases SR has worked on.
Apparently with all the data they can tell when the phone is moving and in which direction. And they can tell when it is stationary and for how long. And then they can corroborate those movements they have gotten from the data with other evidence like looking for video to give a complete picture of the movements of a person.

JMO

We’ve all known he was indicted by a Grand Jury, yes?

What do you think is the relevance that it was a joint state-federal, rather than a Latah County, grand jury that apparently true billed, or indicted, BK? I mean, I get it’s a bummer to us WSers that this fact was effectively & appropriately shielded from the public, but how does that change the case?

Regardless, the Idaho Supreme Court denied his appeal. Are you arguing that was the incorrect venue for his appeal?

ETA: I’m frankly surprised it took so long for this topic to be brought up, but I’m grateful it finally has been & I’m looking forward to hearing what others think!
I only was only curious why there was not a true bill from the Federal GJ that issued the subpoenas.

Apparently there were two different GJ transcripts so It appeared to me it was two different GJs, not a joint endeavor.

I said nothing about the appeal and was not arguing about that at all.

JMO

RBBM

MOO, outside of the PCA & reprehensible (MOO) leaked stuff, we have zero idea about how much/little video exists & what it shows/doesn’t show.

MOO, there’s likely a lot more video than we know. If any of it’s relevant, I expect we’ll learn about it at trial.

8,000 video clips

Deputy prosecutor Ashley Jennings listed 25 times they have handed over documents to Kohberger's legal team between January 23, 2023, and May 28, 2024.

1.) 15,691 pages of discovery
2.) Enough discovery to fill 39 legal binders
3.) 13,000 photographs
4.) 911 "dumps" of audio-visuals
5.) 50 terabytes of 285 police interviews
6.) 417 files of phone call records
7.) 8,000 video clips from CCTV cameras in 10 homes
8.) multiple terabytes from 11 computers
9.) 17 phones examined
10.) information from "multiple" social media accounts

I did not say the alibi is proven, yet. I said that his alibi has remained consistent since his arrest.

However, it is clear that Sy Ray WILL be able to scientifically prove EXACTLY where BK was using the exact same methodology he used to prove exactly where David Pagniano was when he buried his wife alive in 2017.

Sy Ray stated clearly in the last public hearing that while the evidence he has seen so far is exculpatory, he reserved the right to change his opinion once he has seen all of the evidence. He is only focused on uncovering the truth.

Using the cellular timing data report, Sy Ray will be able to determine which cell towers BK connected to and which side of each cell tower BK connected to and exactly how far away from that side of the cell tower BK was. Sy Ray will be able to scientifically map everywhere BK was that night.

I found this in regards to cell coverage in Wawawai:

"Mobile Coverage & Cell Phone Plans in Wawawai, WA

In Wawawai, you’ll select from 4 mobile wireless carriers listed below. 93.9% of Wawawai’s land area is covered by some kind of wireless service, as are 95.02% of Wawawai’s 243 residents. 5G reception covers up to 59.28% of people while they are sitting at home. "

So, apparently there is good cell coverage in the area of Wawawai Park, if not within the park itself.

AT&T is listed as one of the cellphone providers for Wawawai. BK used AT&T so, my expectation is that, IF BK was at Wawawai, Sy Ray WILL be able to track BK's phone using the timing data. We will know exactly what time he was there, when he left, where he went next, etc.

Once Sy Ray has reviewed and mapped all of the data, we will have scientific proof of exactly where BK was during the critical timeframe and we will know IF BK ever went to Moscow that night or not.

IMO, everyone here should want the truth about this case, whatever it is. This WILL be scientific proof of BK's guilt or innocence.
Assuming the Court allows Sy to testify at trial, the most he could attest to is where BK's phone was at points between 2 and 5 AM. But that might not be relevant to the State's case. BK's phone didn't murder anyone.

JMO

Assuming the Court allows Sy to testify at trial, the most he could attest to is where BK's phone was at points between 2 and 5 AM. But that might not be relevant to the State's case. BK's phone didn't murder anyone.

JMO
What if there are photos of BK's car or BK wherever he went during the critical timeframe? What if there are witnesses? We don't really know what evidence exists at this time.

What we do know is that BK was arrested and his phone was with him at the time.

JMO.

What if there are photos of BK's car or BK wherever he went during the critical timeframe? What if there are witnesses? We don't really know what evidence exists at this time.

What we do know is that BK was arrested and his phone was with him at the time.

JMO.
Where are the photos and witnesses then?! Really?

JMO the phone went dark so BK could commit the crime and afterwards, to clean and dump evidence without revealing wherever he went.

It wouldn't have gone this far if there was proof and LE would've probably discovered it by now. Even BKs lawyer should've been able to produce something by now tbh :confused:

I was researching some of the cases SR has worked on.
Apparently with all the data they can tell when the phone is moving and in which direction. And they can tell when it is stationary and for how long. And then they can corroborate those movements they have gotten from the data with other evidence like looking for video to give a complete picture of the movements of a person.

JMO
Well IMO that’s great news! Technology is a huge contributor to why so many cases get solved. Thank goodness we have it in this one in particular.

RBBM

In the last hearing, BP testified that LE found no video of an elantra on any possible route after the crime.

JMO

MOO
In the Pagniano case, Sy Ray was able to look at the days prior to the murder and pinpoint exactly when Pagniano dug the clandestine grave for his wife. Using his methodology with the timing report, Sy Ray has been able to help police pinpoint the location of bodies of missing persons and where the weapon was discarded and much more. Sy Ray will be able to tell us if BK was ever near 1122 King Rd prior to the murders or on the night of the murders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigdiggety