4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #94

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the actual PCA

When Suspect Vehicle I is in front ofthe King Road Residence, it appeared to unsuccessfully attempt to park or tum around in the road. The vehicle then continued to the intersection of Queen Road and King Road where it can be seen completing a three-point tum and then driving eastbound again down Queen Road.

Which court documents state that the front license plate was missing on all of the footage the night of Nov 13?

JMO
The PCA does not replicate every detail.

This reporter stated "The Elantra police were searching for did not appear to have a front license plate in any surveillance footage from the night of Nov. 13. According to court documents, detectives learned that displaying a front license plate is not required in the state of Pennsylvania."
I have seen other articles saying the same thing. I am not sure if there are any court docs which do, but they are mostly sealed now, so?

(snipped)

We can also add that his behavior toward his chief mentor professor at WSU was described as "altercations" and he was undergoing behavioral review that ultimately led to his expulsion, even before he was arrested. A group of women students had complained about him and were worried enough about his behavior to start keeping book on him (having conversations, exchanging emails, talking to the prof about the issue).

I would imagine that this professor might also have contacted LE about BK - a major error on BK"s part (can't fly under the radar, keeps earning negative attention).

He may have "snapped" that weekend due to the notification about his conduct (I think it was that Saturday that he was discussed by faculty and the procedure initiated that ultimately resulted in terminating his position as a T.A.)

That would account for the messier aspects of an obsessively planned crime. IMO.
This is very insightful. :) He must have been carrying a lot of pressure around with him every waking moment. And, if he had been planning a crime against the house or the people living there, it seems logical that he felt he was running out of time to put his plan into motion.

Already under pressure to enact his plan while he still had time, I can certainly see that pressure exploding into a horrific mass murder when things didn't go as planned. It's horrifying.

I can also see the prosecution using that build up of pressure in presenting the lead up to the crime itself. MOO

Idaho State police and MPD sound like good, very competent and professional entities. Spent too much time recently on Karen REad thread and learning about some truly awful cop culture in parts of Canton and Mass State Police. Contrary to the debacle over there, imo MPD and ISP by all appearances did an outstanding investigation and are competent and skilled professionals. Stands the prosecution case in good stead. Moo
Absolutely 1000%. They solved a quadruple murder by a stranger in less than 6 weeks. That is phenomenal work and the fact they were able to keep as much under wraps as they did is impressive. Kudos to all involved.

JMO

What a great point.

Defense says BK has phone evidence of photos of the "moon and stars." He drives around at all hours using his phone, not turning it off. ...using it.

So why was his phone turned off or in airplane mode for 1/2 the night? How do you document the great outdoors on your phone when you stop the signal?

Circumstantial evidence, jury can reasonably infer he was covering his tracks. Just like a clean sheath, cleaning it of evidence ... Covering his tracks...

2 Cents
I have taken pictures during flights, so he could still document his alleged stargazing. :)

After all the discussion about tracking his phone, I began to wonder if there really are ways to keep your phone from being tracked. I'm sure there are more technical sources for this somewhere but my google brought up this article at McAfee. They stated you have to both turn on airplane mode and turn off location services to do dark. If he was driving, or feeling rushed, it seems much easier to just turn it off and back on. MOOoo

Can be...Maybe ....Are not evidence....Trials operate on evidence....(Links upthread)

Must be proved through evidence where cell coverage is lost, show his car there, find witnesses, video. Show his phone camera photos from that night, evidence to prove the defendant's alibi. So far zero evidence. Taylor is looking for evidence.

There is circumstantial evidence the sheath was cleaned......BK's DNA

Circumstantial evidence shows it is reasonable to conclude he cleaned the sheath to hide evidence.
Circumstantial evidence shows it is reasonable to conclude he was hiding his DNA when in Pennsylvania.
Circumstantial evidence shows it is reasonable to conclude he cleaned his car.

See the pattern?

2 Cents
A Final CAST report with advanced timing records will help. Could put him right there at 1122 or out SW of Moscow.

Because his dna is on the snap, that means it was cleaned?
Where does it say that was the ONLY dna on the sheath?
There might be dna on the upper snap, dna on the body of the sheath.
Just because they reported his dna on the snap closure, one significantly placed sample, does not conclude the sheath was cleaned with what we know now IMO.

He reportedly cleaned his car after a cross country road trip. Leaving behind wrappers and used water bottles and coins and receipts and baggies and a bandaid.

He was seen seperating trash and threw trash in a neighbors bin. His dna was still IN the trash. If his trash was all mixed to begin with, wouldn't his dna have contacted other trash before he seperated it? If it were seperate to begin with and he was placing it in baggies with gloves on: why wouldn't his dna be on the gloves he was using and transfered to the baggies, the garbage bag, the garbage bin? On the gloves he used to seperate his dna laden trash. Or was he seperating it and not throwing it out? Then why go to the neighbors bin? Need more information IMO

JMO
Was the true bill issued under seal? Is AT saying she didn't know it was a Federal Grand Jury? I'm sorry I'm a little behind here.
? and No

AJ mentioned a Federal Grand Jury in a previous hearing.
Last hearing they discussed 71 subpoenas that were issued by an investigative Federal GJ. Most of the subpoenas in this case minus approximately 22. The D wanted the subpoena asks, not just the results. The D pointed out that they didn't have testimony/transcripts of this GJ.
So, there was an Investigative Federal Grand Jury.
Even if it were a sealed true bill, wouldn't he have been indicted by the Federal Grand Jury?
Then why did the P go with the Grand Jury we know about, the one the D has transcripts for?
Not really sure, just wondered why there was no result.

JMO

A Final CAST report with advanced timing records will help. Could put him right there at 1122 or out SW of Moscow.

Because his dna is on the snap, that means it was cleaned?
Where does it say that was the ONLY dna on the sheath?
There might be dna on the upper snap, dna on the body of the sheath.
Just because they reported his dna on the snap closure, one significantly placed sample, does not conclude the sheath was cleaned with what we know now IMO.

He reportedly cleaned his car after a cross country road trip. Leaving behind wrappers and used water bottles and coins and receipts and baggies and a bandaid.

He was seen seperating trash and threw trash in a neighbors bin. His dna was still IN the trash. If his trash was all mixed to begin with, wouldn't his dna have contacted other trash before he seperated it? If it were seperate to begin with and he was placing it in baggies with gloves on: why wouldn't his dna be on the gloves he was using and transfered to the baggies, the garbage bag, the garbage bin? On the gloves he used to seperate his dna laden trash. Or was he seperating it and not throwing it out? Then why go to the neighbors bin? Need more information IMO

JMO

? and No

AJ mentioned a Federal Grand Jury in a previous hearing.
Last hearing they discussed 71 subpoenas that were issued by an investigative Federal GJ. Most of the subpoenas in this case minus approximately 22. The D wanted the subpoena asks, not just the results. The D pointed out that they didn't have testimony/transcripts of this GJ.
So, there was an Investigative Federal Grand Jury.
Even if it were a sealed true bill, wouldn't he have been indicted by the Federal Grand Jury?
Then why did the P go with the Grand Jury we know about, the one the D has transcripts for?
Not really sure, just wondered why there was no result.

JMO
I'm gonna have to do a little digging. Thanks.

Yes a true bill is an indictment.
The Investigative Federal Grand Jury was not the GJ that issued the indictment.
The D mentioned last hearing that they did not have transcripts from the Federal Grand Jury but they wanted the Subpoenas - specifically the asks because they do have the returns of the subpoenas.
We know they have the transcripts of the GJ that indicted BK.
Yes.

I have taken pictures during flights, so he could still document his alleged stargazing. :)

After all the discussion about tracking his phone, I began to wonder if there really are ways to keep your phone from being tracked. I'm sure there are more technical sources for this somewhere but my google brought up this article at McAfee. They stated you have to both turn on airplane mode and turn off location services to do dark. If he was driving, or feeling rushed, it seems much easier to just turn it off and back on. MOOoo

If he had documented star gazing on his phone he would have given that as his alibi a long time ago...He has nothing. No phone photos, no surveillance video, no witnesses - zero - because he was at the house. I am 100% sure from just the minimum we have seen and we have only seen a fraction.

AT is on a fishing expedition....her expert has no evidence, he presented zero. If there was any chance of exonerating cell tower evidence or exonerating surveillance footage AT would have been on it a year ago.

Defense attorneys do not take 18 months before they decide to get an expert for an alibi unless their client has no alibi......Opinion.

If he had documented star gazing on his phone he would have given that as his alibi a long time ago...He has nothing. No phone photos, no surveillance video, no witnesses - zero - because he was at the house. I am 100% sure from just the minimum we have seen and we have only seen a fraction.

AT is on a fishing expedition....her expert has no evidence, he presented zero. If there was any chance of exonerating cell tower evidence or exonerating surveillance footage AT would have been on it a year ago.

Defense attorneys do not take 18 months before they decide to get an expert for an alibi unless their client has no alibi......Opinion.
BK's alibi has not changed since the beginning of the case and there is photographic proof on the internet that Sy Ray has been working for the defense a whole lot longer than just May 2023.

It cannot be any clearer that BK does not have an alibi- those who wish to continue to believe differently - that is your prerogative- if he had an alibi, as I have said many times before, he would have presented pretty quickly in this case- if he had done that, we would not be here.

BK's alibi has not changed since the beginning of the case and there is photographic proof on the internet that Sy Ray has been working for the defense a whole lot longer than just May 2023.
I have seen one video on GMA where the D team visited the house before demolition. December 15 2023.
It looks like him carrying a big bag.
I wondered later, after his testimony, whether he was there to do a field test inside the house. One of the areas of missing data was a field test of the crime scene.
JMO

JMO

HA!

He has no alibi, nothing to change.

Sy Ray is a dud then. In 18 months he has done zero for an alibi and only now went to a hearing. And tax payers are paying for this.....Pathetic.

2 Cents

Last edited:
He has a proven alibi? Please link.
I did not say the alibi is proven, yet. I said that his alibi has remained consistent since his arrest.

However, it is clear that Sy Ray WILL be able to scientifically prove EXACTLY where BK was using the exact same methodology he used to prove exactly where David Pagniano was when he buried his wife alive in 2017.

Sy Ray stated clearly in the last public hearing that while the evidence he has seen so far is exculpatory, he reserved the right to change his opinion once he has seen all of the evidence. He is only focused on uncovering the truth.

Using the cellular timing data report, Sy Ray will be able to determine which cell towers BK connected to and which side of each cell tower BK connected to and exactly how far away from that side of the cell tower BK was. Sy Ray will be able to scientifically map everywhere BK was that night.

I found this in regards to cell coverage in Wawawai:

"Mobile Coverage & Cell Phone Plans in Wawawai, WA

In Wawawai, you’ll select from 4 mobile wireless carriers listed below. 93.9% of Wawawai’s land area is covered by some kind of wireless service, as are 95.02% of Wawawai’s 243 residents. 5G reception covers up to 59.28% of people while they are sitting at home. "

So, apparently there is good cell coverage in the area of Wawawai Park, if not within the park itself.

AT&T is listed as one of the cellphone providers for Wawawai. BK used AT&T so, my expectation is that, IF BK was at Wawawai, Sy Ray WILL be able to track BK's phone using the timing data. We will know exactly what time he was there, when he left, where he went next, etc.

Once Sy Ray has reviewed and mapped all of the data, we will have scientific proof of exactly where BK was during the critical timeframe and we will know IF BK ever went to Moscow that night or not.

IMO, everyone here should want the truth about this case, whatever it is. This WILL be scientific proof of BK's guilt or innocence.

I did not say the alibi is proven, yet. I said that his alibi has remained consistent since his arrest.

However, it is clear that Sy Ray WILL be able to scientifically prove EXACTLY where BK was using the exact same methodology he used to prove exactly where David Pagniano was when he buried his wife alive in 2017.

Sy Ray stated clearly in the last public hearing that while the evidence he has seen so far is exculpatory, he reserved the right to change his opinion once he has seen all of the evidence. He is only focused on uncovering the truth.

Using the cellular timing data report, Sy Ray will be able to determine which cell towers BK connected to and which side of each cell tower BK connected to and exactly how far away from that side of the cell tower BK was. Sy Ray will be able to scientifically map everywhere BK was that night.

I found this in regards to cell coverage in Wawawai:

"Mobile Coverage & Cell Phone Plans in Wawawai, WA

In Wawawai, you’ll select from 4 mobile wireless carriers listed below. 93.9% of Wawawai’s land area is covered by some kind of wireless service, as are 95.02% of Wawawai’s 243 residents. 5G reception covers up to 59.28% of people while they are sitting at home. "

So, apparently there is good cell coverage in the area of Wawawai Park, if not within the park itself.

AT&T is listed as one of the cellphone providers for Wawawai. BK used AT&T so, my expectation is that, IF BK was at Wawawai, Sy Ray WILL be able to track BK's phone using the timing data. We will know exactly what time he was there, when he left, where he went next, etc.

Once Sy Ray has reviewed and mapped all of the data, we will have scientific proof of exactly where BK was during the critical timeframe and we will know IF BK ever went to Moscow that night or not.

IMO, everyone here should want the truth about this case, whatever it is. This WILL be scientific proof of BK's guilt or innocence.

Ridiculous that in 18 months he still says "some day" he will prove it.....he has done zero for BK, who still sits in jail with no alibi. BK will not get an alibi anymore than AT will get not guilty. Just alot of bravado.....2 Cents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member