4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #95

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
His reasoning Maddie was the target is only that the killer went to her room first. Of course, none of us were there or saw what happened, so IMO, it is conjecture.
Does Blum explain how Kolberger knew where Maddie's room was? Because even if he was stalking her from afar, I don't think he would have known where her bedroom was, IMO.

Honestly, based on what I have read that has been officially released:. BK was ALMOST the smartest buy in the room... but the DNA is the tiny little detail that he missed that will have fingered him in the end. If he had not left any DNA, I don't think 1) they would have identified him as the prime suspect and 2) certainly not had enough probable cause to arrest him, let alone have enough evidence to convict him. I believe he would have gotten away with murder.

So, he covered his tracks VERY VERY WELL.. .both ahead of time and after the fact. But those skin cells left on the knife sheath snap, well, he certainly missed that and should have submerged the knife and sheath in alcohol. But it is too late now and he will learn the harsh realities that, at best, he will spend the rest of his (presumably) long life in prison.

There was enough probable cause for the Arrest Warrant without including the DNA which they didn't.

If for some reason the DNA evidence was inadmissible then the Arrest Warrant and Search Warrants and getting BK's DNA would still stand.

The witness statement, phone, car, are strong evidence by themselves. Enough for probable cause but not sure about the reasonable doubt standard.

2 Cents

Does Blum explain how Kolberger knew where Maddie's room was? Because even if he was stalking her from afar, I don't think he would have known where her bedroom was, IMO.
I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that BK knew where Maddie's room was. It's not hard to come to that conclusion when you can see straight into her room from the street.

1720449401477.png

SS taken from this video: Idaho university murders: Police search wooded area behind home where four students were fatally stabbed

1720449448671.png

Last edited:
So, he covered his tracks VERY VERY WELL.. .both ahead of time and after the fact. But those skin cells left on the knife sheath snap, well, he certainly missed that and should have submerged the knife and sheath in alcohol. But it is too late now and he will learn the harsh realities that, at best, he will spend the rest of his (presumably) long life in prison.

Actually, he should have attached the knife sheath to his belt. Kay-bar sheaths have loops for threading through a belt. Kohberger must have carried the knife sheath in his pocket instead, or even worse, in his hand--sloppy planning on his part. Because when he started his attack, one of the girls must have pulled it out while desperately trying to fight him off in the dark. He didn't notice and he lost the knife sheath with his touch DNA on it under one of the girl's bodies JMO

Her bedroom is eye level from the road behind the house. He went 11 times to Moscow late night early morning and would have been able, under the cover of darkness, to look at her window and see the letter M she displayed. Could see inside if shade was up.

This type of murder usually sees some escalating behavior beforehand, such as being a peeping Tom or creeping around inside homes. He probably practiced how to get into the house and he could have crept around finding her room beforehand.

1720449623409.png

After I posted this I see Gemmie posted the same photo above.

Actually, he should have attached the knife sheath to his belt. Kay-bar sheaths have loops for threading through a belt. Kohberger must have carried the knife sheath in his pocket instead, or even worse, in his hand--sloppy planning on his part. Because when he started his attack, one of the girls must have pulled it out while desperately trying to fight him off in the dark. He didn't notice and he lost the knife sheath with his touch DNA on it under one of the girl's bodies JMO

I think he deliberately left it there. He would have known it was terribly awkward to hold the sheath in other hand or put in his pocket to where it could fall out. To only have a few cells INSIDE the upturn of the female snap button and nowhere else tells me he cleaned the sheath extensively.

I personally think he wanted to be known as the knife sheath killer. Wanted to have a trade mark so to speak.

Just my opinion again.

What did he do with the knife, that he didn't accidentally cut himself, with no sheath? I suppose he could have thrown it loose in his trunk.... but he should have realized then he had no sheath....

I do wonder if he went back in, silently, but couldn't find it....

Or was confident enough he'd scrubbed it enough.

JMO

Her bedroom is eye level from the road behind the house. He went 11 times to Moscow late night early morning and would have been able, under the cover of darkness, to look at her window and see the letter M she displayed. Could see inside if shade was up.

This type of murder usually sees some escalating behavior beforehand, such as being a peeping Tom or creeping around inside homes. He probably practiced how to get into the house and he could have crept around finding her room beforehand.

View attachment 516316

After I posted this I see Gemmie posted the same photo above.
And as we saw from all the DM photos... Just about all the windows seemed to be left unshaded. If this was usual practice, anyone surveilling the house or stalking any of its inhabitants would have a good idea which rooms had occupants. That, combined with the real estate photos of the interior, I don't think anyone would have too much trouble finding their way around, especially with the neon signs left on at all times to give ambient light.

MOO

I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that BK knew where Maddie's room was. It's not hard to come to that conclusion when you can see straight into her room from the street.

View attachment 516314

SS taken from this video: Idaho university murders: Police search wooded area behind home where four students were fatally stabbed

View attachment 516315

If I remember correctly there are press night shots that demonstrate (IMO) just how clearly he could see inside.

And as we saw from all the DM photos... Just about all the windows seemed to be left unshaded. If this was usual practice, anyone surveilling the house or stalking any of its inhabitants would have a good idea which rooms had occupants. That, combined with the real estate photos of the interior, I don't think anyone would have too much trouble finding their way around, especially with the neon signs left on at all times to give ambient light.

MOO

3D walkthroughs and photos of the layout were available on all major real estate websites. They appeared to be taken (IMO) right after the reported renovations.

BK could have memorized the layout without issue. We bought our house site unseen and it was a similar walkthrough that made us confident enough to put in an offer.

The pictures and walkthrough were subsequently taken down after the crime. The 3D walkthroughs were then recreated by True Crime websites.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kelly Jean
Back