Spain Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If Quassim (and his friend) were/was running a cannabis cafe in the local area, then, assuming that there is some form of legal licensing and checking of such places, they and their backgrounds would be well-known to the local police who turned up at the Masca airbnb looking for Jay, questioned them and declared then 'irrelevant' and free to leave the country next day?

That's a dubious link at best. There is such a broad range of colloquial 'street' names for recreational drugs that you could literally connect any noun to some drug or another.

The designer drug Cake, for example, can also be referred to as:

Loonytoad Quack
Rustledust
Chronic Basildon Doughnut
Joss Ackland's Spunky Backpack
Bromicide
Ponce on the Heath
Cool Thwacks & Charlie
Argue Barmies
and Wattie Jacques Pretentious Cheese Wog

Don't even get me started on all the slang terms for Cannabis.
I was born in Basildon! Is that where the name comes from?

If Quassim (and his friend) were/was running a cannabis cafe in the local area, then, assuming that there is some form of legal licensing and checking of such places, they and their backgrounds would be well-known to the local police who turned up at the Masca airbnb looking for Jay, questioned them and declared then 'irrelevant' and free to leave the country next day?

IIRC, the consumption of cannabis had been decriminalised in Spain. These cafes are essentially just places where cannabis consumption is permitted by the owners. There's no licensing required as they're not technically (officially) selling any product.

**edited
None of it rings true to me so I've once again changed my stance on where this case is going ... its like county lines has gone international ...obviously mopo

Last edited:
Ooops
I thought we were talking about why he was walking in the wrong/opposite direction?

If not,
Sorry
Ah ok yes, but I guess I still don't get why the side the traffic is on would matter to why he went wandering in any direction...the bus stop he had already been at and knew the timings of was outside the airbnb...

That's a dubious link at best. There is such a broad range of colloquial 'street' names for recreational drugs that you could literally connect any noun to some drug or another.

The designer drug Cake, for example, can also be referred to as:

Loonytoad Quack
Rustledust
Chronic Basildon Doughnut
Joss Ackland's Spunky Backpack
Bromicide
Ponce on the Heath
Cool Thwacks & Charlie
Argue Barmies
and Wattie Jacques Pretentious Cheese Wog

Don't even get me started on all the slang terms for Cannabis.

Wow, those are quite specific terms lol

With everything that has transpired I still don't think it was the cause of his disappearance but him having a '£12000 Rolex' might have given him the extra buzz needed to even contemplate starting the long walk home
I recon you’d want to get rid of a watch like that pretty fast if it was stolen, say if you could stop for juice somewhere, maybe meet someone there to do a deal, now you have a bag of cash, and no reason to hang around with the guys that helped with the transaction. You may as well head home.

Here's something that made me pause. J's reported to have had 1% on his cell phone, be out of water, and be wearing trainers.

On the booking site to hike the Masca Gorge trail, 3 of the 'compulsory equipment' items for the hike include a charged mobile phone, sufficient water (1.5L), and you can't wear trainers.

But he wasn't going a planned hike...

I recon you’d want to get rid of a watch like that pretty fast if it was stolen, say if you could stop for juice somewhere, maybe meet someone there to do a deal, now you have a bag of cash, and no reason to hang around with the guys that helped with the transaction. You may as well head home.
If he had a bag of cash he would have had the money for a taxi, he won’t have hung around for buses or attempted an 11 hour walk

The watch thing is a red herring, even if he stole it where would he sell it? it was his first trip abroad, wet behind the ears, no contacts or known fences in Tenerife to sell to if he had run off with a watch from Quasssim’s airbnb, not like he could sell it in a random bar

The only possibility of anything watch related is he was promised a cut by Quassim/his mate and was then double crossed at the villa and fled empty handed

"Ofelia Medina Hernandez runs a cafe above the Airbnb and says she saw Jay at about 8am on 17 June.

'He asked twice what time the bus came',
she told us.
'He came back and he asked me again, and I told him again, at 10 o'clock'.

'Later I got in my car, and I saw him, he was walking quickly, but I didn't see him again after that', she added."

My theory about Ofelia vs "unknown couple"
For @Helen_Stewart :)

- early Monday morning.
Ofelia (in charge of the cafe) needs to do shopping as cafe opens at 10 am.
She is accompanied by a man, probably an employee.

- Dang!
The car is blocked by the bnb guests
She buzzes the bell, sleepy Q appears, Jay (bored to death) hot on his heels.
Q moves the car,
Jay asks Ofelia about the bus.
(Understanding wrongly that bus is every 10 minutes).

- Jay is ready to leave.
Q tells him the bus is not coming now, offers a lift later.
Jay says
"Nah, I'm hungry', etc
Q: "Do what you want" and goes to sleep.

- Jay goes to the bus stop,
sees Ofelia again and asks about the bus for the second time.

- At last he understands it is at 10 o'clock,
so decides to walk,
not wanting to wait for 2 hours in this God's forsaken place.

- Jay marches quickly along the road
but in the opposite direction to the route of the bus.

- Ofelia sees him when travelling by car,
but does not speak to him again.

The rest is history/mystery.

PS
The "famous neighbours" are Olivia and her family.

Just My Opinion
:)

Last edited:
The watch thing is a red herring, even if he stole it where would he sell it? it was his first trip abroad, wet behind the ears, no contacts or known fences in Tenerife to sell to if he had run off with a watch from Quasssim’s airbnb, not like he could sell it in a random bar

The only possibility of anything watch related is he was promised a cut by Quassim/his mate and was then double crossed at the villa and fled empty handed
I would also wonder where the watch valuation came from not everyone knows about Rolex watches, and you'd have get it valued to get a price

I would also wonder where the watch valuation came from not everyone knows about Rolex watches, and you'd have get it valued to get a price
And baring in mind the fake rolex watches are 10 a penny in tenerife, does a 19 year old trainee bricklayer from a working class background really know a real rolex when he sees one... off his head at silly o clock in the morning, it's a big risk if he did all of this unpremeditated

Yes I know it's the same time he was asking about a bus. She couldn't have been talking to Jay at the bus stop, and knocking on the door of the airbnb asking Qassim to move his car simultaneously. Besides, if it was her, who was the man with her, because Qassim said it was a couple?

Why would they accompany her to ask for the car to be moved, given that she was on her own when driving that day?

The bus stop is 10 paces from the door of the Casa. It makes sense that it was Ofelia asking for the car to be moved and when AQ was sitting in the car said he saw J talking to Ofelia about the bus in his rear view mirror. It's her B&B and her cafe adjoining the B&B so presumably she parks her car on her property.

Of course this has not been confirmed though.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Veronica Farnsworth
Back