Spain Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Whether the reason he went back with them is relevant to his disappearance or not ...I can't believe its because he had nowhere to go.
Hundreds of young partygoers every month do not go back to their hotels / apartments together..they just go back and knock their friends or go to reception
I was wondering josie Jo if jay didn't book the hotel and only paid for flights and bunked in with friend is that why he wouldn't go reception but ayub says two contradictory statements one is that jay wanted to carry on partying and the other is this that his friends had left him and he had no where to go so which is true I would love us sluethers to put together a questionnaire for the witnesses

Obviously, it has to be a friend of Qassim and according to the Daily Mail, link above, he is close friends with a guy who goes by the name of Potter Payper. He is a drill rapper and his real name is Jamel Bousbaa.

This from the Daily mail:

"Bousbaa himself was sentenced to five years in 2018 for running his own county lines drug dealing network from east London – the area where he and Qassim grew up.
He was involved in what Ipswich Crown Court was told was the 'Frankie Line' which saw heroin and crack cocaine leave London and distributed throughout Clacton, Essex.
Four years ago he was released. He now runs a popular cannabis store in Playa de las Americas called Potters Garden, which sells multiple types of marijuana."

I'm not saying that this is the second guy, but it is a possibility, IMO.

Never thought of this...I always thought the 2nd guy to be "Johnny Vegas" despite AQ's claim that he, himself, is JV...

I have seen a few comments about "bitten by a cactus".
That phrase comes from the Daily Mail
However, if one listens to the video posted by MWT, he actually said "cut by a cactus".
So the word "bitten" is a creation by the Daily Mail.
Edited: Added the link to the video, which the Daily Mail is quoting.

Last edited:
But it wasn’t dark- we saw the photo from earlier that morning of the view and it was daylight. Chris isn’t the only one questioning why when the path got difficult he would continue on that path!
We have no way of knowing his mental state - drink/drugs/anxiety - at the time he left. His conversation with Lucy doesn't seem to have been the most coherent. Maybe he just saw the coast and kept going down, thinking no further than that. She was obviously concerned about his ability to manage, from the speed with which she mobilised services.

I have seen a few comments about "bitten by a cactus".
That phrase comes from the Daily Mail
However, if one listens to the video posted by MWT, he actually said "cut by a cactus".
So the word "bitten" is a creation by the Daily Mail.
Typical sensationalism by the DM to generate clicks I think this is where a lot of muddying of facts is coming from journalists mixing up times etc in their haste to get a rehashed story out for content tbh

We don't know.
Possible theories include
A. He had taken a Rolex and was trying to evade Airbnb guys by heading in the "wrong" direction
B. He was looking for a route down toward the beach/sea
C. He ended up disorientated after a night/s on it, without adequate sleep, water, food
D.?

I would also add my pet:)theory:

Right-hand traffic in Spain
Vs
Left-hand one in the UK.

Tourists surprisingly often forget about this issue.

After all,
a bus comes from the opposite direction than in home country :D

JMO

I would also add my pet:)theory:

Right-hand traffic in Spain
Vs
Left-hand one in the UK.

Tourists surprisingly often forget about this issue.

After all,
a bus comes from the opposite direction than in home country :D

JMO
I'm not sure why the side the traffic is on has anything to do why the last known location was barranco de juan lopez trail?

Typical sensationalism by the DM to generate clicks I think this is where a lot of muddying of facts is coming from journalists mixing up times etc in their haste to get a rehashed story out for content tbh
I have come across a few occasions where one article quotes another article (e.g. the Sun quotes the Daily Mail) and, in their attempt to not plagiarise, they rewrite the wording a bit making it in the end read like something else is being said, where the original wording may have mattered.
I'd say it's best to keep that in mind when analysing specific wording, like "bitten", "the owner", "a woman" vs "the woman" (were there two or one women when AQ was asked to move the car? If it was the same woman, the second reference to her should be "the woman" and not "a woman" etc). Once again, I think some of the meaning gets lots in re-quoting.

I have come across a few occasions where one article quotes another article (e.g. the Sun quotes the Daily Mail) and, in their attempt to not plagiarise, they rewrite the wording a bit making it in the end read like something else is being said, where the original wording may have mattered.
I'd say it's best to keep that in mind when analysing specific wording, like "bitten", "the owner", "a woman" vs "the woman" (were there two or one women when AQ was asked to move the car? If it was the same woman, the second reference to her should be "the woman" and not "a woman" etc). Once again, I think some of the meaning gets lots in re-quoting.

How true!
And hilarious hahaha

We have no way of knowing his mental state - drink/drugs/anxiety - at the time he left. His conversation with Lucy doesn't seem to have been the most coherent. Maybe he just saw the coast and kept going down, thinking no further than that. She was obviously concerned about his ability to manage, from the speed with which she mobilised services.
Well according to Brad he was living his best life, happy as Larry a few minutes earlier, on the road (and then he heard gravel noises, he didn’t state he saw him off road or falling if you watch his interview).
If he saw the coast and kept going down, he would have been found. Whilst that path is dangerous- it’s not the walking that’s dangerous, it’s the falling rocks (hence why you need to wear a helmet). It would have been different if he went out rock climbing upwards and then fell into a ravine.
Lucy didn’t speedily manage to mobilise services either - the Guardia said she reported him missing between 6.00 and 8.00pm. The post asking for a lift up there was at 11.39 and when offered the lift, she delayed and said she needed to go to the police station first. They were also out there with other people, none of whom went with Lucy, so they didn’t get a sense of urgency either.

So then the logic would suggest he charged his phone after being given one after asking for one.

It would be pretty pointless to ask for one and then get given one to then not charge his dying phone.
There's no guarantee the charger was compatible with Jay's phone.
If Jay was using an iPhone, he'd almost certainly require a lightning cable. Apple only moved onto USB-C with their most recent models.
Likewise, he might have had an Android phone that required a USB-C cable, despite there only being a lightning cable available.

There's no guarantee the charger was compatible with Jay's phone.
If Jay was using an iPhone, he'd almost certainly require a lightning cable. Apple only moved onto USB-C with their most recent models.
Likewise, he might have had an Android phone that required a USB-C cable, despite there only being a lightning cable available.
Judging by the timeline, albeit there are some inconsistencies to that, it also appears he may have had not enough time to charge it sufficiently even if he started charging it

Judging by the timeline, albeit there are some inconsistencies to that, it also appears he may have had not enough time to charge it sufficiently even if he started charging it
To add, there were also media reports that he was snapchatting / calling his friends from the Airbnb. So even if he was charging his phone, he possibly didn't have enough time to get enough charge especially if he was also heavily using it at the same time

Cactus is a street name for mescaline.
That's a dubious link at best. There is such a broad range of colloquial 'street' names for recreational drugs that you could literally connect any noun to some drug or another.

The designer drug Cake, for example, can also be referred to as:

Loonytoad Quack
Rustledust
Chronic Basildon Doughnut
Joss Ackland's Spunky Backpack
Bromicide
Ponce on the Heath
Cool Thwacks & Charlie
Argue Barmies
and Wattie Jacques Pretentious Cheese Wog

Don't even get me started on all the slang terms for Cannabis.

Here's something that made me pause. J's reported to have had 1% on his cell phone, be out of water, and be wearing trainers.

On the booking site to hike the Masca Gorge trail, 3 of the 'compulsory equipment' items for the hike include a charged mobile phone, sufficient water (1.5L), and you can't wear trainers.

Well according to Brad he was living his best life, happy as Larry a few minutes earlier, on the road (and then he heard gravel noises, he didn’t state he saw him off road or falling if you watch his interview).
If he saw the coast and kept going down, he would have been found. Whilst that path is dangerous- it’s not the walking that’s dangerous, it’s the falling rocks (hence why you need to wear a helmet). It would have been different if he went out rock climbing upwards and then fell into a ravine.
Lucy didn’t speedily manage to mobilise services either - the Guardia said she reported him missing between 6.00 and 8.00pm. The post asking for a lift up there was at 11.39 and when offered the lift, she delayed and said she needed to go to the police station first. They were also out there with other people, none of whom went with Lucy, so they didn’t get a sense of urgency either.
'Living his best life' could also be 'high as a kite' but we'll probably never know. But apologies over the Lucy timeline - from what I had previously read, when she was still the heroine of the tale, she got onto it really fast when she lost contact with him I missed the rest.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Veronica Farnsworth
Back