Spain Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

I was looking back at the article in the daily mail re ayub qassim's interview and I was chatting to a friend about the it and friend said could jay have OD'ed and I was thinking is this why ayub mentioned the fizzy drink and offering shower and giving towel which seem as going into too much detail but if ayub is a convicted criminal obviously he would know about forensics so what if jay was oding in car and they got him a fizzy drink to try bring him down this is a common myth amount drug users that a can of fizzy orange will sober you up if that didn't work you would try put person in cold shower which would forensically place jay in the shower so ayub would have simply explained this by stating he offered jay a shower and didn't know if he took one or not as he was sleeping also if cold shower didn't work you may put jay on the couch and cover him in blanket thinking maybe he sleep it off this is just another possibility as I can't understand a chap with low phone battery would attempt a hike through that location especially after a few days partying but just because I can't comprehend this does mean jay didn't think it made sense also on snap chat cactus can mean account verified just thought I would look up alternative meanings of cactus

I was looking back at the article in the daily mail re ayub qassim's interview and I was chatting to a friend about the it and friend said could jay have OD'ed and I was thinking is this why ayub mentioned the fizzy drink and offering shower and giving towel which seem as going into too much detail but if ayub is a convicted criminal obviously he would know about forensics so what if jay was oding in car and they got him a fizzy drink to try bring him down this is a common myth amount drug users that a can of fizzy orange will sober you up if that didn't work you would try put person in cold shower which would forensically place jay in the shower so ayub would have simply explained this by stating he offered jay a shower and didn't know if he took one or not as he was sleeping also if cold shower didn't work you may put jay on the couch and cover him in blanket thinking maybe he sleep it off this is just another possibility as I can't understand a chap with low phone battery would attempt a hike through that location especially after a few days partying but just because I can't comprehend this does mean jay didn't think it made sense also on snap chat cactus can mean account verified just thought I would look up alternative meanings of cactus
That's an interesting theory and fits with some of the strange comments that Qassim came out with. However, we have to consider the sightings of him by Ophelia, the bnb owner, later that morning. Of course it is possible she isn't telling the truth.

I am still very much catching up with this so do excuse the obvious question.
Why was Jay heading in the opposite direction of his apartment when he left the Airbnb?
Is it due to the bus stop being located in that direction? I am going by his last known phone ping which appears further away from where he was staying.
I don't think anybody really knows. There's a few theories, such as, he misunderstood the Spanish lady who told him the bus times or that he was confused due to dehydration, lack of sleep etc.

Whether the reason he went back with them is relevant to his disappearance or not ...I can't believe its because he had nowhere to go.
Hundreds of young partygoers every month do not go back to their hotels / apartments together..they just go back and knock their friends up or ask reception to let them In.

Whether the reason he went back with them is relevant to his disappearance or not ...I can't believe its because he had nowhere to go.
Hundreds of young partygoers every month do not go back to their hotels / apartments together..they just go back and knock their friends up or ask reception to let them In.
The only reason I can think of is that they all had a falling out, and he didn't want to go back at that time.

That's an interesting theory and fits with some of the strange comments that Qassim came out with. However, we have to consider the sightings of him by Ophelia, the bnb owner, later that morning. Of course it is possible she isn't telling the truth.
I forgot about ophelia there is more parts to this than a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle I still can't comprehend why jay would choose to hike over that terrain the still from the video of ayub on the AirBnB steps he pans the camera to the scenery in front of him (i will find article and link )what 19 year old looks at that and goes I think I will hike that after 3 days at a festival especially after all the easier options presented to him bus 2hour wait(unless he thought 10pm ) lift from ayub in couple of hours and chance to have some water charge phone etc

Last edited:
I forgot about ophelia there is more parts to this than a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle I still can't comprehend why jay would choose to hike over that terrain the still from the video of ayub on the AirBnB steps he pans the camera to the scenery in front of him (i will find article and link )what 19 year old looks at that and goes I think I will hike that after 3 days at a festival especially after all the easier options presented to him bus 2hour wait(unless he thought 10pm ) lift from ayub in couple of hours and chance to have some water charge phone etc

There was a mention in another thread that there was a river taxi that goes to LC, so maybe he was heading towards that and Google Maps sent him in the off road direction he went

I forgot about ophelia there is more parts to this than a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle I still can't comprehend why jay would choose to hike over that terrain the still from the video of ayub on the AirBnB steps he pans the camera to the scenery in front of him (i will find article and link )what 19 year old looks at that and goes I think I will hike that after 3 days at a festival especially after all the easier options presented to him bus 2hour wait(unless he thought 10pm ) lift from ayub in couple of hours

I don't think we will ever know why.

This tragic story will appear in headlines only until another tragedy strikes.

Jay might be found or not.
The terrain is massive and difficult to search.

I sympathize with Jay's family.
Not to know what happened
and not be able to bury a loved one will be an open wound for the rest of their lives :(
Always wondering...

JMO

That link to the Daily Mail shows Qassim on the steps where Jay posted one of his last videos. Do we know if he filmed himself before or after Jay went missing?
Also, the photo of him with two youths, is that before or after?

Another question I have is how did jay see his phone screen to dial Lucy if his phone was on 1% this has been reported as fact from day one and article linked many times so I'm not linking again but where I live it's a beautiful sunny day and I allowed my phone go to 1%for research purposes and between the sun and low battery my screen was black when I pulled down to put brightness bar up from memory as to where that is it wouldn't let me instead got battery low alert and I couldn't put up brightness maybe just my phone but even to put code in screen lock I couldn't see the numbers on the keyboard I think when multiple people are potential witnesses to a time line always going to be mix ups and varied stories I still maintain Lucy chose to use key words in her intitial report to law enforcement to get them to act quickly and she is sticking to that now especially in light of all the negative comments regarding her alleged involvement in illegal activities in her mind I would imagine she is very upset and my head would be thinking at that age how did I go from hero to villain so quickly god love all involved what was suppose to be a fun holiday turned into an absolute nightmare of a situation

Last edited:
I allowed my phone go to 1%for research purposes and between the sun and low battery my screen was black when I pulled down to put brightness bar up from memory as to where that is it wouldn't let me instead got battery low alert and I couldn't put up brightness maybe just my phone but even to put code in screen lock I could see the numbers on the keyboard

Hats off to your dedication as a Sleuth :D

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the new information from Ayub is still just second hand from MWT. I haven't looked at anything from MWT directly, just getting the jist here from you all. I'm not saying he is lying about what Ayub said--but he could have asked questions to flesh out the story. "Where did your friend go? Which bedroom?...to which Ayub responded the one on the left or he went left.

Don't get me wrong.. I'm suspicious of these two from the airbnb too--- but in my mind... anything nefarious would have taken place after those phone calls to Brad and Lucy. Which means, Jay would have had to find his way back to the airbnb magically OR they went out and found him. I don't think either of those things happened. MOO

IMO, On a separate note, the couple that knocked on the door and Ophelia are not the same. He was being asked to move his car at the same time Jay was talking to Ophelia. If it were the same person, I would think he would say something like "I seen Jay talking to the lady who asked me to move my car"

Edit. Spelling

Cactus is a street name for mescaline.

Who is the 2nd guy?

Obviously, it has to be a friend of Qassim and according to the Daily Mail, link above, he is close friends with a guy who goes by the name of Potter Payper. He is a drill rapper and his real name is Jamel Bousbaa.

This from the Daily mail:

"Bousbaa himself was sentenced to five years in 2018 for running his own county lines drug dealing network from east London – the area where he and Qassim grew up.
He was involved in what Ipswich Crown Court was told was the 'Frankie Line' which saw heroin and crack cocaine leave London and distributed throughout Clacton, Essex.
Four years ago he was released. He now runs a popular cannabis store in Playa de las Americas called Potters Garden, which sells multiple types of marijuana."

I'm not saying that this is the second guy, but it is a possibility, IMO.

Cactus is a street name for mescaline.
I seen that too but wasn't sure if the link was postable here I wondered if "Bitten by a cactus was urban slang for poisoned by mescaline or if it was used in rap slang I know I say if someone (especially younger little kids) say catches their finger in a door etc did the door bite you

I am still very much catching up with this so do excuse the obvious question.
Why was Jay heading in the opposite direction of his apartment when he left the Airbnb?
Is it due to the bus stop being located in that direction? I am going by his last known phone ping which appears further away from where he was staying.
We don't know.
Possible theories include
A. He had taken a Rolex and was trying to evade Airbnb guys by heading in the "wrong" direction
B. He was looking for a route down toward the beach/sea
C. He ended up disorientated after a night/s on it, without adequate sleep, water, food
D.?

Last edited:
Obviously, it has to be a friend of Qassim and according to the Daily Mail, link above, he is close friends with a guy who goes by the name of Potter Payper. He is a drill rapper and his real name is Jamel Bousbaa.

This from the Daily mail:

"Bousbaa himself was sentenced to five years in 2018 for running his own county lines drug dealing network from east London – the area where he and Qassim grew up.
He was involved in what Ipswich Crown Court was told was the 'Frankie Line' which saw heroin and crack cocaine leave London and distributed throughout Clacton, Essex.
Four years ago he was released. He now runs a popular cannabis store in Playa de las Americas called Potters Garden, which sells multiple types of marijuana."

I'm not saying that this is the second guy, but it is a possibility, IMO.
I had wondered if Potter was the second guy too

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Veronica Farnsworth
Back