NC NC - Blake Deven & London Deven, missing dates and ages are uncertain, FBI involved, Fayetteville

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maybe adopted illegally..
It was legal, but it was weird. She didn't adopt them from state foster care, it was a business that handled it, like a private foster care thing. It was legal, but they did not ever do any health checks after that

What gets me is she probably got ssi for both kids and that's what paid for her life smh.

How could this person even be allowed to ADOPT any children???

Sorry
but it is beyond my comprehension :oops:

She seems to be "not right in the head".

In my country adoption process is lengthy and prospective parents have to "tick" all possible boxes to get this privilege.

And in case of vulnerable kids,
the bar is set even higher.

Everything is checked by Family Court.
Accommodation/material status/occupations/no criminal records, etc, etc.

Also, a single person has little chance for adopting a child.
Only families/married couples.

This repugnant case is simply unbelievable!!! :mad:

RIP to poor, tortured souls :(

I completely agree.

But the US appears (from the outside) to be very weird when it comes to adoption.

Adopted kid not working out for you? You can even privately re-home them.

Anyone who fancies a gawp at some kids who are currently available for rehoming can do so here - plenty of details and photos available, even for kids who have already been rehomed (and this is one of the more legitimate routes to re-home a child - it's often done via Facebook groups)

Yes, this does sometimes go wrong, unsurprisingly. The Nicole and Calvin Eason case involved a woman who had already had her own two bio kids removed on child protection grounds able to acquire more children via the private rehoming route. They sexually abused the children and are now serving 40 years.

been gone for a week, just now catching up, gonna place some snips here you have already read to make it easier for me to come back and find them later.
-----------------------------------
Avantae Deven forced one of Blake Deven’s siblings to purchase tools and items from a store to use to dismember his body, according to the warrant.

The warrants also state Avantae Deven enlisted a friend of the family to pretend to be Blake Deven during a visit from the Cumberland County Department of Social Services [DSS].

Detectives found a metal burn barrel with partial human remains in the backyard of a home on Beaver Dam Road in Autryville, according to Fayetteville police.
[snip]
Video footage from an area Walmart showed Avantae Deven and two adopted children purchasing a red cooler, according to the arrest documents. The documents allege London Deven’s remains were found inside the cooler.
[snip]
Avantae Deven is due in court again on July 17.
Adoptive mother forced child to buy supplies, dismember sibling’s body, warrants allege
[I am confused, all other reports state London's partial skelatal remains were found in a burn barrel. What is this about them being in a cooler?]

In another twisted detail, police said when the DSS came to the house for a visit, Deven had a family acquaintance pretend to be Blake.

Detectives tracked down the person who admitted he took part in the impersonation at Deven's request.
Mother faces death penalty over murder of two adopted children

[so I am assuming the person enlisted to "stand in" as Trenton (Blake) was a minor since the person he was immitating was a minor. Curious if this child was the child of a friend and how they located him now as an adult]

Last edited:
Been doing a little poking around trying to find out where Beaver Dam Rd is and how it's associated with Avantae. Looks like it's got an Autryville address, but is in Cumberland County, instead of Sampson. Autryville 'proper' is in Sampson County. All rural anyway.

Not having much luck yet.

[I am confused, all other reports state London's partial skelatal remains were found in a burn barrel. What is this about them being in a cooler?]
Could the cooler have been inside the barrel somehow? I should think a cooler would be too wide to fit in a burn barrel but it's the only scenario I can think of where both bodies could still be in the barrel with the cooler also involved.
I expected a sad outcome for this case but not quite this horrific :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbqchickenrobot
Back