4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #95

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IMO seems one often hears a defense attorney or other client advocate says words such as the following:

“I am convinced of my client’s innocence.”
“I do not believe my client is responsible for……..”
“We do not believe there is sufficient evidence that establishes my client’s guilt in this case.”
“We believe there is evidence demonstrating there is another perpetrator responsible for these crimes and that individual is not my client.”

They might even add the qualifying ‘beyond a reasonable doubt’ in some statements.

Will be interesting to see how this starts to unfold in court. And with a supposed gag order IIUC in this case of BK, I am not sure all evidence (for either side) is yet fully known.

IMO IIUC it is one thing for a defense counsel to proclaim their client’s innocence in public records. And quite another to demonstrate it in a court of law or in a legal matter or record. I am looking forward to the case written record and filings in this case. MOO

As far as I know, they never specified where the additional DNA from other unidentified males was found in the house. But I do remember reading that unidentified male DNA was found on a discarded glove found outside.

This is not accurate. In the house yes NOT on the sheath. The glove, off property, being found by a private investigator could have been dropped by any passerby, although I did find it interesting. JMOO

And, the other DNA did not meet requirements for testing.
that glove was found on Nov 25, 2022 by a you-tuber that is a private investigator and the glove that was mentioned by the defense was found on Nov 20, 2022. It's two different gloves.

Screen Shot 2024-09-03 at 10.39.06 AM.png
Source:
OBJECTION TO STATE’S MOTION FOR PROTECTIVE ORDER

Bryan Kohberger's defense, state quarrel over DNA evidence

A llnk to the hearing where unknown samples from house were addressed can be found in above. Hearing was 18th August 2023.

Quote from article

"'DNA Evidence
...Anne Taylor, Kohberger's lawyer, specifically pointed to three unidentified male DNA samples taken from the murder scene that the defense has not received. Prosecutor Bill Thompson countered, arguing that the defense already possesses everything accessible to the state.
Thompson stated, "All I'm hearing is speculation that they wish there was something there. We can't respond to something that doesn't exist."
"Thompson concluded that the three samples in question were not uploaded to a Combined DNA Index System (CODIS) database due to ineligibility. He claimed that defense attorney Anne Taylor was informed of this by the lab"

Bryan Kohberger's defense, state quarrel over DNA evidence

A llnk to the hearing where unknown samples from house were addressed can be found in above. Hearing was 18th August 2023.

Quote from article

"'DNA Evidence
...Anne Taylor, Kohberger's lawyer, specifically pointed to three unidentified male DNA samples taken from the murder scene that the defense has not received. Prosecutor Bill Thompson countered, arguing that the defense already possesses everything accessible to the state.
Thompson stated, "All I'm hearing is speculation that they wish there was something there. We can't respond to something that doesn't exist."
"Thompson concluded that the three samples in question were not uploaded to a Combined DNA Index System (CODIS) database due to ineligibility. He claimed that defense attorney Anne Taylor was informed of this by the lab"
I wonder what that means--that the samples were not uploaded due to ineligibility? What would make them ineligible?

I wonder what that means--that the samples were not uploaded due to ineligibility? What would make them ineligible?
There was half a thread discussing all that back in Aug 2023. Postings of CODIS guidelines blah blah. Can't remember offhand but judge made no rulings about it so assume it got sorted. Jmo

Reactions: GRT

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
poohgirl2001w
Back